cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

GDit....I like port and wellington but am flush with wine right now. Peter, I have been part of the wine club for 2 or 3 years and have yet to receive a bottle of port. What gives?

CT

coolchris160

quality posts: 50 Private Messages coolchris160

I just placed my order. I hope these are as good, if not better than the Pedroncelli Port. That was the first port I've ever had and I really liked it. Can anyone compare that to these? Thanks

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:GDit....I like port and wellington but am flush with wine right now. Peter, I have been part of the wine club for 2 or 3 years and have yet to receive a bottle of port. What gives?

Sparky has been stealing them in transit.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

I just got a set for molarchae...woot

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

kylemittskus wrote:Sparky has been stealing them in transit.

He thought I wouldn't notice the smaller bottle missing. Its OK, he said he would be giving my wife and I one of his IH wedding cuvee jeroboams for our 5 year anniversary. So I think its a fair trade.

CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
klezman wrote:I just got a set for molarchae...woot

I would think you were just trying to justify it to yourself, if I didn't know molarchae In for 1 as well, too hard to resist.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mschauber wrote:$19.67 here... Same price paid for '03/'06 previously, that also included shipping.

Actually I'm pretty sure when the 03/06 was offered before, it was $59.99 before shipping, unless my CT entry was completely wrong...and I'm too lazy to try and find in the "stuff you bought" list.

EDIT: $53.99 shipped. Thats still $27 per bottle, significally more than here. (actually allocated the price properly in CT for once so was confused when I looked at the 2003).

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

dalematthew

quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew
dalematthew wrote:Was trying to be good on Day 2 - but on the positive side, now have free shipping for the rest of the day.

And just made good use of my free shipping by upping my order to 2 of these

Mainly based on Peter's aging comment.

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue

this was my only purchase during this woot-off so far.. been waiting for something to pop up. thanks peter!

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
cortot20 wrote:GDit....I like port and wellington but am flush with wine right now. Peter, I have been part of the wine club for 2 or 3 years and have yet to receive a bottle of port. What gives?

We did put it in one time, but so many people said they didn't want it that it created problems. You can always add or substitute - we make it easy for our customers to be pains in the , er, neck for Toby.

nathanbsmith

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nathanbsmith

Peter,

I live in Tennessee and have been enjoying your wines on WW but your web site will not allow me to buy wine from you nor will it let me join your wine club.

Sincerely,

Someone in TN who really wants to buy more of your wine...

LAST PURCHASE: Creminelli Italian Salami

2014: 1 (Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators)

2013: 183 bottles and counting
2012: 74 bottles
2011: 38 bottles

My CT

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7

If it would help sell these faster, I'd be happy to buy another 3! Unfortunately, it's against the rules. Stupid bloody rules. : (

cortot20

SonomaBouliste wrote:We did put it in one time, but so many people said they didn't want it that it created problems. You can always add or substitute - we make it easy for our customers to be pains in the , er, neck for Toby.

The problem is he's always so nice and accommodating that you feel bad bothering him all the time with swaps and whatnot. Sadly, I'm cash strapped and the cellar is bursting at the seams with vino. Next time.

CT

mom2hapakids

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mom2hapakids

We just visited this winery 2 weeks ago and I was so excited based on the reviews and comments from Wooters. I was not impressed and they were really rude!

We did buy the white port just based on the novelty of a white port.

I will pass.

cortot20

mom2hapakids wrote:We just visited this winery 2 weeks ago and I was so excited based on the reviews and comments from Wooters. I was not impressed and they were really rude!

I will pass.

unpossible.

CT

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn

Yep, I thought I was going to make it through unscathed too, but then I saw Wellington, and then Port, and then they just had to throw in that comment about Stilton and my cheese monger keeps stocking that killer Neal's Yard Dairy Stilton.... Oh well, maybe I'll use some of it for Christmas gifts. Yeah, right, it'll still be around at Christmas, hahahaha.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
mom2hapakids wrote:We just visited this winery 2 weeks ago and I was so excited based on the reviews and comments from Wooters. I was not impressed and they were really rude!

I will pass.

Could you elaborate on why you thought they were rude? This seems completely opposite of everything I've heard of this place.

mom2hapakids

Everyone mentions the Duke and the Duchess. I mentioned it and was told that they have never made a Duchess. But we were there during wine pick up time and people were coming in talking about picking their Duchess up.

I understand if they don't have a tasting or bottle open, but don't tell me it doesn't exist!

North316

sandig7 wrote:If it would help sell these faster, I'd be happy to buy another 3! Unfortunately, it's against the rules. Stupid bloody rules. : (

It is not, however, against the rules to create a second account....

My CT

North316

coolchris160 wrote:I just placed my order. I hope these are as good, if not better than the Pedroncelli Port. That was the first port I've ever had and I really liked it. Can anyone compare that to these? Thanks

I have both and have tried the pedroncelli, haven't had a chance to try this, but if you really liked the pedroncelli, you will probably love this. I really love port, and while the pedroncilli is still good, it was one of my least favorites so far. Knowing what I know of Peter, this port will be leaps and bounds above the Pedroncelli. If I had the money and space, I would have been in for three here without question. I don't so am only in for one, but now I can at least try the 03 and 06 I have been hoarding.

