0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I already have the truffle butters. I'd like to try the duck fat, but not for $35.

Cesare

quality posts: 1563 Private Messages Cesare

Aux Délices des Bois Truffle Butter and Duck Fat 3-Pack
$34.99 $̶4̶1̶.̶0̶0̶ 15% off List Price
Black Truffle Butter 8 oz.
White Truffle Butter 8 oz.
Natural Duck Fat 7 oz.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
loveladyelectric wrote:I already have the truffle butters. I'd like to try the duck fat, but not for $35.

how intense is the truffle flavor/content in this brand? do you need a lot of butter e.g. for a pasta dish or just e.g. a teaspoon to get a rich truffle flavor?

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Here we go again with the infamous "natural" label. Sure fat from ducks is a natural product, but how was the duck raised and what did it eat? If it has been fed, for example, Monsanto's corn, so much for natural.

trobino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trobino
andreaserben wrote:how intense is the truffle flavor/content in this brand? do you need a lot of butter e.g. for a pasta dish or just e.g. a teaspoon to get a rich truffle flavor?

A little bit goes a long way

Trina L. Robino

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
trobino wrote:A little bit goes a long way

thanks - I had such a craving for a good truffle butter the other day - hope it will make me happy

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

Again, Dad's 80th in April, what better to go in the gift basket than this? Along with Peter's Port, Brandini and Sea Salt Caramel goodies?
Cheers!

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
andreaserben wrote:how intense is the truffle flavor/content in this brand? do you need a lot of butter e.g. for a pasta dish or just e.g. a teaspoon to get a rich truffle flavor?

It is plenty strong. Just make sure you don't cook with it because that kills the aroma and flavor of truffles. I let the black truffle butter melt on the top of a steak after I've cooked it, and do the same with the white truffle butter on seafood and pasta.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

They've got truffle butter and duck fat, but do they have duck butter?

trobino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trobino
andreaserben wrote:thanks - I had such a craving for a good truffle butter the other day - hope it will make me happy

It will I purchased for my dad and uncle last fathers day. They both love me.

Trina L. Robino

Nate650

loveladyelectric wrote:It is plenty strong. Just make sure you don't cook with it because that kills the aroma and flavor of truffles. I let the black truffle butter melt on the top of a steak after I've cooked it, and do the same with the white truffle butter on seafood and pasta.

When used in such a fashion, does it enhance the flavor of the steak or cover it? I wouldn't want to mask the flavor of an expensive grass fed ribeye.

obligato

quality posts: 0 Private Messages obligato

About half a teaspoon should do a grassfed ribeye just right. I've used Aux Delices des Bois black and white truffle butters a lot over the last few years and a little DOES go a long way as someone else mentioned. You won't go wrong with this purchase.

Nate650 wrote:When used in such a fashion, does it enhance the flavor of the steak or cover it? I wouldn't want to mask the flavor of an expensive grass fed ribeye.

Nate650

obligato wrote:About half a teaspoon should do a grassfed ribeye just right. I've used Aux Delices des Bois black and white truffle butters a lot over the last few years and a little DOES go a long way as someone else mentioned. You won't go wrong with this purchase.

Thanks.

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

AGH! Can't believe I missed this! We didn't freeze ours and it went bad after a couple months.

Be sure to freeze it and it'll last much longer.

Truffle butter goes a long way but shouldn't be cooked with. It is more of a finishing butter. Great on Brussel sprouts btw!

Good stuff!