MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!!

And enjoy some of Stillman's PS!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 24th.

March Madness is in full swing! Why not mourn your busted brackets among your wine drinking brethren? Host a Get-Together in your area!

April
4/6: Colorado #?
4/6: Missouri: Jefferson City
4/19: Ohio Wine.Woot Table at the Wine Dinner
TBD: SoCal Special: Wine from Neil's Trunk Because you can always something special in the back of some dude's vehicle... (Postponed)

May
5/4: NorCal: Vincent Arroyo Open House
TBD: SoCal #25: Pasta Making at zTimBz's place (Lakewood), TBD (April/May) Could move to April

June
6/1: NorCal Bordeaux Tasting

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: Dallas #11

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Oh, and I will be incognito all day tomorrow. Well, hiding anyway.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

I would argue that woot has been a site for tools all along. No need for a separate site.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm

So we now have a "Tools & Garden! Woot. Somehow that doesn't just roll off the tongue. Or, are they playing a joke on us?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:So we now have a "Tools & Garden! Woot. Somehow that doesn't just roll off the tongue. Or, are they playing a joke on us?

Well, at least for one day it's real enough.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother

Uhh wtf just happened? Like half the pub just disappeared.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 502 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mother wrote:Uhh wtf just happened? Like half the pub just disappeared.

Keeping surprises a surprise.

mother

ThunderThighs wrote:Keeping surprises a surprise.

Ok, just making sure it's not The Troubles(tm).

PS Still thanks Imagine!

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
mother wrote:Ok, just making sure it's not The Troubles(tm).

PS Still thanks Imagine!

Welcome! I knew I posted that "secret" from tools but then when I went back to look it was gone. Too early on a Monday morning for me, thought I was losing it even more than usual!

----------

klezman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages klezman
Imagine4vr wrote:Welcome! I knew I posted that "secret" from tools but then when I went back to look it was gone. Too early on a Monday morning for me, thought I was losing it even more than usual!

Is this the sold out manure bag?

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mother

klezman wrote:Is this the sold out manure bag?

Yep. It's the first poopsack I've ever gotten...

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Is this the sold out manure bag?

You mean that-that-didn't-exist? Likely.
TT, why the sterilization scorched-earth here, we no longer among friends?

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

Thanks everyone who clicked... will let you know as soon as we know if she made it!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

rjquillin wrote:You mean that-that-didn't-exist? Likely.
TT, why the sterilization scorched-earth here, we no longer among friends?

I did it on all the sites. Wanted to people to explore and find it. Not just people in a specific group like wine or deals. It lasted over 40 minutes! Developer reported that over 91% went to those that have been Wooters for over a year.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ThunderThighs wrote:I did it on all the sites. Wanted to people to explore and find it. Not just people in a specific group like wine or deals. It lasted over 40 minutes! Developer reported that over 91% went to those that have been Wooters for over a year.

I'd just like to say that I totally stumbled on it. No Facebook notice, nothing. Just happened to be looking at the site and saw the garden thing and HONESTLY SAID "Hey, I wonder if I can get some garden dirt shipped home so I don't have to break my back."

I swear.

Imagine my surprise to discover that lovely bag Although I'm moderately disappointed that I'm not getting garden dirt shipped home.

Seriously.

Despite thinking it was April 1st for the past few days, I totally FORGOT that today was, indeed, truly April 1st.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks everyone who clicked... will let you know as soon as we know if she made it!!

PM

CT

MarkDaSpark

Imagine4vr wrote:Welcome! I knew I posted that "secret" from tools but then when I went back to look it was gone. Too early on a Monday morning for me, thought I was losing it even more than usual!

Thanks for trying. Too bad I was exhausted from the gathering, or I would have paid more attention and gotten a Bunch of 60s Cartoons Oh well.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

Pretty funny Google page today:

http://www.google.com/landing/nose/

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ThunderThighs

Staff

Did y'all see the wine decorating event on Home?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:Did y'all see the wine decorating event on Home?

Thanks for getting my hopes up. I shot over thinking, finally, this is the perfect opportunity for woot to offer the DeLong California Wine Map, or Delong Wine Varietal Table, but nope, just some overpriced generic wall-art.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:I'd just like to say that I totally stumbled on it. No Facebook notice, nothing. Just happened to be looking at the site and saw the garden thing and HONESTLY SAID "Hey, I wonder if I can get some garden dirt shipped home so I don't have to break my back."

I swear.

Imagine my surprise to discover that lovely bag Although I'm moderately disappointed that I'm not getting garden dirt shipped home.

Seriously.

Despite thinking it was April 1st for the past few days, I totally FORGOT that today was, indeed, truly April 1st.

duhh I feel like an Chumly... we had friends coming over.. so I didn't even check .... oh well ... lesson learned...

