12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Creminelli Artisan Porchetta Roast
$79.99 $̶1̶1̶0̶.̶0̶0̶ 27% off List Price
(1) Creminelli Artisan Porchetta Roast, 5-6 lbs.

Website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Happy Easter everyone. I presume this would arrive in time for easter right?

(response to later post: someone has to ask the hard hitting questions)

ceagee

quality posts: 63 Private Messages ceagee

punchy comment decided to delete.
This item is a bit bizzare though.

Tiamat114

quality posts: 48 Private Messages Tiamat114

I'll make myself useful for once.

Link to the product on Creminelli's website ($96 from them).

Link to the cooking directions

Oh, and lastly here's an article from the Huffingtin Post about Porchetta

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty

I don't get it...

It's an $85 stuffed pork tenderloin? Is this really the demographic Woot sells to now?

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit

Seriously? Okay. You (woot, et al) are. I am wondering who in the world would pay this much for a pork roast?

Cowboydann? Who CARES if it arrives in time for Easter?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
gmwhit wrote:Seriously? Okay. You are. I am wondering who in the world would pay this much for a pork roast?

Cowboydann? Who cares if it arrives in time for Easter?

Ham is usually a traditional Easter meal. It used to be rabbit, but the amount of kids thinking they were eating the easter rabbit put an end to that, so they switched to ham.

that was fun while it lasted!

Tiamat114

Oh looky here I even get to ask a question. Woot's specs simply say (and I see no mention of it in the description either)

In the box:

(1) Creminelli Artisan Porchetta Roast, 5-6 lbs.

While on the Creminelli website it says it includes this,

Includes re-heating instructions and 1 jar of Pepper Lane Sweet Mother of Onion Jelly.

I don't see anywhere in the description anything about the jar of jam but I'm pretty sure I see it pictured. So, it begs the question of jam included, yay or nay?

[MOD: No jelly included. That was the holiday offer.]

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Tiamat114 wrote:Oh looky here I even get to ask a question. Woot's specs simply say (and I see no mention of it in the description either)

I don't see anywhere in the description anything about the jar of jam but I'm pretty sure I see it pictured. So, it begs the question of jam included, yay or nay?

I'll fire of an email to ask. I'm not going to wake somebody since they'll probably have to contact Creminelli anyway. Should know something later in the morning.

UPDATE: No jelly included. That was the holiday offer.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

zener

quality posts: 22 Private Messages zener

Seems like an OK deal to me I cant get good meats like this out in the sticks I live in. My question is that it says USE WITHIN A WEEK AFTER OPENING PACKAGING. Does that mean if refrigerated? Can I freeze some for later?

Do I need to finish the whole jar of jam in a week as well? I guess that would happen on day 6 when im running out of time and eating furiously.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

An $80 hunk of meat purchased from the internet. There's a bad joke or three in there somewhere...

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Today's lesson:

"Artisanal" means an extra $50.

sinsemilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sinsemilla

$14-$17 a pound for pork belly wrapped around pork tenderloin and shoulder? Those cuts of meat are only $2-$3 a pound where I live.

What a rip off. The ridiculous price per pound combined with three cuts of meat that need totally different cooking techniques is mind boggling.

antfarmer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages antfarmer

Wow, $80 for a chunk of meat moldering and decomposing for a week in trucks and the back of the post office van. How appetizing.
Just think, I saw a better chunk of pork at Piggly Wiggly last week for $7 and it wasn't even rotted when I got it home!
I think somebody bought up the 7000 dead diseased pigs floating down the river in China and decided to get rich quick. 'Seasoned' means fermented in the industrial waste of the Yangtze.

buzzy3814

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzy3814
mwinkykitty wrote:I don't get it...

It's an $85 stuffed pork tenderloin? Is this really the demographic Woot sells to now?

FOR THAT PRICE,DOES THAT INCLUDE THE COOKS TRAVEL TO THE HOUSE TO COOK IT ?

louis maria

Tiamat114

ThunderThighs wrote:I'll fire of an email to ask. I'm not going to wake somebody since they'll probably have to contact Creminelli anyway. Should know something later in the morning.

Ok, figured I'd ask because I'm sure someone would. I'm not in a hurry as this offering is too rich for my blood, so I'm going to go back to quietly lurking and window shopping now for another few weeks/months.

davebva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davebva
curtisuxor wrote:Today's lesson:

Today's Lesson #2:

Do NOT use that word around anyone named Art.

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 47 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

In all fairness, I pay $16 or more a pound for beef and seafood all the time. Pork tenderloin, not so much.

onestinkyfish

quality posts: 1 Private Messages onestinkyfish

So for all of you who either don't care to, or aren't able to read the company website....

These are precooked and preserved for shipping.

You will only have to reheat it if you want to serve warm otherwise you can just slice and serve as a cold offering with veggies, crackers and dips.

If you haven't noticed by now, Wine Woot isn't quite like the other Woot sites.

For the products they do offer, it's a good deal, but they do offer the higher end products.

Stop whining. Stop bashing.

Just move along.

gina3graces

quality posts: 41 Private Messages gina3graces

Bruno Mars buy me some meat!

gmwhit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gmwhit
bpr2 wrote:Ham is usually a traditional Easter meal. It used to be rabbit, but the amount of kids thinking they were eating the easter rabbit put an end to that, so they switched to ham.

