2010 Braganini Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
2010 Braganini Reserve Cabernet Franc
2009 Braganini Reserve Chancellor Noir

Previous offer:
2/9/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fogtower

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fogtower

1980's night club label

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Oh Klezman............ I believe you were not looking for these.

CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

tempted - because of the region which I did not try before at all.
hoping - that no political/free speech discussion like last time comes up
... if I only knew what's next

... for those types of offers I need a few local 'wine buddies' who would order this with me and then gulp it down

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
cortot20 wrote:Oh Klezman............ I believe you were not looking for these.

Once the clock strikes ten I'll be in. Might get a set for a coworker also...he's from that neck of the woods.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Anyone willing to part with the Chancellor Noir from this set?

Need it for my 200 Century Club.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

andreaserben

woots by state map is blank (as of 3/19/13 11:51 pm)? what gives?

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:Once the clock strikes ten I'll be in. Might get a set for a coworker also...he's from that neck of the woods.

Oh yeah, this is those. They kind of grow on you like a fungus. I remember now how much I liked this a couple of days after the offer. One more minute to go...

[edit] Thanks for bringing these back WD.

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 168 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Oh yeah, this is those. They kind of grow on you like a fungus...

Totally agree. These were a trip.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:Anyone willing to part with the Chancellor Noir from this set?

Need it for my 200 Century Club.

Why, you just got your own!

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Oh yeah, this is those. They kind of grow on you like a fungus. I remember now how much I liked this a couple of days after the offer. One more minute to go...

[edit] Thanks for bringing these back WD.

Given my cool climate upbringing I was not surprised to like it at the end. Although the probability was lower given my sample bottle was Chancellor.

Now I got my own set! I'd love to have two, but that's a non-starter. I've got too much wine. This may push me over 500...

Right - last wooter to woot: klezman

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Given my cool climate upbringing I was not surprised to like it at the end. Although the probability was lower given my sample bottle was Chancellor.

Now I got my own set! I'd love to have two, but that's a non-starter. I've got too much wine. This may push me over 500...

Right - last wooter to woot: klezman

Two was/is very tempting. If anyone doesn't want the CF..

CT

andreaserben

anybody to push me over the edge by convincing me this is awesome and not to be missed? (but only if you truly believe it)

rjquillin

andreaserben wrote:anybody to push me over the edge by convincing me this is awesome and not to be missed? (but only if you truly believe it)

Check out the TN's from the previous offer.

CT

klezman

andreaserben wrote:anybody to push me over the edge by convincing me this is awesome and not to be missed? (but only if you truly believe it)

Well, it's from an area you're likely not familiar with wine-wise. It's got one bottle of a varietal you're also not likely to be familiar with. Experimentation is good. It's a very different kind of wine than your California anything and if you enjoy trying new things then this wine is for you. If you want a big CA-style blockbuster wine, then this isn't going to do it - you should stick to CA, Rhone, and most of Spain.

Edit: or what Ron said

andreaserben

rjquillin wrote:Check out the TN's from the previous offer.

I did, but did not cover all wines, did it?

andreaserben

klezman wrote:Well, it's from an area you're likely not familiar with wine-wise. It's got one bottle of a varietal you're also not likely to be familiar with. Experimentation is good. It's a very different kind of wine than your California anything and if you enjoy trying new things then this wine is for you. If you want a big CA-style blockbuster wine, then this isn't going to do it - you should stick to CA, Rhone, and most of Spain.

Edit: or what Ron said

I am in MN and had some local wines before... some very interesting ones among them. (Brianna - sometimes, a pineapple bomb; a red wine with the most intense cedar flavor ever... not sure if it was Marquette or another variety) - so I am interested in variety. just was cautious about this is 'good' by the high standards most people have here.

So, I like variety.

I also love Spanish wine ;)

andreaserben

and... I beat the turbo countdown...
saw it suddenly at 25%, clicked at 7%, and got 'sold out' directly after the confirmation screen

klezman

andreaserben wrote:and... I beat the turbo countdown...
saw it suddenly at 25%, clicked at 7%, and got 'sold out' directly after the confirmation screen

Well, you are last wooter!
There's nothing contradictory about liking both restrained cool climate wines and bombastic Spanish behemoths. I also like both.

rjquillin

andreaserben wrote:and... I beat the turbo countdown...

Came back for seconds after reading TN's. I hold you personally accountable for the sell out!

CT

andreaserben

rjquillin wrote:Came back for seconds after reading TN's. I hold you personally accountable for the sell out!

I have to pull the stunt to be both first sucker and last wooter to woot on a sellout (or at midnight if it does not sell out).

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
rjquillin wrote:Why, you just got your own!

Yeah, panic'd that it would disappear at 10.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.