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:PM

got it and replied

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Thanks for getting my hopes up. I shot over thinking, finally, this is the perfect opportunity for woot to offer the DeLong California Wine Map, or Delong Wine Varietal Table, but nope, just some overpriced generic wall-art.

Ditto.

mommadeb1

Don't want to go back to work tomorrow.. We had a 4 day weekend and friends came down from Georgia..we got to spend the day with them... Back to reality....

ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Thanks for getting my hopes up. I shot over thinking, finally, this is the perfect opportunity for woot to offer the DeLong California Wine Map, or Delong Wine Varietal Table, but nope, just some overpriced generic wall-art.

I'll pass on your requests.

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Don't want to go back to work tomorrow.. We had a 4 day weekend and friends came down from Georgia..we got to spend the day with them... Back to reality....

So sorry. I hope you had a good four days off? We have this whole week off. Definitely needed after rehearsing last Tues & Wed for Holy Week and then, singing Thurs, Fri, Sat AND Sun. Plus, we had to get up early to attend the funeral Mass of the sister of one of the guys from church. The good news was that the funeral was in the church about four blocks away. Tomorrow evening, Shakespeare BoD Mtng. Wednesday, we are going up to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada for a few day get away.

We'll be seeing a show at the Shaw Festival called The Betters and then heading to a really cool Spa-Hotel that had a great deal on Living Social.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Just picked up our iPhone 5 today. Gotta be really careful--they are sooooo light! I may need to get an OtterBox just so I don't throw my phone across the room! We each traded in our iPhone 4 and were able to get our accessories for free! We decided to get a device that will allow us to amplify our googlemaps directions in the car. It also allows us to make or take a call and play music from our phone. We did have to add a little $$ to make up the balance for this new toy. But it should be nice for travel. I also got the mobile hot spot that may just come in handy at school--I'll be able to use my own computer & gain internet access with it. Currently, we cannot gain access to the network at school on our personal devices and have to use the ultra slow school computers.

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:So sorry. I hope you had a good four days off? We have this whole week off. Definitely needed after rehearsing last Tues & Wed for Holy Week and then, singing Thurs, Fri, Sat AND Sun. Plus, we had to get up early to attend the funeral Mass of the sister of one of the guys from church. The good news was that the funeral was in the church about four blocks away. Tomorrow evening, Shakespeare BoD Mtng. Wednesday, we are going up to Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada for a few day get away.

We'll be seeing a show at the Shaw Festival called The Betters and then heading to a really cool Spa-Hotel that had a great deal on Living Social.

I am tired just READING your schedule!!! Here I'm complaining that I am tired..... I have no right!!!

mommadeb1

She got SECOND place!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for helping out!!!!!

mommadeb1

Went and saw the play Hair last night... such a goood play... I cried even though I had seen it before...

Also saw Django over the weekend... One of Quinton's best I think!!

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:She got SECOND place!!!!!!! Thanks everyone for helping out!!!!!

Yeah! What does she get out of it?

MarkDaSpark

SUDDEN DEAL GREMLIN SITING! What does that mean? Get an item at a super super low price for a very limited amount of time. Today- get this Black & Decker screwdriver for $19.99, but hurry!

So now Tools has deals?

Edit: Nevermind. Sold out.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
MarkDaSpark wrote:SUDDEN DEAL GREMLIN SITING! What does that mean? Get an item at a super super low price for a very limited amount of time. Today- get this Black & Decker screwdriver for $19.99, but hurry!

So now Tools has deals?

Edit: Nevermind. Sold out.

It means that someone at woot doesn't know the diff between "site" and "sight"!

Where did you see this? On Twitter? (Edit: Oh, I see too many characters. So, where'd you see it?)

MarkDaSpark

InFrom wrote:It means that someone at woot doesn't know the diff between "site" and "sight"!

Where did you see this? On Twitter? (Edit: Oh, I see too many characters. So, where'd you see it?)

It was on Facebook.

MarkDaSpark

For Wine Wednesday ...

Just one glass a day!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Yeah! What does she get out of it?

She gets to go to the concert and bring 4 friends...

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:She gets to go to the concert and bring 4 friends...

That's still cool! Glad to help her get there!

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:That's still cool! Glad to help her get there!

thanks again for your help..... now we are trying to figure out what is going on... the friend who won had to call the radio station to confirm... now she hasn't heard back.... hmmmm

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:thanks again for your help..... now we are trying to figure out what is going on... the friend who won had to call the radio station to confirm... now she hasn't heard back.... hmmmm

They may have to wait til tomorrow when the Program Director gets back.