$69.99 $̶1̶1̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 36% off List Price
2007 Brut Rosé

Winery website

Previous offer:
7/31/12 (2006)

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

This would a great special occasion wine. Gotta think about it.........

CT

szecsei

quality posts: 8 Private Messages szecsei

how would this compare to mumm? not their CA stuff...the "real" stuff (champagne, not "sparkling")?

smartheart

quality posts: 94 Private Messages smartheart

Iron Horse is among the small number of American "sparkling" houses that almost never, never disappoints....and many would say the very best of them.

"Three be the things I shall never attain: Envy, content, and sufficient champagne."
--D. Parker

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes

Since today is Easter Sunday, I guess my "Lent-imposed wine buying moratorim" is officially over.

This looks like a lovely (and delicious) way to welcome myself back.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Just back from the SoCal gathering and definitely considering this. Will reevaluate in the morning. Iron Horse is nearly an autobuy.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

joyironhorse

quality posts: 50 Private Messages joyironhorse
cortot20 wrote:This would a great special occasion wine. Gotta think about it.........

Happy Easter! I think this bubbly would be perfect with Eggs Benedict next Sunday morning!That's a special occasion in itself.

joyironhorse

szecsei wrote:how would this compare to mumm? not their CA stuff...the "real" stuff (champagne, not "sparkling")?

It sends off memory bells that say Champagne, except that the fruit is unmistakedly California, Sonoma County, Green Valley and most specifically Iron Horse! And, it is remarkably dry.

joyironhorse

smartheart wrote:Iron Horse is among the small number of American "sparkling" houses that almost never, never disappoints....and many would say the very best of them.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thank you.

joyironhorse

klezman wrote:Just back from the SoCal gathering and definitely considering this. Will reevaluate in the morning. Iron Horse is nearly an autobuy.

Good Morning! Just want to send you a special hello and say thank you.

joyironhorse

karenhynes wrote:Since today is Easter Sunday, I guess my "Lent-imposed wine buying moratorim" is officially over.

This looks like a lovely (and delicious) way to welcome myself back.

Happy Easter!

sphervey

quality posts: 37 Private Messages sphervey

The Iron Horse Sparkling Brut Rose 2006 was one of my favorite Woot Wine purchases last year. I expect that the 2007 will be every bit as delicious. Have to go in for two!

rpm

quality posts: 167 Private Messages rpm

A very Happy Easter to all!

This is one of a handful of rpm TOTAL AUTOBUYs. Joy and her brother make some of the very best sparkling wine in California - consistently one of the top 3 (but I repeat myself from every single offering....).

Anyone who wonders how this compares to other sparkling houses: none of the French houses in California other than Roederer in the Anderson Valley even come close. And Schramsberg is the only American-owned competition to take seriously (but they don't leave things on the yeasts as long as they used to ).

Failure to purchase the maximum you can afford will lead to severe disappointment and the loss of wonderful times with friends and the bubbly!

I could not conceive of an rpm Tour that did not include ending the day with Joy, Barrie, Audrey and Barry, and Laurence and their trusty and friendly staff on Ross Station Road, enjoying their friendship with great wine and perfectly chosen food accompaniment.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20

After much deliberation. It's out of my price range.

And yes I have had it at the winery and know what I am missing. Everyone else.....enjoy.

CT

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew

Auto buy in my household - wife loves the bubbles.

Hopefully I'll get to try some this time around - the last 2 pack I bought went mysteriously missing during delivery.

(Edit: no prob with FedEx - disappeared at my work.)

At least, that's why I'm justifying buying 2 - just to make sure

joyironhorse

rpm wrote:A very Happy Easter to all!

This is one of a handful of rpm TOTAL AUTOBUYs. Joy and her brother make some of the very best sparkling wine in California - consistently one of the top 3 (but I repeat myself from every single offering....).

Anyone who wonders how this compares to other sparkling houses: none of the French houses in California other than Roederer in the Anderson Valley even come close. And Schramsberg is the only American-owned competition to take seriously (but they don't leave things on the yeasts as long as they used to ).

Failure to purchase the maximum you can afford will lead to severe disappointment and the loss of wonderful times with friends and the bubbly!

I could not conceive of an rpm Tour that did not include ending the day with Joy, Barrie, Audrey and Barry, and Laurence and their trusty and friendly staff on Ross Station Road, enjoying their friendship with great wine and perfectly chosen food accompaniment.

We absolutely love it when the RPM Tour comes to visit. But you don't have to wait. You are always welcome. By the way, this 2007 Brut Rose is aged almost five years...resulting in beautiful, tiny, elegant bubbles. As you know, longer aging leads to smaller bubbles.

joyironhorse

dalematthew wrote:Auto buy in my household - wife loves the bubbles.

Hopefully I'll get to try some this time around - the last 2 pack I bought went mysteriously missing during delivery.

(Edit: no prob with FedEx - disappeared at my work.)

At least, that's why I'm justifying buying 2 - just to make sure

Wise decision!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Happy Easter everyone!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

edlada

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edlada

When I come to the US to see my daughter, it will have been 3 years since the last time I saw her. What better way to celebrate than some Iron Horse bubbly! I am not a fan of Champagne usually (and I have tried a lot of them) but when I visited ddeuddeg and his lovely wife three years ago they opened a bottle of Iron Horse with appetizers and I really enjoyed it. Plus RPM said I would regret it if I didn't order this, so there you have it. One bottle to pop when I arrive and the other my daughter can share with her man for some special occasion.

Last Wooter to Woot:
edlada
Last Purchase:
3 minutes ago

My dogs like me, that is important.

rpm

edlada wrote:When I come to the US to see my daughter, it will have been 3 years since the last time I saw her. What better way to celebrate than some Iron Horse bubbly! I am not a fan of Champagne usually (and I have tried a lot of them) but when I visited ddeuddeg and his lovely wife three years ago they opened a bottle of Iron Horse with appetizers and I really enjoyed it. Plus RPM said I would regret it if I didn't order this, so there you have it. One bottle to pop when I arrive and the other my daughter can share with her man for some special occasion.

Last Wooter to Woot:
edlada
Last Purchase:
3 minutes ago

I admit to Californian tastes, but I drink Iron Horse sparklers in preference to everything but Krug (which sets the standard IMHO), Bollinger R.D. (which Joy so beautifully emulates), Dom Ruinart (for vintages 1976 and before), the best vintages of Schramsberg (when they gave it 6 years on the yeasts) and the Anderson Valley Roederer Reserve in a good year.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

This is regularly an autobuy for me. Unfortunately, I just bought a mixed case of Iron Horse two weeks ago, so I'm going to have to pass.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa
rpm wrote:A very Happy Easter to all!

not that i didn't already know this is an autobuy.... for any newbies out there... Senor RPM does not make this type of recommendations but for some awesome juice.... auto buy for sure.

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg
cortot20 wrote:This would a great special occasion wine. Gotta think about it.........

Special occasion, house pour; potayto, potahto. Seriously, read my signature and see how we feel about bubbly at our house.

edlada wrote:When I come to the US to see my daughter, it will have been 3 years since the last time I saw her. What better way to celebrate than some Iron Horse bubbly! I am not a fan of Champagne usually (and I have tried a lot of them) but when I visited ddeuddeg and his lovely wife three years ago they opened a bottle of Iron Horse with appetizers and I really enjoyed it.

We pour an Iron Horse bubbly with appetizers fairly often at our home. Glad you enjoyed it. Last month, at the Shakespeare 7 course benefit dinner we've been hosting annually for five years, we poured the '06 Brut Rosé, and it was a huge hit. One of the guests actually followed me into the kitchen to ask what they were drinking.
There's somewhere between 4 and 5 cases of Iron Horse bubbly in the cellar right now, partly due to our visit to the tasting room last month, where I learned that the Super Bowl package was still available, and I couldn't resist. Still, I'll have to find room for this.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
edlada wrote:When I come to the US to see my daughter, it will have been 3 years since the last time I saw her. What better way to celebrate than some Iron Horse bubbly! I am not a fan of Champagne usually (and I have tried a lot of them) but when I visited ddeuddeg and his lovely wife three years ago they opened a bottle of Iron Horse with appetizers and I really enjoyed it. Plus RPM said I would regret it if I didn't order this, so there you have it. One bottle to pop when I arrive and the other my daughter can share with her man for some special occasion.

Last Wooter to Woot:
edlada
Last Purchase:
3 minutes ago

I have been giving this some thought for a couple hours and your comments just may push me to buy. I too, do not enjoy bubbly but my wife does. With you saing you don't but you like this, I may give it a try.

Now that I am commenting I do have a question. Growing up I had an aunt that used to keep "Sparkling Burgundy" 9in her frig all the time. She would often let her son and myself "enjoy" a glass which at that time we did. Today, no matter where you go you can not find a product going by "Sparkling Burgundy". Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

joyironhorse

Last Wooter to Woot:
edlada
Last Purchase:
3 minutes ago

You have a very lucky daughter!

joyironhorse

ddeuddeg wrote:We pour an Iron Horse bubbly with appetizers fairly often at our home. Glad you enjoyed it. Last month, at the Shakespeare 7 course benefit dinner we've been hosting annually for five years, we poured the '06 Brut Rosé, and it was a huge hit. One of the guests actually followed me into the kitchen to ask what they were drinking.
There's somewhere between 4 and 5 cases of Iron Horse bubbly in the cellar right now, partly due to our visit to the tasting room last month, where I learned that the Super Bowl package was still available, and I couldn't resist. Still, I'll have to find room for this.

Bubbly is always the welcome drink at our house. Our mantra is "Bubbles First! The best start to everything."

rpm

charliecarroll wrote:I have been giving this some thought for a couple hours and your comments just may push me to buy. I too, do not enjoy bubbly but my wife does. With you saing you don't but you like this, I may give it a try.

Now that I am commenting I do have a question. Growing up I had an aunt that used to keep "Sparkling Burgundy" 9in her frig all the time. She would often let her son and myself "enjoy" a glass which at that time we did. Today, no matter where you go you can not find a product going by "Sparkling Burgundy". Can someone enlighten me? Thank you.

Sparkling Burgundy was a generic (almost always) California "burgundy" made from a variety of nondescript grapes (usually carignane, alicante bouschet, zinfandel, perhaps one of the Cab crosses like Ruby Cabernet or Centurion or Carnelian among the reds and often with some Chenin Blanc or Colombard or even Thompson Seedless white juice for volume) and made sparkling by the bulk (Charmat) process. I don't think I ever saw a "sparkling burgundy" that had even seen a Pinot Noir grape or even the California Gamay Beaujolais (which is a weak Pinot Noir clone...). Nothing particularly interestly in the way of wine flaovrs, it was almost always finished pretty sweet, maybe 3% residual sugar and often had a cloying taste like similarly inexpensive California bulk process "champagne".

You don't see it around anymore (similarly "Cold Duck" which was pretty much the same thing....) because people got tired of it - it didn't really go with any food, it tended to give even worse headache hangovers than cheap white sparklers, and you could get a better buzz for the buck with vodka mixed with all sorts of things.

Hope that helps.

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
rpm wrote:Sparkling Burgundy was a generic (almost always) California "burgundy" made from a variety of nondescript grapes (usually carignane, alicante bouschet, zinfandel, perhaps one of the Cab crosses like Ruby Cabernet or Centurion or Carnelian among the reds and often with some Chenin Blanc or Colombard or even Thompson Seedless white juice for volume) and made sparkling by the bulk (Charmat) process. I don't think I ever saw a "sparkling burgundy" that had even seen a Pinot Noir grape or even the California Gamay Beaujolais (which is a weak Pinot Noir clone...). Nothing particularly interestly in the way of wine flaovrs, it was almost always finished pretty sweet, maybe 3% residual sugar and often had a cloying taste like similarly inexpensive California bulk process "champagne".

You don't see it around anymore (similarly "Cold Duck" which was pretty much the same thing....) because people got tired of it - it didn't really go with any food, it tended to give even worse headache hangovers than cheap white sparklers, and you could get a better buzz for the buck with vodka mixed with all sorts of things.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! And you gave me a laugh as I had forgotten all about "Cold Duck". Never had it but I remember a lot of the people I knew in school drank that crap. Looking back, Boone's Farm probably displaced the duck. lol I can't believe that stuff is still around either. I guess if I went in the ally behind the stores instead of in the stores I would see it along with MD being turned up. As far a vodka buzz back then, when not using grain alcohol it was the base for PJ. All of the above not really fit for human consumption but it sure was consumed! lol

xibbumbero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages xibbumbero

How does the 2007 yr translate to Rose Brut?
In for one,as I love everything Iron Horse. X

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
joyironhorse wrote:Good Morning! Just want to send you a special hello and say thank you.

Glad to see you here Joy!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
xibbumbero wrote:How does the 2007 yr translate to Rose Brut?

What do you mean?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

edlada

joyironhorse wrote:You have a very lucky daughter!

No, I am the lucky one to have a daughter like her. She deserves the best!

joyironhorse

xibbumbero wrote:How does the 2007 yr translate to Rose Brut?
In for one,as I love everything Iron Horse. X

2007 was a lovely vintage. I think you are really going to enjoy this Rose.

joyironhorse

edlada wrote:No, I am the lucky one to have a daughter like her. She deserves the best!

Sweet!

rpm

edlada wrote:No, I am the lucky one to have a daughter like her. She deserves the best!

pm for you

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

edlada

rpm wrote:pm for you

Answered.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

joyironhorse wrote:Happy Easter!

happy easter everyone. thanks for this offer Joy.

Iron Horse is a great partner.

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin

Don't often see this nearing the end of a woot.

First Sucker: mill
Last Wooter to Woot: mill
Last Purchase: 40 minutes ago

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Don't often see this nearing the end of a woot.

First Sucker: mill
Last Wooter to Woot: mill
Last Purchase: 40 minutes ago

So does this look better?

Iron Horse Vineyards Brut Rosé (2)
Speed to first woot: 0m 25.441s
First sucker: mill
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark
Last purchase: a few seconds ago

Held out as long as I could. Iron Horse is always terrific, although I need to find room. The joint wine locker is filling up fast!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.