I see you got moo cow in the picture too

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus

Last Bottle purchases?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:Last Bottle purchases?

Looking at the picture a little more closely, would make me guess, winebid.com.

I love that website. The shipping tends to be killer, though.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Looking at the picture a little more closely, would make me guess, winebid.com.

I fail. Nice haul. I'm really getting back into PN after a couple years being turned off.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:I fail. Nice haul. I'm really getting back into PN after a couple years being turned off.

I love RRV PN. Can't wait until I'm accepted onto the Rochioli list.

I feel I'm in the minority, but I like the Iron Horse still wines (esp their PN) better than their bubblies.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
otolith wrote:I love RRV PN. Can't wait until I'm accepted onto the Rochioli list.

I feel I'm in the minority, but I like the Iron Horse still wines (esp their PN) better than their bubblies.

The bubblies are great, but the still wines are amazing. Especially the Block Q Pinot Noir from a few years ago. Too bad it was $80/bottle.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I'm familiar with Domaine Carneros Pinot; good stuff! Not familiar with the others but would be interested in getting familiar with them

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:I see you got moo cow in the picture too

Guess what he was doing?

bsevern

otolith wrote:Looking at the picture a little more closely, would make me guess, winebid.com.

I've picked up some nice Pinot's from Last Bottle, but these were winebid buys. Shipping is a bit high, but they do allow pick-up

bsevern

otolith wrote:I love RRV PN. Can't wait until I'm accepted onto the Rochioli list.

That Thomas Road PN we had at Iron Horse was amazing, especially considering how young it was, but it was cost prohibitive at $85/bottle and no discount. I'd love to see it come up on a flash site!

otolith

bsevern wrote:That Thomas Road PN we had at Iron Horse was amazing, especially considering how young it was, but it was cost prohibitive at $85/bottle and no discount. I'd love to see it come up on a flash site!

It was awesome! As were the lamb sliders.

I bought a bottle of it that somehow never made it home...Not quite sure where it ended up.

--John Muir

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

I had to give up on Winebid due to the fact that it required a trip to Napa to pick it up since they won't ship to Texas. I do miss it though.

Did you get a good deal on those Williams Selyems? That's good juice.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
redwinefan wrote:I had to give up on Winebid due to the fact that it required a trip to Napa to pick it up since they won't ship to Texas. I do miss it though.

Did you get a good deal on those Williams Selyems? That's good juice.

Monica, old of the Scott Harvey wine club, now has a shipping company. Might want to contact her for forward shipments.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Monica, old of the Scott Harvey wine club, now has a shipping company. Might want to contact her for forward shipments.

She still at SH? Or is the new venture separate? Winebid shipping and the 15% fee kills what often seem like good buys for me.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:She still at SH? Or is the new venture separate? Winebid shipping and the 15% fee kills what often seem like good buys for me.

Sadly no, she's been replaced by Isabel Singleton.
You can find Monica HERE doing a shipping service. I would imagine she would welcome hearing from any wooters.

CT