Cesare

quality posts: 1695 Private Messages Cesare

Let The People Decide Conservative Red Blend 4-Pack
$59.99 $̶1̶1̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 48% off List Price
2009 Conservative Red Blend

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Edit:
@support - thanks for cancelling my 'first sucker' order and giving someone else the well deserved title

What I dislike about this offer:
Besides of the woot tasting notes from previous woot, the lack of information provided by the winery that I lamented about before (@woot - make them provide more information, do not have them sell it otherwise, I am sure there are tons of wineries who are willing to provide more detail if they don't - as you notice, their lower participation also leads to lower sales), non-woot tasting notes I could find only 'smoke' so far or 'Bing cherries, a big of saddle leather, light cassis'.

http://www.1winedude.com/weekly-twitter-wine-mini-reviews-round-up-for-february-4-2012/

•09 Martellotto Cellars Let The People Decide Red (Santa Barbara): Smokier than just about any backroom at a 1960s political convention $24 B

Note that the worst rating this guy gave was a "B-"

another said

http://www.wine-blog.org/index.php/2010/10/28/ones-a-conservative-the-others-a-liberal-so-hows-the-let-the-people-decide-wine/

Color is medium garnet… Not too big, and not too light. Reminds me of a Pinot.

Alcohol 14.5%… Made to drink and not age.

Nose: Bing cherries, a big of saddle leather, light cassis.

Palate: The palate follows the nose. A bit hot on the back end, and that’s part of the 14.5% alcohol, but could be managed well with creamy cheeses and beef dishes.

Finish: lingered a bit. Not a powerhouse. I don’t believe it was meant to be. Just an easy enjoyable wine for those hot political debates.

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

I thought the last time this was offered, the people decided that this was a woot off killer. Political wine? Pass...

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
emmabean2000 wrote:I thought the last time this was offered, the people decided that this was a woot off killer. Political wine? Pass...

Yup, it was a killer - as said, I confused it. I do not care if it is a political wine, and even then it is a funny idea since they make both versions.
I care about that nobody who tasted it said that it was any good

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
andreaserben wrote:Yup, it was a killer - as said, I confused it. I do not care if it is a political wine, and even then it is a funny idea since they make both versions.
I care about that nobody who tasted it said that it was any good

yep . It was here forever last woot off.
Time for action :

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Back to bed I go....

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

Ugh.. where's a good Ty Caton or Red Zeppelin when you really need them?