MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Cross-Posted from Original Thread under the World tab:

HitAnyKey42 wrote:It was suggested that I make a thread all on it's own to list the post I had made listing all the NYC Wine Woot Tastings. So figured I'd make a thread that allowed some other dedicated personnel from the other cities to create a post (which they would continually update), which would list all previous tastings in their location with the links to those threads.
I ask that people do not add multiple posts to this thread until after people have had a chance to add a post for listing their city's tastings which they can update later. That way as many cities can have their post near the front of this thread as possible.

So everyone needs to use Edit on your city's post, and migrate it here.

Edit: Using Ctrl-A to select, then Ctrl-C to copy, and Ctrl-V to paste worked fine below.

Edit2: Click on HaK's name to link back to the original thread.

Sample Template:

Host: Host Wooters

Theme: Bordeaux / Wines of ...

Date: Month Day, 201Y (Saturday)

Time: TBD

Attendees:
- Wooter 1
- Wooter +1
- Wooter 2
- Wooter 3
- Wooter 4
- Wooter 5

Maybes:
- Maybe 1
- Maybe 2

Regrets:
- anyone who misses this

Additional info on gathering (Food, snacks, someone to bring water, etc.).

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

SoCal Gatherings Listing

SoCal #1 - Temecula Run (Feb. 9, 2008) A bunch of drunken ... err, enthusiastic wooters meet up to tour wineries in Temecula. Afterwards, dinner at Pechanga (Crab!!!) then back to the Nallie Suite for more wine (TyTanium (ClayFu) opened earlier to breathe). Schedule of Events

SoCal #2 - Carlsbad (June 28, 2008) MadWine & MadWino open their home (mistake!) in Carlsbad to Wine.Wooters. Theme was "Thunder from Down Under" or basically Southern Hemisphere wines. Info here on who attended and brought what wines.

SoCal #3 - PSith Master Loweeel visits (Aug. 15, 2008) Another MadWine/MadWino production. Theme was Rhone Varietals (New/Old), and I finally remembered to update the first post with the info on who and what.

SoCal #4 - The Satellite Edition VEGAS, BABY! EVERYONE'S INVITED! (Nov 15, 2008) This was the first Vegas gathering, which we called the SoCal satellite edition because there was only one Vegas Wooter. We had many wooters from across the country in attendance. "Lesser Known Varietals" was the theme.

SoCal #5: Samhain/Dia de los Muertos! (Nov 1, 2008) Yes, this does mean that SoCal #5 is BEFORE SoCal #4, but when has disrupting the space/time continuum mattered to true Wine Wooters??? TimByrd is breaking out the PoiZin and cooking up a storm at his place.

SoCal #6 - Blind Wine Tasting aka Java & Sparky take your money. (Jan 17, 2009) Tour / Dinner at the San Antonio Winery in LA first. Then convoy to Java's in Fullerton.

SoCal #7 - Weekend at MadWineaux - Madison Cellars Vineyard, Paso Robles Area. (Feb 13 to 15, 2009) Trashing their home in Carlsbad wasn't enough, we had to destroy their vineyard as well.

SoCal #8 - Italian Varietals (Mar 28, 2009) zTimothyBz opens his house. Original idea was to build Corrado's Wine Cube Racks, but then it was decided it was better to not drink wine while trying to build them.

SoCal #9: An Evening with John Alan (May 23, 2009) Nostrom0 lives near winemaker John Alan, and is working to have him do a personal pouring at La Casita Nostrom0.

SoCal #10.25 - Spot the Loonies (July 2, 2009) The LoonBoarders visit SoCal. And we drink wine. San Antonio Menu where we met and ate and drank wine.

SoCal #11 - JoanneVicious visits SoCal ( Aug 22, 2009) Hosted by the MadWines. THEME: Northern Exposure: Oregon and Washington

SoCal #12 - Otolith Visits San Diego (Oct 3, 2009)

SoCal #13 - CyperPub Cellars Wine Making in VEGAS, BABY! (Oct 16-19, 2009) This was the second Vegas gathering. We decided to make wine.

SoCal#14 - Cesare and KT's Aloha Pitstop #1 (Nov. 20, 2009)

SoCal #15 - HAK's in Town (July 18, 2010) (It says 14, but it's really 15, because we forgot Cesare & kttest's visit)

SoCal #16 - Raiding Sparky's Lockers (April 16, 2011)

SoCal Gathering #17 (Lakewood) - (June 4, 2011) Time to Raid zTimBz's Wines!

