0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

This is very cheap for a cab- has the potential to be a great deal.

One of the reviewers on CT mentioned it needing cellaring and then reviewed it again after a whopping 1 month in the cellar. All that time gained it another 2 pts (from 84 to 86!) By this time it should be worth a solid 100 pts.

emeister

quality posts: 19 Private Messages emeister

Blookan bought a set, yet the status bar is still 100%; looks like there's a lot in stock.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Cab ??? Did someone say Cab ????
hell yes in for 2

Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
fredrinaldi wrote:Cab ??? Did someone say Cab ????
hell yes in for 2

you didn't buy this before? or if you bought it - how did you like it?

andreaserben

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-60953-2008-argento-reserva-cabernet-sauvignon-mendoza-argentina
seems to be approximately market price, other vintages were found for $12.95

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/argento-2008-reserva-cabernet-sauvignon-mendoza
quote for Fred:
"Expert Reviews

by Michael Schachner
Atypical on the nose, as air freshener, berry jelly and exotic but odd aromas take over. The palate seems superficial and wholly unusual, with floral blueberry flavors and then an angular, floral finish. Not terrible but doesn’t seem much like Cabernet."

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Argento Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendoza Argentina 4-Pack
$49.99
2008 Argento Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon

Previous offer:
4/7/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

fredrinaldi

andreaserben wrote:you didn't buy this before? or if you bought it - how did you like it?

No haven't bought it before, but hey Man it's a Cab for what $12 bucks a bottle? free shipping, m fedex guys gonna be busy in two weeks

loveladyelectric

The reviews I've read indicate that

1. This price is not a "deal." The prices indicated everywhere are $12.95/bottle. Unless this wine is very low production and hard to find (which is almost definitely not the case) then you can find it elsewhere for cheaper.

2. This wine is not very good.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
fredrinaldi wrote:No haven't bought it before, but hey Man it's a Cab for what $12 bucks a bottle? free shipping, m fedex guys gonna be busy in two weeks

But... you said you were in for one back in April of 2012. (I was just looking at old discussions to see if anybody had tasting notes.)

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4947156

bunnyh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64
fredrinaldi wrote:No haven't bought it before, but hey Man it's a Cab for what $12 bucks a bottle? free shipping, m fedex guys gonna be busy in two weeks

Agreed .. So far we are in for three wines and one chocolate. Our FedEx Fround guy already thinks we need home-dialysis. Looks like we're adding this to the day as well.

loveladyelectric

You might make sure you've not lost some in that impressive moustache of yours. Your comments from the last offering suggest you might have bit.

andreaserben

loveladyelectric wrote:You might make sure you've not lost some in that impressive moustache of yours. Your comments from the last offering suggest you might have bit.

that's what I was thinking and hoping for woot-community tasting notes

moondigger

It turns out it doesn't matter what tasting notes exist... because this is one of those (extremely) rare no-NY-shipping deals. Can't recall the last time I saw one of those.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Bought this before. Good cab but lots of sediment.

andreaserben

loveladyelectric wrote:The reviews I've read indicate that

1. This price is not a "deal." The prices indicated everywhere are $12.95/bottle. Unless this wine is very low production and hard to find (which is almost definitely not the case) then you can find it elsewhere for cheaper.

2. This wine is not very good.

Mostly agree from what I read, though the $12.95 seems to be for the 2010 vintage?... production is 2500 cases based on Wine Enthusiast, not very low production, but on the lower end for Argentina.

I am used to decent Argentinian Cabs often selling for less than $8 at bargain shops in Europe.

So, not convinced unless someone can attest that this is awesome juice. Might do a split though because I am curious.

rxmurphy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rxmurphy

Crap! No shipping to Georgia!

fredrinaldi

OK, Damn I got too much wine found two bottles, opened one and at first taste its got legs, deep color, nice taste no after bite, will let sit a while for further taste, what ever got 8 more on their way, the only Cab I won't buy again is Copa Del Rey Chilean Cab and Maybe Dignus, the rest were excellent, looking for some White Oak 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case and Tasi Merlot for da wife.

andreaserben

fredrinaldi wrote:OK, Damn I got too much wine found two bottles, opened one and at first taste its got legs, deep color, nice taste no after bite, will let sit a while for further taste, what ever got 8 more on their way, the only Cab I won't buy again is Copa Del Rey Chilean Cab and Maybe Dignus, the rest were excellent, looking for some White Oak 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case and Tasi Merlot for da wife.

ok - so it is FredRinaldi - CabMan -approved

yeah, was really disappointed about Copa del Rey
And yes - the "White Oak 2006" mixed-case coming back would be a few major holidays together

andreaserben

lol, was just about to pull the trigger - and they reduced it from 60% to 0%?!

moondigger

andreaserben wrote:lol, was just about to pull the trigger - and they reduced it from 60% to 0%?!

Yeah, no way it actually sold out that quickly. Maybe they'll bring it back for another woot-off.

ignoredobsessional

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ignoredobsessional
fredrinaldi wrote:OK, Damn I got too much wine found two bottles, opened one and at first taste its got legs, deep color, nice taste no after bite, will let sit a while for further taste, what ever got 8 more on their way, the only Cab I won't buy again is Copa Del Rey Chilean Cab and Maybe Dignus, the rest were excellent, looking for some White Oak 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot Case and Tasi Merlot for da wife.

Amen Fred!!!
White oak <3

fredrinaldi

ignoredobsessional wrote:Amen Fred!!!
White oak <3

Right there with ya Ignored, white Oak is da bomb

fredrinaldi

andreaserben wrote:ok - so it is FredRinaldi - CabMan -approved

yeah, was really disappointed about Copa del Rey
And yes - the "White Oak 2006" mixed-case coming back would be a few major holidays together

Oh ya were so on this together.