SneezyKevinA


quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA

It's been a few years since I have been able to make it to Hunt Country. We used to stop 2 or 3 times a year but kids have prevented that now.

I have always loved these wines and Foxy Lady was the first wine my mom brought me. So Hunt Country indirectly got me started on wines!

I'm in.

coynedj


quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Order placed - I was just waiting for a day on which I could combine shipping, and the Fleur de Sel chocolates over on Home Woot did the trick! I look forward to these - it's been far too long since I did a Finger Lakes wine tour.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

smwhipple wrote:The text is fixed, but the final picture still shows only 5 bottles.



Dagnabbit! I'll ask for that pic to be removed. Thanks for pointing it out.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jimhcv


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jimhcv
SneezyKevinA wrote:It's been a few years since I have been able to make it to Hunt Country. We used to stop 2 or 3 times a year but kids have prevented that now.

I have always loved these wines and Foxy Lady was the first wine my mom brought me. So Hunt Country indirectly got me started on wines!

I'm in.



Great! We're glad to have you back! If you'd like to stop by the winery sometime, please email me (Jim@HuntWines.com). I'd be happy to show the whole family the inside of the winery production area.
'-- Jim, Hunt Country

jimhcv


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jimhcv
coynedj wrote:Order placed - I was just waiting for a day on which I could combine shipping, and the Fleur de Sel chocolates over on Home Woot did the trick! I look forward to these - it's been far too long since I did a Finger Lakes wine tour.



Nothing better than a trip around Keuka Lake when you do visit the area again! The quality of the wines, the beauty of the scenery and friendliness of the staff are unparalleled in our region. Try to avoid summer/fall Saturdays to have the best possible experience!
'--- Jim, Hunt Country Vineyards

coolchris160


quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
coynedj wrote:Order placed - I was just waiting for a day on which I could combine shipping, and the Fleur de Sel chocolates over on Home Woot did the trick! I look forward to these - it's been far too long since I did a Finger Lakes wine tour.


I too bought more of the chocolates and I'm debating getting the 3-pack here. This is a lot more than I usually spend on wine though. Granted, I'm sure it's amazing wine, but I'm not certain my palate can appreciate the difference from other dessert wines that I've had that were in the $10-$15 price range. It doesn't help that I'm on a tight budget :/

If I could get just the Vidal Blanc Ice Wine here, and the price was right, I'd most likely cave in and click the big yellow button.

mikefaulk


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikefaulk

I have heard a lot of great things about wine from this region from my partner in crime Clark Smith. I just purchased a six pack and looking forward to it. Thank you Hunt County

jimhcv


quality posts: 13 Private Messages jimhcv
mikefaulk wrote:I have heard a lot of great things about wine from this region from my partner in crime Clark Smith. I just purchased a six pack and looking forward to it. Thank you Hunt County



Super ... I hope you enjoy the wines, Mike!

SneezyKevinA


quality posts: 3 Private Messages SneezyKevinA
jimhcv wrote:Great! We're glad to have you back! If you'd like to stop by the winery sometime, please email me (Jim@HuntWines.com). I'd be happy to show the whole family the inside of the winery production area.
'-- Jim, Hunt Country



I've actually had the tour! We used to have the time to go tasting but things have changed. I love NY wines and really should just place some orders on a regular basis.

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

I'm sure the winery had the best of intentions shipping this FedEx Home, but given that Woot exhorts us to ship to a business address... What happened is that FedEx attempted delivery on Saturday, but the building where I work is closed on Saturdays. So the tracking info says redelivery will be attempted the next business day -- which despite all appearances, turns out to be tomorrow! Go figure!

Just a little disappointed to have my anticipation thwarted, but it's not like I can't wait another day. Enjoyed a bottle of HC Vignoles (not the LH) with dinner on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to enjoying these as well.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

InFrom wrote:I'm sure the winery had the best of intentions shipping this FedEx Home, but given that Woot exhorts us to ship to a business address... What happened is that FedEx attempted delivery on Saturday, but the building where I work is closed on Saturdays. So the tracking info says redelivery will be attempted the next business day -- which despite all appearances, turns out to be tomorrow! Go figure!

Just a little disappointed to have my anticipation thwarted, but it's not like I can't wait another day. Enjoyed a bottle of HC Vignoles (not the LH) with dinner on Saturday, and I'm looking forward to enjoying these as well.



If I recall correctly, FedEx Home doesn't deliver on Mondays for some reason.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
ThunderThighs wrote:If I recall correctly, FedEx Home doesn't deliver on Mondays for some reason.