My CT

SonomaBouliste

mom2hapakids wrote:Everyone mentions the Duke and the Duchess. I mentioned it and was told that they have never made a Duchess. But we were there during wine pick up time and people were coming in talking about picking their Duchess up.

I understand if they don't have a tasting or bottle open, but don't tell me it doesn't exist!

Are you sure you weren't at our doppelganger winery? I can't imagine Toby, Jon, Jannis or Rob possibly saying we never made a Duchess.

kylemittskus

I will pass.

Please elaborate.

sandig7

North316 wrote:It is not, however, against the rules to create a second account....

Brilliant! Can I use all the same info, just different name and password? Can I use the same name and just use a different password? Thank you!

mom2hapakids

mom2hapakids wrote:Everyone mentions the Duke and the Duchess. I mentioned it and was told that they have never made a Duchess. But we were there during wine pick up time and people were coming in talking about picking their Duchess up.

I was very disappointed. I put it on my "MUST VISIT" list based on Woot reviews and comments and the recommendation of a co-worker than has not led us astray before. I felt really bad for dragging my friends there. My husband walked out.

North316

Maybe you misinterpretted and they were just telling you that they sold out? I believe that sold out pretty quickly.

My CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

I had ports that were still good months, even years after opening... any concerns about oxidization/change in taste if you want to drink a glass of port only every other months or so?
Don't have argon

North316

sandig7 wrote:Brilliant! Can I use all the same info, just different name and password? Can I use the same name and just use a different password? Thank you!

I believe so, if it does not work just change your address by one character and you should be fine (change street to St. or something like that). I've never had the need, but I knows lots around here have more than one account.

My CT

kylemittskus

SonomaBouliste wrote:Are you sure you weren't at our doppelganger winery? I can't imagine Toby, Jon, Jannis or Rob possibly saying we never made a Duchess.

I see you slyly left yourself off that list.

andreaserben

North316 wrote:It is not, however, against the rules to create a second account....

I don't want to hear this... I don't want to hear this... the 3 limit is protecting me from myself

mom2hapakids

Looking at my notes for the 2006 Old Vines Port. Winery was $25.
Deep ruby color, slight haze.
Moderate aroma, some age.
Medium sweet, medium full body.
Medium tannins, fair balance, moderate flavor, long 5-7 second finish. I gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

Sorry, sometimes I write more notes but for some reason I didn't fill out more than that in my book.

mom2hapakids

North316 wrote:Maybe you misinterpretted and they were just telling you that they sold out? I believe that sold out pretty quickly.

People at the next counter were asking about purchasing more. I didn't hear that much, since I was busy note taking.

I did admire the painting along the walls of the vineyards in different seasons.

publicart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages publicart
SonomaBouliste wrote:Well, there are a lot of people who say "I don't like Port", and when they're in the tasting room and try it they actually do like it, but we haven't developed cyber tasting yet.

I'm ready to try a good port. I'm trusting you Peter! *takes the plunge*

andreaserben

mom2hapakids wrote:...
I gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

That is shockingly low - short of "ripened cat piss" (to quote another thread)?!

coolchris160

quality posts: 50 Private Messages coolchris160
North316 wrote:I have both and have tried the pedroncelli, haven't had a chance to try this, but if you really liked the pedroncelli, you will probably love this. I really love port, and while the pedroncilli is still good, it was one of my least favorites so far. Knowing what I know of Peter, this port will be leaps and bounds above the Pedroncelli.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but was wondering if anyone could offer notes on them. So far the only juice I've had from P.W. was the Woot Cellars Vinito del Finito and that was obviously some amazing wine. I'm looking forward to trying more of what P.W. has to offer.

mom2hapakids

andreaserben wrote:That is shockingly low - short of "ripened cat piss" (to quote another thread)?!

I will have to add that I love port. We are usually suckers for port and late harvest wines. That and we like really big cabs. We did get the white port.

It's really depends on your own personal tastes.

SonomaBouliste

North316 wrote:Maybe you misinterpretted and they were just telling you that they sold out? I believe that sold out pretty quickly.

Nope, still got some.

SonomaBouliste

andreaserben wrote:I had ports that were still good months, even years after opening... any concerns about oxidization/change in taste if you want to drink a glass of port only every other months or so?
Don't have argon

I don't care for Port after it's been open a couple of weeks. Alternatives to argon are displacing the wine with glass marbles (put them in until there's a small gap between wine & cork) or carefully decanting into a smaller bottle.

SonomaBouliste

kylemittskus wrote:I see you slyly left yourself off that list.

Well, if you want to broaden your adult vocabulary, just call me and pretend to be a chummy securities salesman pretending it's not really a cold call.

sandig7

North316 wrote:I believe so, if it does not work just change your address by one character and you should be fine (change street to St. or something like that). I've never had the need, but I knows lots around here have more than one account.

Did it, thanks! Missed out on the port but I'm ready for next time. ; )

madpoet

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madpoet

NOOOO! Missed the port. *sob*