SoCal Gathering #18 (Irvine) - (Nov. 12, 2011) Raiding both Sparky & zTimBz's wine lockers!!

SoCal Gathering #19 (Irvine) - (June 9, 2012) Raiding Sparky & zTimBz's wine lockers, Part 2!!

SoCal #20 (Lakewood): D-Dog & bahwm came a-calling (July 21, 2012) (pre RPM Tour)

So Cal #21 (Irvine): pining-for-RPM wine tasting 9/1/2012

SoCal #22 (Irvine): Oct 27, 2012: Housewarming the new Mega-Locker

SoCal #23 (Culver City): Klezman's new Pad December 8, 2012

SoCal #24 (tytyger58's house) Aged Zins! -- March 30, 2013

SoCal #25: Pasta Making at zTimBz's place (Lakewood), TBD (April/May) --

So Cal #26: Wine and Burgers at Kyle's (Rancho Cucamonga) June 15th -- June 15, 2013

SoCal #26.5: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker: July 12 -- July 12, 2013

SoCal #27 - Lakewood CA - 10 Aug - Too much to celebrate! -- August 10, 2013

SoCal #28: Sparky & zTimBz OC Wine Locker Redux -- Sept 28th -- Sept. 28, 2013

SoCal #29: Nov. 2nd - West LA -- Party at Time2testit and redhead11's -- November 2, 2013

SoCal #31 MLK Weekend which actually should be #30 and wasn't on MLK weekend. -- Feb. 1, 2014

SO Cal Gathering: Wines from my trunk POSTPONED #25.5? #24.5? (5 Wineaux so far). April/May ??, 2013

SoCal #xx: TBD -- Santa Barbara Winery Weekend -- TBD

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

NYC (& LI) Wine.Woot Gatherings Full List:

NYC area wine tasting hosted by thatguy314 on 1/11/08 (no theme) - We had about 9 or so of us. I linked this one to the middle of the thread where one of the most updated attendees lists was posted, but that also then changed. A few posts later, Lee listed the wines we tasted.

NYC Tasting Part 2 (aka we were doing this before it was "cool") hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 3/15/08 (no theme)

NYC Tasting Part 3: All Hail Cesare hosted by Cesare/kttest on 6/7/08 (no theme – BBQ)

NYC Tasting #4: Trekking 4 Wine (9/20) hosted by HitAnyKey (condo-warming BBQ)

NYC Tasting #5: Wines of Spain (10/18) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 10/18/08 (Spanish Wines)

NYC Tasting #6: Viva Italia (11/15) hosted by Cesare/kttest on 11/15/08 (Italian Wines)

NYC Tasting #7: Diabetic's Dilemma-The Holiday Tasting (12/13) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 12/13/08 (Dessert/Port Wines & desserts)

NYC Tasting #8: Ring in the New Year With The Old (1/24) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 1/24/09 (Wines at least 10 years old)

NYC Tasting #9: Pairing Party in the Catskills (2/28) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 2/28/09 (Multiple Course Dinner & Wine Pairing Party)

NYC Tasting #10: Southern Rhone at A Café (3/20) hosted by Everyone on 3/20/09 (Southern Rhone Wines)

NYC Tasting #11: Mondavi Madness (5/9) hosted by Krugsters/Shamer on 5/9/09 (Mondavi Reserve Cab Vertical)

NYC #12: Sip & Sail- *NYC*NoVA/DC*CWWT*CT*, etc Summer Wine Tasting Cruise-- July 18th hosted by Krugsters on the Shearwater Yacht on 7/18/09 (Summer Wines theme)

NYC #13: Left vs. Right Bank Bordeaux - Saturday, November 7th hosted by Cesare/kttest on 11/7/09

NYC #14: 2nd Annual Sip & Sail- Summer Wine Cruise & Wine Wooters Weekend--August 20-22, 2010 hosted by Krugsters on the Shearwater Yacht (Sushi/Saki Friday, Whites on ship then Reds at restaurant Saturday, Spanish tasting Sunday)

NYC/LI #15: Raiding HAKs Cellar (1/29/11) hosted by HitAnyKey on 1/29/11 (opened HAKs wines, guests brought food)

NYC Tasting #16: Loire (April 16, 2011) hosted by Cesare/Krista on 4/16/11

NYC Tasting #17: Summertime in Harlem (July 16, 2011) hosted by Kailadriel on 7/16/11

NYC Tasting #18: NY vs the World! (11/19) hosted by ratnikov on 11/19/11

NYC Tasting #19: Black Tie Optional (4/21/12) hosted by mikegberg on 4/21/12

NYC Tasting #20: BBQ/Summer Wines 6/23/2012 hosted by Cesare/Krista on 6/13/12

NYC#21: Late to the Party, Late to Harvest hosted by Itwdswafo on 3/16/13

NYC Tasting #22: A Tribute to Sandy hosted by someone in mid-2013

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Chicagoland WW Gatherings

Chicago WW Tasting #1 - (2/24/08) - I want in on the wine.woot community tasting action!

