Wellington Vineyards Old Vines Port 3-Pack
$49.99
2003 Wellington Old Vines Port
2006 Wellington Old Vines Port
2007 Wellington Old Vines Port

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 178 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Mmmm, Wellington Port.

Nom, nom, nom.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

PhilSandifer

quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer

Either this will go fast, or people are wrong.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

I was about to break my promise of noting buying any more wine for a while when I slapped with taxes.

Since when do we pay taxes? I've never paid taxes on Wellington orders in the past.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

jazztime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jazztime
PhilSandifer wrote:Either this will go fast, or people are wrong.

I hope this goes fast - port is not a favorite of mine

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

In for one! Glad I made it home from work in time.

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
mschauber wrote:I was about to break my promise of noting buying any more wine for a while when I slapped with taxes.

Since when do we pay taxes? I've never paid taxes on Wellington orders in the past.

Yes you did. You just didn't know it because it was buried in the cost.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

jgosau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgosau

I nearly made it through the whole woot-off, but I'm such a sucker for Wellington...

PhilSandifer

jazztime wrote:I hope this goes fast - port is not a favorite of mine

Ah, SWMBO and I have been on a big Port kick of late. Which makes this an easy one to get post-facto approval for. Really, the only other thing that would be this easy is if Scott Harvey went up with something...

mschauber

cheron98 wrote:Yes you did. You just didn't know it because it was buried in the cost.

Do you're telling me they have reduced the price of the deal by $5 to cover the taxes? I doubt that.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
mschauber wrote:I was about to break my promise of noting buying any more wine for a while when I slapped with taxes.

Where have you been?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Perfect for pairing with those Candy Basket chocolate covered cherries you just bought!

For me, passing on this is an equally perfect pairing for having passed on the cherries.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdwindansea

Ugh, I was planning on making it through 2 full days of a woot off without making a purchase. Then I saw this and realized I am going to be a complete failure. Just made my purchase, thanks as always Peter.

mschauber

kylemittskus wrote:Where have you been?

Haven't been buying any wine for the past few weeks... There's been a policy change?

--
My CT

tdedek

mschauber wrote:Do you're telling me they have reduced the price of the deal by $5 to cover the taxes? I doubt that.

If you compare deals, before and after separate tax (exact deals) they have reduced the price now that tax is billed at individual state rates instead of a blanket tax for all.

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
PhilSandifer wrote:Either this will go fast, or people are wrong.

Well, there are a lot of people who say "I don't like Port", and when they're in the tasting room and try it they actually do like it, but we haven't developed cyber tasting yet.

cynthylee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I've been really good at saying no, but can't pass up Peter's fine offerings. Bummed I missed the Roussanne last night! In for two. Dad's 80th is coming up. This will make a nice addition to his birthday basket of goodies (Brandini toffee, Salted Caramel Pecan Patties, etc.).
Cheers!

itsernst

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsernst

Any other Wellington expected?

toddlamp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages toddlamp

I never had port before so I dont know if I like it. Should I have this as my first or should I first try a local bottle?

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
SonomaBouliste wrote:Well, there are a lot of people who say "I don't like Port", and when they're in the tasting room and try it they actually do like it, but we haven't developed cyber tasting yet.

Nice try, Peter.

Now where is that syrah?

mschauber

tdedek wrote:If you compare deals, before and after separate tax (exact deals) they have reduced the price now that tax is billed at individual state rates instead of a blanket tax for all.

Well I don't want to miss out on this great juice, so I'll just jump on it and leave the comparisons for future deals.

Thanks for letting me know what's going on.

--
My CT

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Was trying to be good on Day 2 - but on the positive side, now have free shipping for the rest of the day.

sandig7

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
MarkDaSpark wrote:Mmmm, Wellington Port.

Nom, nom, nom.

Yup. :D

tdedek

mschauber wrote:Well I don't want to miss out on this great juice, so I'll just jump on it and leave the comparisons for future deals.

Thanks for letting me know what's going on.

Don't blame you, tax or not, great deal. Came to about 17.95 ea for me. Tempted to go in on another, both me and the wife love some well made port!

Thanks Peter!

PhilSandifer

toddlamp wrote:I never had port before so I dont know if I like it. Should I have this as my first or should I first try a local bottle?

I've not tried them, but Wellington is a very reliable winery that's likely to be an excellent first try at just about anything.

projektsilence

quality posts: 0 Private Messages projektsilence

in for 1.. will try, love port

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

Mr. Wellington, how long will these age?

SonomaBouliste

emmabean2000 wrote:Mr. Wellington, how long will these age?

A long time - they should still be enjoyable, albeit different, 20 years from vintage.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

didn't find any place that sells the 2007 including Wellington's own shops.

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

I never ask this, but went in for three so wondering how long I can sit on these at proper cellar temp and humidity? Is this good for 3+years or does anyone have an idea?

TIA,
Jim

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

SonomaBouliste

andreaserben wrote:didn't find any place that sells the 2007 including Wellington's own shops.

This is the first time the 2007 has ever been available, so this offering gets a third of a rocket ship or pope's miter.

SonomaBouliste

alfisti13 wrote:I never ask this, but went in for three so wondering how long I can sit on these at proper cellar temp and humidity? Is this good for 3+years or does anyone have an idea?

TIA,
Jim

drink or hold. 3+ years isno problem, even for the 2003.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Mmmm, Wellington Port.

Nom, nom, nom.

Is this what we tasked after d&d?

andreaserben

SonomaBouliste wrote:This is the first time the 2007 has ever been available, so this offering gets a third of a rocket ship or pope's miter.

ordered 3 anyways

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

I never ask this, but went in for three so wondering how long I can sit on these at proper cellar temp and humidity? Is this good for 3+years or does anyone have an idea?

TIA,
Jim[/quote]

It figures I would ask the question while it was being answered! Thanks, Peter and have gone for 3 on both your offerings. Great stuff, just finished a Taylor Fladgate Tawny so perfect timing.

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

andreaserben

emmabean2000 wrote:Mr. Wellington, how long will these age?

I had really old Ports before (including a bottle I forgot somewhere in the basement after a move)... they will change very much, but will be enjoyable.

mschauber

tdedek wrote:Don't blame you, tax or not, great deal. Came to about 17.95 ea for me. Tempted to go in on another, both me and the wife love some well made port!

Thanks Peter!

$19.67 here... Same price paid for '03/'06 previously, that also included shipping.

--
My CT

andreaserben

if I assume that the 2007 will also go for $25 at least, then the math is
$40 for the 2003, + $25 for the 2006 and $25 for the 2007 = $90 plus tax and shipping - so $49.99 plus tax and max $5 shipping - good deal here.

sdfreedive

quality posts: 22 Private Messages sdfreedive

Thought I was going to be good and make it through a woot off with no purchases. I was wrong.

Wellington Vineyards Old Vines Port (3)
Speed to first woot: 0m 15.007s
First sucker:MarkDaSpark
Last wooter to woot:sdfreedive
Last purchase:a few seconds ago