klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
ddeuddeg wrote:Not just that thread. I have that happen a lot, ever since the "Troubles."

EDIT: Actually, it just happened with this post. It got posted, but instead of showing it, I wound up looking at one 4 posts higher on the list.

That seems to happen only when there are relatively large embedded images. The page loads, takes you the the appropriate anchor, but the images haven't loaded yet. As they do, the page gets pushed down and you're looking a couple to a dozen posts above where you expect to be.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
North316 wrote:Ok all of you travelers out there. Just booked some flights on Southwest for my trip to Vegas/New Mexico later in the month. Southwest has an option to pay $15 per seat, per flight for early bird check-in. Is this really necessary as long as I am willing to sign-in when the check-in window opens 24 hours before the flight time?

When I flew Southwest recently I tried to do the early check in but it wouldn't let me for some reason. We still got a good spot in line and the flights weren't full so it was all good.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:You might want to pay for it for the return leg if nothing else since it's usually harder to be all over that 24 hr. sign-in when you're at your destination instead of home (at least for me).

This works well for us. And if we manage to book the seats separately, instead of buying them both at the same time, we get away with paying the early bird check-in fee for just one of us.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
chipgreen wrote:No, I'm not even sure what you mean exactly? Sounds like a possible cache issue.

Dude! First thing I checked.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

klezman wrote:That seems to happen only when there are relatively large embedded images. The page loads, takes you the the appropriate anchor, but the images haven't loaded yet. As they do, the page gets pushed down and you're looking a couple to a dozen posts above where you expect to be.

Okay, maybe. But it takes it to different images each time. Never see the last post at all.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

So tempted by the new Shirt.Woot!

MarkDaSpark

Nice! The truth about sulfites in wine.

Best line? "The reason that you didn't get a headache drinking it in Tuscany is that you were on vacation. In Tuscany."

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:So tempted by the new Shirt.Woot!

I like that one...but I think I will get the Nevermore one....

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
ddeuddeg wrote:Not just that thread. I have that happen a lot, ever since the "Troubles."

EDIT: Actually, it just happened with this post. It got posted, but instead of showing it, I wound up looking at one 4 posts higher on the list.

I get this all the time. First it loads and I'm at the proper spot, but a few seconds later, as all the images/photos load, they push the posts down.

This has been true for me way before the Troubles.

ETA - yeah, what Klez said.

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:Dude! First thing I checked.

LOL, sorry

chipgreen

quality posts: 188 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:This works well for us. And if we manage to book the seats separately, instead of buying them both at the same time, we get away with paying the early bird check-in fee for just one of us.

Isn't it great when you stumble onto stuff like that? I usually stumble in the other direction like when I thought I was paying $20 to check a bag but I was really paying $40 because they charged both ways.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

wow, that was even worse than I thought. I figured, hey it's bank owned so is going to need a lot of work, but that's fine. Ummmmmmmm, wow. Whoever built that house should be brought up on charges. What a pile of Yellow Brick Road.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bhodilee wrote:wow, that was even worse than I thought. I figured, hey it's bank owned so is going to need a lot of work, but that's fine. Ummmmmmmm, wow. Whoever built that house should be brought up on charges. What a pile of Yellow Brick Road.

so, I'm thinking you said no?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
bhodilee wrote:wow, that was even worse than I thought. I figured, hey it's bank owned so is going to need a lot of work, but that's fine. Ummmmmmmm, wow. Whoever built that house should be brought up on charges. What a pile of Yellow Brick Road.

Explain, please...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
otolith wrote:Explain, please...
bhodilee wrote:So we're gonna look at this monster of a house on Sunday. It's a bank owned and it looks like maybe the previous owners were in the middle of redoing a bathroom and the kitchen, cause it has like almost no kitchen. It's huge though, 3k square finished feet, plus another 1500 in the basement. The thought is, if we can get the house on the cheap and finish the one bathroom we'll just kind of live with the sparse kitchen for a year and redo it next year. it's been on the market for over a year, probably cause it has ONE cabinet in the kitchen ;)

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook