kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
greyday wrote:And suppose your family doesn't like apples. Suppose they like cigarettes. Is that a crime?

No... Not sure what point you're making. If you like cigarettes, don't buy apples. But that doesn't change the fact that this is the best price on apples.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
ddeuddeg wrote:You can't be serious. Cheapest ≠ deal.
And it's probably a good thing you left the rest alone, because it was pretty close to the mark. And I say that as one of the "in" crowd, who would recognize WD at sight, and vice versa.

What's that error sound again? Because you were totally off in saying the rest of the HEY YOGI! in that post was close to the mark.

#1) Look back at the Labrat thread. Yes, all 29 pages. There were plenty of randomly selected people there.

#2) Yes, there were some offers where Wine.Woot chose certain people. Mainly, it was for lesser known varietals (at the time, like PS) or where there was an acknowledged Wooter expert (RPM, cjsiege, and PetiteSirah spring to mind) for that wine. But there wasn't that many done like that.

#3) Some people showed up more, because they bought more. Hello!

#4) And to whine about the same people now, when the person hasn't bothered to go (or offered to host!) a gathering is hypocritical on their part.

Instead of whining about it, do something! Go to a gathering or HOST ONE!

And finally, as someone pointed out, the QPR that we used to get is no more, mainly due to the economy and other factors. Wine.Woot no longer gets the $5 shipping they used to (it all goes to the main Woot), but Wine.Woot makes sure that what we are getting is the best price (at that time) for the wine.

Actually, the final point should be the following: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Or to paraphrase, "Don't whine about price or QPR or anything, but just give us the facts."

End

Edit: Even though I'm in Ty's wine club, I still buy here, since the price is still better than my WC price. My name is MarkDaSpark and I approve this message.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

damn tough day huh?

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue
MarkDaSpark wrote:Actually, the final point should be the following: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

alright, i'm a bit young here in the wine.woot list of purchasers and knowledge-base but I probably read every discussion for every deal every day and have for some time. either way, if you really practice the whole 'not saying something nice' in your day to day life, you must have a pretty skewed viewpoint of the world..

MarkDaSpark wrote: Or to paraphrase, "Don't whine about price or QPR or anything, but just give us the facts."

the whole problem with that statement is that both the price and QPR is a *huge* part of the "facts" to consider.. while i agree with fred that it's been a tough day and i'd like to see if we can move on as well, but i still like the fact that people are voicing their opinion. if enough people speak up than just possibly amazon/wine.woot/woot may take a hint.. i definitely don't see the huge discounts we once saw either and have voiced my opinion with less purchases since the turn of the new year.. i've bought Ty before, but won't be doing so today.. and for the future, i always like hearing what people have to say regarding the qpr.. it's sometimes the thing that pushes me over the fence to try varietals that i normally wouldn't like..

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
fredrinaldi wrote:damn tough day huh?

Yep. Especially from those that forget that we are "better than everyone else"!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Too bad we didn't get more input from those that may have actually tried these wines. I enjoyed reading all of the verbage about price, QPR, etc., etc., but maybe it should have been moved to a separate thread, since the issues addressed don't apply to just wines by TC. Consequently, maybe Ty and WD could have sold more wine here today. In the end, in spite of all of the calculations, don't we decide if the price fits into our budget and if we are willing to pay the offered price?

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Been over to Poli"ticks" III?

CT

DingleBarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Actually, the final point should be the following: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Or to paraphrase, "Don't whine about price or QPR or anything, but just give us the facts."

Just like deecue, I read every discussion for every deal every day. I truely value your seemingly immeasurable knowledge of wine (same goes for Cesare and kylemittskus).

But please understand, I find the debates, disagreements, or challenges to the "inner circle masters" and/or Woot quite entertaining. Conflict can be fascinating, especially to the non-vested bystander. For you to say "just the facts", or, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all", would take away a major reason I'm here lurking every single day (and occasionally purchasing).

And by the way, it's not up to you to decide what people can or can't whine about, QPR or otherwise.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

I’m not going to get too deep into the discussion here. I trust the wine.woot community and believe in it to the core. We read, digest and consider everything that is said.

I will say that every wine placed on here is the best price in the universe for that day – period. With very little exception since May 2006. And it’s very good wine for the price, delivered.

Should you trust us? Yes and no. We hope to think our track record is factored in, but we fully expect you to VET the heck out of every deal. It’s a good thing.

Have conditions fluctuated? YES, no question. But we don’t go talking about it. you deal with the job at hand.

Oh, and Ty Caton? His wines are and will go down as one of the best “finds” ever for wine.woot.

For those interested in tasting winery samples? Have you looked at Neilfindswine signature ??

neilfindswine

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Winedavid39 wrote:I’m not going to get too deep into the discussion here. I trust the wine.woot community and believe in to the core. We read, digest and consider everything that is said.

I will say that every wine placed on here is the best price in the universe for that day – period. With very little exception since May 2006. And it’s very good wine for the price, delivered.

Should you trust us? Yes and no. We hope to think our track record is factored in, but we fully expect you to VET the heck out of every deal. It’s a good thing.

Have conditions fluctuated? YES, no question. But we don’t go talking about it. you deal with the job at hand.

Oh, and Ty Caton? His wines are and will go down as one of the best “finds” ever for wine.woot.

For those interested in tasting winery samples? Have you looked at Neilfindswine signature ??

+1

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Good to see you two this evening.
It has been another 'interesting' day.

Thanks for all your efforts.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Good to see you two this evening.
It has been another 'interesting' day.

Thanks for all your efforts.

+1

And what got me coming back to wine.woot in the first place, 4.5 years ago, was that I bought one set to try and liked it. I realized that WD's taste in wine was trustworthy and I could be sure it was a deal and great QPR. None of that has changed. So thanks again, WD and Neil!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
Winedavid39 wrote:

Yes to this.

Much of what I have learned about wine has come from here, either directly or by effectively pointing me in specific directions.

I also have a relatively high degree of confidence in the quality of what is offered. I have learned to be able to discriminate as to which offering are most to my taste. There certainly have been offerings that have not been to my taste, but with only rare exceptions have I ever had something that I thought was bad. I certainly feel more confident taking a "flyer" on something here than almost anyplace else.

avontron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avontron
TyCaton wrote:Wine does amazing things! Can I put this on my testimonials page? FDA approval?

Absolutely! Ty's Battlefield Syrah, now with 50% more cold curing power!

dll2k4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dll2k4

And yet again I received my shipping notification email after delivery had already been attempted.