And this relates to an $80 PORK roast how? Oh, good grief..this is so beyond pathetic, I can't even reply with a modicum of intelligence. Rabbit; not interested. Have eaten it.

Ham's good. Cheaper, too.

At the risk (no, I do NOT care) of repeating myself....who, would EVER pay this amount of money for a pork roast?

Drag yourself to your local grocer.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
gmwhit wrote:At the risk (no, I do NOT care) of repeating myself....who, would EVER pay this amount of money for a pork roast?

So you don't have to ask again, I'll answer your question. This guy:

Last Wooter to Woot: gdesilvio

Anyway, semi-relevant to this offering (not really) but not so much to most people, there's a food truck (Roli Roti) in SF that sells an amazing porchetta sandwich (albeit the only porchetta anything I've ever had). If you're not against pork (or pork skin, mmhmmm), I highly recommend trying it.

nastyducky

quality posts: 8 Private Messages nastyducky

This is probably delicious and well worth the price, but...

Given the choice, I'd rather have a turducken. But that's just me.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
buzzy3814 wrote:FOR THAT PRICE,DOES THAT INCLUDE THE COOKS TRAVEL TO THE HOUSE TO COOK IT ?

buzzy3814 wrote:IN MY TOWN A HIGH QUALITY PORK ROAST AT THE BUTCHER COST ABOUT $15. GOOD DEAL YOU GOT GOING

jimmer2007

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimmer2007

I've been making my own porchetta for several years. So when I see this $70 ticket, I nearly passed out. Seriously though, folks, buy a loin and get a decent recipe and make your own. Waaaay more worth it.

Kingu

quality posts: 42 Private Messages Kingu

Frustrating, as I want this, but just can't justify the really high price per pound. But for a prepared heat and serve (or simply just eat) product, I'd end up paying something similar anyway...

WHY YOU DO THIS TO US WOOT? But boy, I've got some wine that would pair wonderfully with this, and some port on the way that'd be very nice after this with some dark chocolate covered cherries...

Decisions, decisions...

guest11111

quality posts: 1 Private Messages guest11111

Instead of immediately flipping to another page, I thought I'd check out the nutrition facts under 'Specs' just for fun. WOW. A 2oz serving (about 56 grams) has 16g of fat, 140 calories from fat, 190 calories total. Not only would we have to slice this very thinly, but my husband, who won't eat fat, would have to trim off over a quarter of his portion.

Now I do like me some very crispy bacon for an indulgence, but this is too much for us.

PWootster1109

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PWootster1109

'Sweet Mother of Onion Jelly'.
I may have learned a new curse today. Thanks woot!

kencan420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kencan420

Is this Kosher l o l !!!!!! ; )

kencan420

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

LOL "Vegetarian fed diet".
Pigs are omnivores. Is this supposed to make us meat eaters who think vegetarians are more healthy buy this in thinking that a vegetarian pig is more healthy for us to eat? Niche marketing at its best.

vainpire

quality posts: 7 Private Messages vainpire

I agree..."Stop Whining" !!! Prepaired foods over the internet are often way over priced,its the nature of the beast and the guy complaining about it "rotting" in the back of the trucks etc is absurd...mail order food has been around forever ,even before the internet so its one thing if u think this is overpriced but get a grip...some things are just expensive but it doesnt mean they r rotting pieces of crap !!!

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa
fiftymegatims wrote:LOL "Vegetarian fed diet".
Pigs are omnivores. Is this supposed to make us meat eaters who think vegetarians are more healthy buy this in thinking that a vegetarian pig is more healthy for us to eat? Niche marketing at its best.

More like "vegetarian FAD diet".

Seriously now, carnivore meat is usually less tasty than herbivore. Perhaps omnivores taste better when fed a herbivore diet.

sabreena98

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sabreena98
jimmer2007 wrote:I've been making my own porchetta for several years. So when I see this $70 ticket, I nearly passed out. Seriously though, folks, buy a loin and get a decent recipe and make your own. Waaaay more worth it.

Ooh would you mind sharing your recipe? TIA

kingmny

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kingmny

I'll hold out for a Turducken.

xenite227

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xenite227

Let the clueless hate, for anyone who knows this is actually around the average price for a good Porchetta.

It's fairly obvious by the comments hardly anyone actually knows what actually goes into making one.

cf

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cf

Trader Joe's was selling cooked corned beef for close to $16 a pound last week. This pork seems comparable to something that one might buy from Williams-Sonoma or D'Artagnan. I certainly don't need this much pork roast and I can make my own but it seems very reasonable for what it is.

cairnblsd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cairnblsd

onestinkyfish wrote:

These are precooked and preserved for shipping..

I shudder to think what is used as a preservative. If it keeps any bacteria from growing for weeks just think what it will do to the healthy bacteria living in out digestive track.

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12

Gotta love buzzwords

zolttt

quality posts: 12 Private Messages zolttt
mwinkykitty wrote:I don't get it...

I must be shopping at the wrong store, because that my friend is 1 very large tenderloin... which I might add is the total opposite from a roast.

I ruined my signature with poor cut and paste skills