Healdsburg Ranches 2009 North Coast Zinfandel 12-Pack
$99.99 $̶1̶5̶9̶.̶0̶0̶ 37% off List Price
2009 Healdsburg Ranches North Coast Zinfandel

Previous offer:
3/3/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Cab I'd be in Zin is a no go

ignoredobsessional

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ignoredobsessional
fredrinaldi wrote:Cab I'd be in Zin is a no go

Amen

MoveoverCinderella

quality posts: 3 Private Messages MoveoverCinderella
ignoredobsessional wrote:Amen

Ditto!!

Love it or leave it!

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

would have split a 6 pack with someone, but a 12 pack, not at this point.

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Seems like a perfect daily drinker, but haven't had it so I don't really know.

CT

ignoredobsessional

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ignoredobsessional

I don't often drink zin....but when I do....I prefer old vine....

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

I went digging through previous discussions... one or two people basically said they liked it, but no tasting notes at all.

Seems like a good deal on a case of Zin, but I find it hard to pull the trigger on a full case without having at least some idea of what to expect.

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

I want to bite that's a lot of wine for someone who has no point of reference. Anyone have some notes?

garrowood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garrowood
Arista07 wrote:I want to bite that's a lot of wine for someone who has no point of reference. Anyone have some notes?

I bought this in the last offer and finished a bottle the other night. Fruit (deep berry) and leather with pepper on the back end. A little 'thin'. If it were beer it would be a session beer. Perfectly serviceable nothing special but totally drinkable for a no special occasion night. Won't buy again but totally fine low priced zin.

BuckeyeMama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BuckeyeMama

Just ordered, although I was surprised to see a sales tax...since when did we start getting taxed on these Woots?

tewkewl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tewkewl
Arista07 wrote:I want to bite that's a lot of wine for someone who has no point of reference. Anyone have some notes?

Here ya go boys and girls. someone has done a very good job writing this up... soft tannins? Soft and smooth wine? not really for me. I like my wines bolder. Cab is the king for me. but bordeaux is probably the best as far as blends go.

http://thewinespies.com/directory/wine/1948

andreaserben

----> not sure how accurate this is, was linked at a wine shop. Different data when it comes to cases made points to that one of the two reviews is wrongly associated with the wine

http://www.scwinecompany.com/r/Red%20Wine/healdsburg-ranches-north-coast-zinfandel-2009

Wine Spectator

This is juicy and generic, but offers soft notes of cherry, sassafras and spice. Drink now. 4,800 cases made.
Score: 82. —Tim Fish, 2011.

Do not have a subscription - here is the link: http://www.winespectator.com/wine/detail/source/search/note_id/311154

Wine Enthusiast:
http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/healdsburg-ranches-2009-zinfandel-sonoma-county

by Steve Heimoff
Here’s a good, fruity Zinfandel to drink with your barbecue, and the everyday price is right. It’s dry and tart in berries, cherries and spices, with Zin’s wild, briary personality.
— (12/1/2010) — 85

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Their Cab is a good daily wine, not a Zin fan at all. time is running out on the woot off.
Leaving sunny calif. tomorrow to snowing K. C. Mo to see the daughters and G kids. Forecast snow all weekend, thank god for the warmth of Cab

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

garrowood, tewkewl and andreaserben thanks for the informative resources. Decided against buying; think I dodged a drunk bullet.

andreaserben

BuckeyeMama wrote:Just ordered, although I was surprised to see a sales tax...since when did we start getting taxed on these Woots?

For a long time - you only did not see it. The winery did it "secretly" and the price included the assumed average sales tax. Supposedly some folks got receipts with sales tax before in the box when they received the wine, it was just part of the total price.

Sales tax is usually required in this type of interstate commerce because wineries need to apply for a license in the state they want to ship to and a condition of getting the license is sales tax collection.

andreaserben

tewkewl wrote:Here ya go boys and girls. someone has done a very good job writing this up... soft tannins? Soft and smooth wine? not really for me. I like my wines bolder. Cab is the king for me. but bordeaux is probably the best as far as blends go.

http://thewinespies.com/directory/wine/1948

Didn't want to quote winespies' writeup since they sold the wine and thus are less impartial.

1trubob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1trubob

Specs given here: 13.5% alcohol, suggesting the style of Zin I like, not overripe and bombastic, but restrained and more elegant.

But Wine Spies, when they offered the exact same wine -- 2009 North Coast Zinfandel -- said 14.8%. Somebody's reading the wrong label.

The link to Wine Enthusiast was for the 2009 Zin (Sonoma County), a more specific designation than North Coast, and they listed 14.5%.

Somebody's being careless with the numbers.

oduran

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oduran

I had yesterday the second bottle of this lot and it tasted just as poorly as the previous one. Notwithstanding the alcohol content, it's watery like the wash-out of a nearly empty barrel, and it doesn't taste or smell like zinfandel.