Well, that would explain why Tuesday is the next business day. Thanks, TT.

smwhipple


quality posts: 2 Private Messages smwhipple

With the exception of the Vignoles, these were all excellent dessert wines. I'm saving the remainder for special treats. The two Vignoles I opened were just bad. I think due to a cracked cork, I just notified the winery so we'll see what they say.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
smwhipple wrote:With the exception of the Vignoles, these were all excellent dessert wines. I'm saving the remainder for special treats. The two Vignoles I opened were just bad. I think due to a cracked cork, I just notified the winery so we'll see what they say.



Jim will probably take care of you anyway, but those requests should go through woot support team.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
ThunderThighs wrote:If I recall correctly, FedEx Home doesn't deliver on Mondays for some reason.

This is absolutely correct. It's because they deliver on Saturday I was told by my special FedEx staff I keep supplied.

CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
smwhipple wrote:With the exception of the Vignoles, these were all excellent dessert wines. I'm saving the remainder for special treats. The two Vignoles I opened were just bad. I think due to a cracked cork, I just notified the winery so we'll see what they say.


Two cracked corks?

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

Happy to see this thread is still hovering around the top. What with all the brouhaha about not getting wine delivered to NYS from some of our regular sources, I was thinking that I should dig out that lovely Woot discount offer that came with this shipment.

It doesn't seem to be limited only to those who bought from this Plus sale The copy just says it's an "exclusive offer for Wooters." 20% off all wines, any size order; 50% off shipping on 6-bottle purchases, free shipping on 12-bottle purchases; "mix/match wines as you like!" Good through the end of the year, coupon code is WOOT7.

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Happy to see this thread is still hovering around the top. What with all the brouhaha about not getting wine delivered to NYS from some of our regular sources, I was thinking that I should dig out that lovely Woot discount offer that came with this shipment.

It doesn't seem to be limited only to those who bought from this Plus sale The copy just says it's an "exclusive offer for Wooters." 20% off all wines, any size order; 50% off shipping on 6-bottle purchases, free shipping on 12-bottle purchases; "mix/match wines as you like!" Good through the end of the year, coupon code is WOOT7.


Good call. Also, if you've ordered a case or more at one time from their website in the past year, you're automatically enrolled in their "Wine Lovers" club which gives an additional 10% discount. Just login to your account during the order process. I had to request my user name and password because they had been assigned randomly from a previous order, but I received the info immediately via email and ended up with 30% off a mixed case with the stacked discounts and free shipping.

Slarti59


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I just tried the coupon code. It's giving me 20% off on the 2007 Late Harvest Vignoles, but not on the 2012.

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
Slarti59 wrote:I just tried the coupon code. It's giving me 20% off on the 2007 Late Harvest Vignoles, but not on the 2012.

Sorry for the delayed response, just saw your comment.

I suppose you could call the winery, ID yourself as a Wooter, and find out what gives. The offer did not mention any limitations as to particular vintages.

ddeuddeg


quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:Good call. Also, if you've ordered a case or more at one time from their website in the past year, you're automatically enrolled in their "Wine Lovers" club which gives an additional 10% discount. Just login to your account during the order process. I had to request my user name and password because they had been assigned randomly from a previous order, but I received the info immediately via email and ended up with 30% off a mixed case with the stacked discounts and free shipping.

Are you sure about the 30%? Typically, consecutive discounts of 20% and 10% would result in an overall discount of 28%.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne


Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:Are you sure about the 30%? Typically, consecutive discounts of 20% and 10% would result in an overall discount of 28%.


I hadn't even thought of that but in checking my order it appears that I did get a full 30% discount, i.e. a bottle of Alchemy goes for $14.99 and they charged me $10.49.

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

Hunt Country is having their annual holiday sale on various selections with FS on a case and a $20 coupon for future purchases. You may have to login/create an account to see all the discounts/offers.

CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

Hunt Country is having their annual holiday sale on various selections with FS on a case and a $20 coupon for future purchases. You may have to login/create an account to see all the discounts/offers.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Hunt Country is having their annual holiday sale on various selections with FS on a case and a $20 coupon for future purchases. You may have to login/create an account to see all the discounts/offers.



Where's the Football?...are you on every single deal list out there?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Where's the Football?...are you on every single deal list out there?

