cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
bhodilee wrote:Look, someone had to do it, and that someone HAD to be me.

I applaud your effort to make everything extra crappy.

CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
cortot20 wrote:I applaud your effort to make everything extra crappy.

Hey now, DO NOT disparage the greatest movie of all time.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bhodilee wrote:Hey now, DO NOT disparage the greatest movie of all time.

I think we need to agree to disagree on that. While it is a great movie, it is not the greatest movie of all time.

To Have and Have Not is the greatest. Bogie & Bacall.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and ... blow.

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bhodilee wrote:Hey now, DO NOT disparage the greatest movie of all time.

Kung-Pow?

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
NonnaWY wrote:Just got back from meeting JavaDrinker and his lovely wife CoffeeMate at one of our local brew houses as they passed thru town on their way back to Denver and home.

Great to meet another wine.wooter in person. You were both so friendly and the conversation was fun!

We never see them. And they live within an hour of our gatherings!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

Created a thread to hold the Wine and Drinking cards that have been posted here before (and some that may not have been).

Feel free to add more Wine/Drinking cards to it!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:We never see them. And they live within an hour of our gatherings!

Really? I live 5 minutes (or less) away and I never see them!

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Really? I live 5 minutes (or less) away and I never see them!

I think I remember seeing them once, at zTimBz's shindig.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Any suggestions on where to get a prepaid sim card here in the US? My daughter will be visiting from England and needs phone while here. $25 for s month of 250 minutes from ATT is best I've found.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:I think I remember seeing them once, at zTimBz's shindig.

I think they made it to the Oct. gathering, but that was the first in a while. But the point was that I'm only 5 minutes away, and rarely see them.

And you the man in the Poli-Ticks thread!

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Any suggestions on where to get a prepaid sim card here in the US? My daughter will be visiting from England and needs phone while here. $25 for s month of 250 minutes from ATT is best I've found.

How about just using a prepaid phone? Not sure her contacts will transfer, since most (some?) will still be on her old SIM card.

MarkDaSpark

And I knew there was a reason I stay out of the main Whine thread.

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:I think they made it to the Oct. gathering, but that was the first in a while. But the point was that I'm only 5 minutes away, and rarely see them.

And you the man in the Poli-Ticks thread!

Verry slippery ober dare. Got lots o'mud on my fanny.
Throw me a rope!

CT

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:How about just using a prepaid phone? Not sure her contacts will transfer, since most (some?) will still be on her old SIM card.

that would work. Contacts are on laptop. Ideas on where to buy.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Verry slippery ober dare. Got lots o'mud on my fanny.
Throw me a rope!

Rope thrown.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:that would work. Contacts are on laptop. Ideas on where to buy.

Virgin Mobile, Boostmobile, AT&T, Net10, Walmart among others.

LMGTFY

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
rjquillin wrote:Verry slippery ober dare. Got lots o'mud on my fanny.
Throw me a rope!

If we all agreed, it would be so boring!

rjquillin

chemvictim wrote:If we all agreed, it would be so boring!

Yes, but this does become a bit tiring, not to mention time consuming...

CT

bahwm

quality posts: 34 Private Messages bahwm
rjquillin wrote:I think I remember seeing them once, at zTimBz's shindig.

Yeppers. And, we were there, too!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Yes, but this does become a bit tiring, not to mention time consuming...

But it's interesting discussion, regardless of my own opinions on the subject. So keep it up

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Yes, but this does become a bit tiring, not to mention time consuming...

Which is why RPM, PetiteSirah, and I gave up.

Contrary to Kyle's delusions of grandeur (I left due to him ... hah!)

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I understand the time-consuming side which is why I try to keep my inquiries and answers short.

I also attempt to leave my ego at the door when I enter that thread lest it take a beating.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

Don't forget that your 2nd Chance March Madness picks are due tomorrow by 7:15 pm EDT.

bhodilee

cmaldoon wrote:I understand the time-consuming side which is why I try to keep my inquiries and answers short.

I also attempt to leave my ego at the door when I enter that thread lest it take a beating.

