3 2006 Hendry Vineyard Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 375ml
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
1/19/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Fred, you buying?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Only $2 less than the previous offer, that won't make up for the sales tax. However, it's still a nice discount if you compare the cost of 2 of these 375s (approx. $33 with tax & shipping) vs the CT average price for one of the 750s (around $50).

chipgreen

mschauber wrote:Fred, you buying?

From the previous offer;

fredrinaldi wrote:gotta pass, I could never live with myself drinking 3 bottles of wine a night

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
chipgreen wrote:

You've got to respect a man who knows what he wants.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of April 7th

Spring has sprung! The Cherry Blossoms are blooming! Why not pop open some bubbly and share with your wine drinking brethren? Host a Get-Together in your area!

April
4/19: Ohio Wine.Woot Table at the Wine Dinner
TBD: SoCal #25: Pasta-making! - Lakewood - TBD (April/May)

May
5/4: NorCal: Vincent Arroyo Open House
TBD: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland

June
6/1: NorCal Classified Bordeaux Tasting

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the GATHERINGS Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

sneadcd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sneadcd

bought this last time, going to buy at least one order again this time, this has to be one of my favorite wine woots

kennyg1

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kennyg1

Was in on previous offer and did not regret it. Both vintages are quite good, with the edge going to the 07. It is apparent from the first swish of the glass and sniff of the nose that this is good juice. Those half bottles come in handy when you need two nice glasses and no more, although you may well be tempted to pop a second. Trying to decide whether it will be one or two this time.

dal290la

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dal290la

I would order but WOOT has become ridiculously slow in shipping. I ordered wine back on 3/29 that has yet to ship. I guess they are trying to age the wine a year or so more before you receive it.

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
dal290la wrote:I would order but WOOT has become ridiculously slow in shipping. I ordered wine back on 3/29 that has yet to ship. I guess they are trying to age the wine a year or so more before you receive it.

Lol, this is normal.

CT

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dal290la wrote:I would order but WOOT has become ridiculously slow in shipping. I ordered wine back on 3/29 that has yet to ship. I guess they are trying to age the wine a year or so more before you receive it.

Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

The FAQ:

How long is shipment going to take?
You should get your wine in 2-3 weeks, often sooner. We know the wait is kind of a drag. But it's still gonna taste good (maybe even better), and since we leave it to the wineries to get the wine to you, you can count on their experience to send their wine using their expert methodologies.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi
chipgreen wrote:

still holds true, don't get the 1/2 bottle concept.

fredrinaldi

mschauber wrote:Fred, you buying?

dude, did you get in on last thursdays non wine buy of Brandini?

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

The adorability level on these is high, and I have enjoyed Hendry Zin.
These are perfect for those with pregnant significant others, imo.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I love seeing half bottles on woot. Makes it easy when I am the only one that wants some juice with my meal.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

chipgreen

ThunderThighs wrote:Wine shipments take a bit longer than shipments from our other sites. Allow at least 2-3 weeks.

For me the shipments have sped up, not slowed down. It used to take 3 weeks for me to receive my orders in Ohio, now it takes 2 weeks for most of them.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

It's been less than 2 weeks. Let's not get all crazy with hyperbole.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin

You're just not ordering frequently enough, or you'd be getting deliveries every week to keep you busy and wouldn't have this current excuse.

CT

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS
rjquillin wrote:You're just not ordering frequently enough, or you'd be getting deliveries every week to keep you busy and wouldn't have this current excuse.

That's a great strategy

mj71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mj71

Anyone have any information on when to drink? Now, between x and y, etc.

fredrinaldi

rjquillin wrote:You're just not ordering frequently enough, or you'd be getting deliveries every week to keep you busy and wouldn't have this current excuse.

thats always worked for me, fizzy cab & argento last week, Salexis Wines Napa Valley Merlot this week.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
mj71 wrote:Anyone have any information on when to drink? Now, between x and y, etc.

between 4pm and 10pm works for me. Any later than that and I tend to get a hangover.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tytiger58 wrote:between 4pm and 10pm works for me. Any later than that and I tend to get a hangover.

I think 3:30PM start time is acceptable on weekends.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

free2day33611

quality posts: 2 Private Messages free2day33611
neilfindswine wrote:I think 3:30PM start time is acceptable on weekends.

+1
And I think 1/2 bottles are perfect on the weekend after the wife & I have had a bottle and may want just a little more given the early start time. I bought the Hendry Zins when offered on woot and they were excellent for the price (hopefully that carries over to the cab). So this is an easy buy since 1/2 bottles are not offered very often. The price is higher relative to a regular bottle due to additional cost of bottling, etc.

kylemittskus

I'm not buying this deal, though I'd like to, but I do want to say that I really like half-bottle offers. They don't come around too often, but they are great to have around and I'd love to see more of them.

lurcher

quality posts: 8 Private Messages lurcher
kylemittskus wrote:I'm not buying this deal, though I'd like to, but I do want to say that I really like half-bottle offers. They don't come around too often, but they are great to have around and I'd love to see more of them.

What he said

from someone with a non-wine drinking spouse (yea, I know...)

hendryranchwinery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hendryranchwinery
mj71 wrote:Anyone have any information on when to drink? Now, between x and y, etc.

Hi mj71! These half bottle will need to be drunk sooner that their 750ml mates. George's 750ml hold up 10-15 years. So I would half that for the 375ml. Drink now a year.

hendryranchwinery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hendryranchwinery
sneadcd wrote:bought this last time, going to buy at least one order again this time, this has to be one of my favorite wine woots

Thank you for your support!
Cheers,
The Hendry gang

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Tytiger, Kyle, Klez, bsevern, trifecta, ajrod, sparky, RJ.... Any of you tried this? I want to get a full pack I'm just hoping for an enabler. Someone else who has tried and liked it. Neil or WD?

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

huberww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages huberww

I'd be in for 2 or 3, if only I did not live in Virginia (where woot can no longer ship). Hendry wines are excellent, as is the half bottle format.

kylemittskus

cmaldoon wrote:Tytiger, Kyle, Klez, bsevern, trifecta, ajrod, sparky, RJ.... Any of you tried this? I want to get a full pack I'm just hoping for an enabler. Someone else who has tried and liked it. Neil or WD?

I haven't even tried the zins from forever ago. FWIW, I'd be in if I weren't being threatened by SWMBO.

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
cmaldoon wrote:Tytiger, Kyle, Klez, bsevern, trifecta, ajrod, sparky, RJ.... Any of you tried this? I want to get a full pack I'm just hoping for an enabler. Someone else who has tried and liked it. Neil or WD?

Sadly, no help here. And I've got my Ar as a worthy stand-in for those sipper bottles.

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Two years ago I picked up the Hendry Wines Estate 2007 Napa Valley Zinfandel - 4 Pack
$59.99 here and I thought the Zin's were very good (still have two left). I've not tried their cabs, but if there as well made as their Zin, they should be very good.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

sorry never had these..

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chipgreen

hendryranchwinery wrote:Hi mj71! These half bottle will need to be drunk sooner that their 750ml mates. George's 750ml hold up 10-15 years. So I would half that for the 375ml. Drink now a year.

Thank you, that was my question last time these were sold on woot. Appreciate you stopping by....

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

I love the half bottle as I am the only red drinker in my family but I need these to be a bit cheaper to take the plunge.

CT