Chicago WW Tasting #2 - (4/12/08) - The 2nd Chicago wine.woot Tasting

Chicago WW Tasting #3 - (6/8/08) - The Third Time's The Charm (And That's Saying Something!)

Chicago WW Tasting #4 - (8/16/08) - Pricey Wines on Sat.

Chicago WW Tasting #5 - (9/13/08) Something Caton This Way Comes

Chicago WW Tasting #6 - (9/22/08) - Sept 21 or 22?

Chicago WW Tasting #7 - (11/16/08) - Drowning Our Sorrows in Wine

Chicago WW Tasting #8 - (12/28/08) - Wishing you a Sparkly New Year!

Chicago WW Tasting #9 - (1/24/09) - You Gotta Be At Least 20 To Attend This Party!!!

Chicago WW Tasting #10 - (2/8/09) - Drink My Wine and Take Home the Furniture

Chicago WW Tasting #11 - (2/20/09) - Thu Feb 19 or Fri Feb 20: Imagine's 'Send Off' dinner

Chicago WW Tasting #12 - (4/29/09) meet the incomparable pbear at Salpicón!!!

Chicago WW Tasting #13 - (11/07/09) - DIY Sushi and Champagne

Chicago WW Tasting #14 - (10/16/09) - (Non) Port-on-Port: SB's Vertical Goes Head-to-Head w/ KR's Horizontal

Chicago WW Tasting #15 - nothing to see here, move along...

Chicago WW Tasting #15 pt.2 - (3/13/09) Upscale Mexican Up North

Chicago WW Tasting Attempt at #16 - (08/08/10) - cancelled

Chicago WW Tasting - Another attempt at #16 - (09/22/12) - cancelled

At Last: Chicago WW Tasting #16 - (10/12/12)

Misc. Chicagoland WW Gatherings

Labor Day Weekend in Chicago - Hurricane Cheron's...er... NOT... coming to town... sorry..

Chicago with Cheron

Chicago Wine Woot Tasting and Baseball

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

Detroit (DTW) Gatherings

DTW #1: 5/17/2008 - Detroit Area Wine Tasting
The journey begins - Trying to rustle up some folks in the area and get everyone together to share wine, food, and fun!

DTW #1.5: 7/19/2008 - Palate Training
A day of familiarizing ourselves with the component flavors of wines. We'll gather together a collection of the stuff typically found in wines, and just taste til we're sick. Spit buckets will be provided so that whatever offends you can be easily removed.

DTW #2: 8/16/2008 - Varietal Battle
Two varietals will be chosen with a couple of different wineries representing each varietal. Winner take all!

DTW #3: 10/18/2008 - Weird/Exotic Foods
Weird foods! On the menu, some of the strange and exotic foods that we Americans don't typically eat on a daily basis. Alligator, snake, rabbit, ostrich, bison, kangaroo... And the wines to go with them!

DTW #4: 2/7/2009 - Sushi Battle and Bubbly
The locals have challenged each other to a sushi battle. Bubbly is the natural choice to go with this, along with sake.

DTW #5: 3/21/2009 - Spring Thaw - Break out the grill!
First day of Spring - time to open up the grill! Variety of grilled foods and grill-friendly wines.

DTW #6: 5/16/2009 - Detroit Dark & Delicious
In honor of Petite Sirah! All things PS will be showcased, with a special appearance by the now-extinct Corison (Acapella) Petite Sirah.

DTW #6.5: 8/6/2009 - Scott Harvey in Detroit
Scott Harvey comes to the Southeastern Michigan area for a wine competition. He will be showcasing his wines at a local wine shop, and then coming over afterward to hang out with wooters and share the goods!

DTW #7: 5/29/2010 - Woot Cellars Celebration
A tasting of every Woot Cellars ever created (to date), including the one that started it all - Rinfrescante!

DTW #8: 8/3/2010 - Scott Harvey is Back!
Scott Harvey returns to the Southeastern Michigan area for a wine competition, and is looking forward to hanging out with us again for a backyard BBQ with wooters and other winemakers.