I find a good ego thrashing to be soul cleansing. Reminds me I'm not the god others hold me out to be. Those others reside in a mental facility, but who am I to judge? Oh right, I'm their god, I'm SUPPOSED to judge.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:Virgin Mobile, Boostmobile, AT&T, Net10, Walmart among others.

LMGTFY

Thanks. Some different info than googling sim cards, but mostly more expensive. I think that the $25 option from AT&T for a month is the best approach.

My Cellar

polarbear22

bhodilee wrote:I find a good ego thrashing to be soul cleansing. Reminds me I'm not the god others hold me out to be. Those others reside in a mental facility, but who am I to judge? Oh right, I'm their god, I'm SUPPOSED to judge.

The best part of waking up is Bowtie in the Pub.

Try to read that without a jingle playing in your head.

My Cellar

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

I spent the better part of 2 years posting to the Politics forum on amazon on a daily basis. It does get tiring, especially when you realize that for all your time, effort and thought, the only thing you've really managed to do is preach to the choir. I could count on one hand the number of times I saw anyone change their views and still have most of my fingers left.

I have purposely steered clear here although I've lurked a little from time to time. I'd rather focus on the wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
polarbear22 wrote:The best part of waking up is Bowtie in the Pub.

Try to read that without a jingle playing in your head.

I had the jingle playing before I even read your second sentence.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Any suggestions on where to get a prepaid sim card here in the US? My daughter will be visiting from England and needs phone while here. $25 for s month of 250 minutes from ATT is best I've found.

Let's see, IIRC, your daughter left for England last summer to go school, and already she's visiting from England?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:Let's see, IIRC, your daughter left for England last summer to go school, and already she's visiting from England?

Probably forgot what sunshine felt like.

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:Let's see, IIRC, your daughter left for England last summer to go school, and already she's visiting from England?

Fair point. And I usually say that she is coming home for a week.

Her legal residence remains here in the States. But she is over for about three years, etc. And for this issue, she has her phone service set up in the UK. So the short trip back home is a "visit".

My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

If anybody bit on the Scott Harvey or Noceto or Domenico and wants to share let me know! I totally can't justify a full set of all of them, but I want them nonetheless.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:Fair point. And I usually say that she is coming home for a week.

Her legal residence remains here in the States. But she is over for about three years, etc. And for this issue, she has her phone service set up in the UK. So the short trip back home is a "visit".

Of course I knew all that, but with a day off, I couldn't resist being just little ornery. After all, can't leave it all up to bowtie.

bhodilee

ddeuddeg wrote:Of course I knew all that, but with a day off, I couldn't resist being just little ornery. After all, can't leave it all up to bowtie.

I know, I'm not Atlas!

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
chipgreen wrote:I spent the better part of 2 years posting to the Politics forum on amazon on a daily basis. It does get tiring, especially when you realize that for all your time, effort and thought, the only thing you've really managed to do is preach to the choir. I could count on one hand the number of times I saw anyone change their views and still have most of my fingers left.

I have purposely steered clear here although I've lurked a little from time to time. I'd rather focus on the wine.

It is exhausting. It's fun when you have different opinions coming from intelligent people. I want them to give me a good reason to change my mind. And wooters have, several times.

polarbear22

ddeuddeg wrote:Of course I knew all that, but with a day off, I couldn't resist being just little ornery. After all, can't leave it all up to bowtie.

She's Britain's problem now.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

polarbear22 wrote:She's Britain's treasure now.

IFTFY.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus

time2testit: please check PMs.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:D&D pics

http://www.psiloveyou.org/

check them out.... recognize any faces.... or backs?

also please keep clicking!! she has made it to 3rd.... the contest is over on the 31st. at 5pm..

Done did it for today!

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
polarbear22 wrote:Thanks. Some different info than googling sim cards, but mostly more expensive. I think that the $25 option from AT&T for a month is the best approach.

I found this cheap p.o.c. on DealNews today -- I see that it comes w/ a pre-paid SIM card, but it doesn't give any specifics.