Just saw they reduced the FS quantity to only six! They do have some nice late harvest and ice wines that don't break the bank, unless you're looking for a mag of Vidal Blanc Ice Wine 2006 for $150. Now I'm toast.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Just saw they reduced the FS quantity to only six! They do have some nice late harvest and ice wines that don't break the bank, unless you're looking for a mag of Vidal Blanc Ice Wine 2006 for $150. Now I'm toast.



Send me the list of sale prices? I may be interested in a few bottles, because I clearly need more. Sigh.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:Send me the list of sale prices? I may be interested in a few bottles, because I clearly need more. Sigh.


Their regular prices are very reasonable to begin with but here are the sale selections;

2011 Cayuga White $8.99 ($1 off)
2007 Late Harvest Vignoles $16.99/375ml ($3 off)
2010 Pinot Gris $12.99 ($3 off)
2010 Valvin Muscat $12.99 ($2 off)
2010 Vignoles $8.99 ($1 off)

Regular price;
NV Alchemy $14.99 (CabFranc/Lemberger/Merlot/CabSauv)
2011 Cabernet Franc $15.99
NV Classic Red $9.99
2012 Chardonnay $13.99
NV Chardonnay Champagne $16.99
NV Cream Sherry $16.99/500ml
NV Dolce di Moscato $11.99
2012 Dry Riesling $14.99
NV Foxy Lady Blush $8.99
NV Foxy Lady Red $8.99
NV Foxy Lady White $8.99
NV Hunter's Red $8.99
2011 Late Harvest Moscato $27.99/375ml (only 50 cases produced)
2011 Meritage $17.99 (35%CabFranc/35%CabSauv/30%Merlot)
NV Pearl $12.99 (UnoakedChard/CayugaWhite/PinotGris)
NV Ruby Port $15.99/500ml
2012 Semi-Dry Riesling $12.99
2012 Seyval Blanc $9.99
NV Sweet Gus $8.99
2008 Valvin Muscat $16.99
2006 Vidal Blanc Ice Wine $150/1.5l (signed/numbered)
2007 Vidal Blanc Ice Wine $39.99/375ml
2012 Vignoles $11.99

Hunt Country website

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
chipgreen wrote:Their regular prices are very reasonable to begin with but here are the sale selections;

2011 Cayuga White $8.99 ($1 off)
2007 Late Harvest Vignoles $16.99/375ml ($3 off)
2010 Pinot Gris $12.99 ($3 off)
2010 Valvin Muscat $12.99 ($2 off)
2010 Vignoles $8.99 ($1 off)

Regular price;
NV Alchemy $14.99 (CabFranc/Lemberger/Merlot/CabSauv)
2011 Cabernet Franc $15.99
NV Classic Red $9.99
2012 Chardonnay $13.99
NV Chardonnay Champagne $16.99
NV Cream Sherry $16.99/500ml
NV Dolce di Moscato $11.99
2012 Dry Riesling $14.99
NV Foxy Lady Blush $8.99
NV Foxy Lady Red $8.99
NV Foxy Lady White $8.99
NV Hunter's Red $8.99
2011 Late Harvest Moscato $27.99/375ml (only 50 cases produced)
2011 Meritage $17.99 (35%CabFranc/35%CabSauv/30%Merlot)
NV Pearl $12.99 (UnoakedChard/CayugaWhite/PinotGris)
NV Ruby Port $15.99/500ml
2012 Semi-Dry Riesling $12.99
2012 Seyval Blanc $9.99
NV Sweet Gus $8.99
2008 Valvin Muscat $16.99
2006 Vidal Blanc Ice Wine $150/1.5l (signed/numbered)
2007 Vidal Blanc Ice Wine $39.99/375ml
2012 Vignoles $11.99

Hunt Country website

Thanks for posting, I was just thinking this morning that I need to get my act together and order some vino from them. I'm fresh out of Riesling, it's an issue!

BTW, I still have the bottle of Cream Sherry from the Woot sale a while back. Have you tried that one? (I guess I should check CT.)

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

Thanks for picking up the slack chip!

CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
InFrom wrote:Thanks for posting, I was just thinking this morning that I need to get my act together and order some vino from them. I'm fresh out of Riesling, it's an issue!

BTW, I still have the bottle of Cream Sherry from the Woot sale a while back. Have you tried that one? (I guess I should check CT.)


I did drink one bottle of the Cream Sherry. I've had a lot more Port than I have Sherry so I don't have much to gauge it against but I enjoyed it.

It was a little nutty, with some raisin and caramel notes IIRC.

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
rjquillin wrote:Thanks for picking up the slack chip!


My pleasure, I was curious myself.