DTW #9: 12/27/2010 - ThirtySomething!
Cheron turns 30! Come on over and bring something Thirty! Bring a wine that has something to do with Thirty - either in the winery name, 1980 vintage, $30, or maybe it contains exactly 30% of something.

DTW #10: 5/21/2011 - Sweet Endings
We bid a fond farewell to two of the locals, as well as the standard gathering spot! All good things must come to an end. Dessert wines abound, BBQ all day.

DTW #11: 9/3/2011 - COME DRINK MY WINE!
An unsold condo with overflowing cellar means wines for sale and drinking! Burgers and tornadoes and wine, oh my.

DTW #12: 10/20/2012 - The Last Hurrah
The Last Hurrah - bring a wine you would drink to celebrate a turn of chapter in your life. Something special.

Thus endeth the cheron-hosted Detroit gatherings

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
funbunny wrote:Chicagoland WW Gatherings

Chicago Wine Woot Tasting and Baseball[/url]

Awesome job, Funbunny! Thanks for compiling the list. I did not realize it was so extensive. Looks like we need more Chicago events (hint, hint, Chicago). We will probably have another WW get together in September.

burrnini

quality posts: 10 Private Messages burrnini

chicago's listings are off by one:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3514479

funbunny

jmdavidson wrote:Awesome job, Funbunny! Thanks for compiling the list. I did not realize it was so extensive. Looks like we need more Chicago events (hint, hint, Chicago). We will probably have another WW get together in September.

I have to get moving on a BYOB night Downtown somewhere. If anybody is interested and has suggestions, start making noise. WB has a BYOB thread for Chicago so I've been perusing that and taking notes. I also want to throw out some dates soon for Millennium Park and Ravinia concert woot gatherings. Again, any suggestions Chicago people, give a holler.

funbunny

burrnini wrote:chicago's listings are off by one:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3514479

Thanks burrnini, I'll adjust that in the am or so. It took a lot of digging to find the listings so I figured I'd miss something. Anyone else have an edit, please let me know.

After #10, the numbers are slightly off compared to headings under Sparky's recommendation that #10.5 or "Thu Feb 19 or Fri Feb 20: Imagine's 'Send Off' dinner " be listed as an official gathering, making it #11 and so on. So let it be written, so let it be done.

sanity

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sanity

VEGAS Gatherings
Here's the link to the thread for "Things to do in Vegas...." that smlauren started.
Feel free to add to that thread anytime.

Interested in following the Saga Of CyberPub Cellars Pub Blends?
This thread contains tasting notes from our group-made wine, and links to pics.

(2008) Socal Tasting #4 NOV 15 The Satellite Edition VEGAS, BABY! EVERYONE'S INVITED!
This was the first Vegas gathering, which we called the socal satellite edition with many wooters from across the country in attendance. "Lesser Known Varietals" was the theme. Remember the wine aces brought in the clay bottle? And that I ran out of lamb?! (the horror!) We hiked, I created Hash House Freaks, we had loads of fun.

(2009)Socal Tasting #13 OCT 16-19 CyperPub Cellars Wine Making in VEGAS, BABY!
This was the second Vegas gathering. We decided to make wine. We ate. Theme? Have no idea - Maybe bring your favorite wine according to the pics?! Enjoyed the view at Lake Las Vegas. The Hash House Freaks increased in number. My kitty caused a flood (to the tune of $10,000+), and our Octocat encountered an alien creature.

(2010) Vegas Tasting #1 May 14-16 CyberPub Cellars Pub Blend #1 Bottling Time
This was our "1st" Vegas Tasting. We bottled our 1st CyberPub Cellars wine, and had loads of fun. WE looked hot in our matching bowling shirts, but alas, that did not actually help us in the bowling department. Theme? In Late August, imagine4vr came out for the Wine Dinner. We won 3rd place out of 34 other zin blends.

(2010)Vegas Tasting #2 OCT 15-18 CyberPub Cellars Pub Blend #2 Time to Crush
Our Theme was blends. One of the favorite wines of the evening was one that wasn't.

(2011)Vegas Tasting #3 CyberPub Cellars Pub Blend #2 Bottling Time.
Our theme was Spanish wines. We had a catered tapas menu. More frivolity, eating, bowling.....

I'll update soon with the 2012 gatherings.....

MarkDaSpark

Bump ... updated the SoCal listings.

MarkDaSpark

Reminder that the optional "template" is in the first post here for gatherings.

Helps to have the gathering info in one place, so people don't have to search all over the thread.

MarkDaSpark

Bump ... because some folks don't read very well.