0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2781 Private Messages lichme

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen

The legendary Cavedoni Balsamic makes an appearance! I'm still sitting on 2 bottles or I'd be in for more. It's every bit as delicious as people say it is.

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04

I never could bring myself to buy a small bottle of $45 balsamic. However, now I'm rethinking it. Recently I had a balsamic martini which consists of muddled strawberries, drizzled with aged balsamic and topped with vodka. Was fairly tasty and I've been looking for a nice balsamic to make them at home.

hmmmmm

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989
chipgreen wrote:The legendary Cavedoni Balsamic makes an appearance! I'm still sitting on 2 bottles or I'd be in for more. It's every bit as delicious as people say it is.

I was in the same boat, but 1 bottle is almost done for, so I had to go in for 1. Hard to imagine not having it around at this point.

It's my only non-wine autobuy.

CT

blinkylights

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blinkylights

Can't believe this comes up while I'm holding a fidgety baby and can't go check the strategic reserve stockpile.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I bought this last time based on everybody's comments. I haven't opened it yet because I'm trying to use up other stuff first. So, I'm letting it "age" a bit more.

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

You guys should probably not buy it, since I've just alerted all of my friends that it's on a woot-off and it sells out quickly anyway. Give them a chance to check their messages and try to get a bottle.

I know I already bought the max # before coming in here to look at the comments.

Oh, and if you DO buy it, don't forget the (now standard) Cyradia warning...fruit flies LOVE this stuff. Don't store it with the "pourer" in it once the weather warms. You'll come back to a bottle of dead flies. Stupid flies not reading the adage about honey and vinegar.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

I have 3/4 bottle left... hmmm will this be offered during christmas??? mmmmm what to do?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Flies? I guess I was clever to put a bit of plastic wrap over the pour straw. ;-)

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

alfisti13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alfisti13

No flies on me...in for 2! Going to make homemade Margherita pizza and this tops it off like nothing else!

We have been in many wine libraries with no books, yet so very much to learn...

bigbear83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigbear83

After falling in love after taking a chance last time (and being out for over a month)...definitely in for two!

XterraGuy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages XterraGuy

Love this stuff. I've got a bottle I've hardly touched though, so I'm not in on this one.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Just ran out from the last offer - perfect timing WD! In for at least one, considering two.

kane968

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kane968

I absolutely hate when a WO doesn't coincide with my paycheck.

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
ckeilah wrote:Flies? I guess I was clever to put a bit of plastic wrap over the pour straw. ;-)

Same here, sealed with a rubber band.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Need a gift? This is a great gift. +1 for me, +1 for ???

maggiecain

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maggiecain

Here's hoping my DH forgives me for spending another $80 on balsamic vinegar. We still have over a bottle from the last woot-off, but it's not like it goes bad.

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

I stocked up on this last time, so more for everyone else now. Drizzle on sliced fresh ripe tomatoes with some good quality olive oil, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and cilantro. I could eat an entire plate for dinner.

imanotherstory

quality posts: 8 Private Messages imanotherstory

Ah hubby will like this

chrisdd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdd

I checked out the comments hoping to see that it wasn't worth the money. *sigh* In for 2.

brle10415

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brle10415

Like several others, I trusted the great Woot members and all their comments and bought on this last time. WOW! Not a single regret. In for another, even though we still have quite a bit. A little bit goes a long way. How about recipe ideas from others?

ceagee

quality posts: 62 Private Messages ceagee
ckeilah wrote:Flies? I guess I was clever to put a bit of plastic wrap over the pour straw. ;-)

Can't it be kept in the fridge ?

kane968

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kane968
maggiecain wrote:Here's hoping my DH forgives me for spending another $80 on balsamic vinegar. We still have over a bottle from the last woot-off, but it's not like it goes bad.

What's it gonna do, turn to vinegar?

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

It's my favorite snack with a perfect sharp cheddar and really tart, crisp green apples. Down to less than half a bottle. Perfect timing!

Dadoboy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Dadoboy

OK... I got 2 bottles last time. And indeed it is yummy... BUT what the heck do you put it on? I heard strawberries, and ice cream... but what else? I don't like strawberries, and need more than just ice cream to put it on.

jchasma

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jchasma

Believe it or not, but this goes great with pork chops! I use it with garlic and evoo as seasoning before I grill or pan&oven cook it. Delicious.

brle10415 wrote:Like several others, I trusted the great Woot members and all their comments and bought on this last time. WOW! Not a single regret. In for another, even though we still have quite a bit. A little bit goes a long way. How about recipe ideas from others?

tdedek

ceagee wrote:Can't it be kept in the fridge ?

I don't know about keeping it in the fridge, due to it's syrupy consistency. Would be concerned about sugars solidifying, possible changes in taste, etc. I would keep it at room temp, in a cabinet or pantry with the pour spout in a small ziploc or a piece of plastic wrap.

Love this stuff, free shipping unlocked. Bring on the next one!

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

1 bottle left - nice timing to buy another.

tdedek

Dadoboy wrote:OK... I got 2 bottles last time. And indeed it is yummy... BUT what the heck do you put it on? I heard strawberries, and ice cream... but what else? I don't like strawberries, and need more than just ice cream to put it on.

Salads, pizza, tomatoes, great with cheese/fruit/meat plates. Depending on how it is prepared, could be use to finish various grilled/broiled meats. Can be used in many different sauces, though I prefer to let this stuff shine on its own as much as possible. Many possibilities, a lot of recipes online to gather ideas from as well.

jmdavidson

ceagee wrote:Can't it be kept in the fridge ?

No need to. Put a cork in it.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
Dadoboy wrote:OK... I got 2 bottles last time. And indeed it is yummy... BUT what the heck do you put it on? I heard strawberries, and ice cream... but what else? I don't like strawberries, and need more than just ice cream to put it on.

Cheese, Goat Cheese...

CT

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

If you cook, then you use it when recipes call for balsamic vinegar. This is where most of our bottles are used up. Tons of sauces and marinades benefit from this stuff.

If you're looking to use it as a condiment, the classics would be:

Drizzled over strawberries (I know, you don't like)

Oil/vinegar salad dressing (this is especially great in salad with fruit and/or candied pecans)

Drizzled into a small dish of olive oil (flavored if you want to be fancy) and served with warm fresh bread. Dip bread into olive oil/vinegar mix.

If you're doing a light pasta or pre-stuffed raviolis (like the different flavors Trader Joe's sells) you can skip the sauce and just sprinkle some oil and this vinegar on it.

jmdavidson

tdedek wrote:Salads, pizza, tomatoes, great with cheese/fruit/meat plates. depending on how it is prepared, could be use to finish various grilled/broiled meats. Can be used in many different sauces, though I prefer to let this stuff shine on its own as much as possible. Many possibilities, a lot of recipes online to gather ideas from as well.

Bruschetta with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Salmon...

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

Just straight up with fresh bread - yum!

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

I use it when making my vinaigrette for salads (or just drizzle it over the salad itself). It works well when glazing things such as chicken, fish, or mushrooms. I also use it when marinating meats (balsamic, garlic, and a splash of soy = delicious!) Experiment a little, you might be surprised!

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

Oh you evil people. After reading these comments, I bought another bottle.

ceagee

jmdavidson wrote:No need to. Put a cork in it.

Thanks. I got one to try-- squeaked in with just a few left !

ceagee

tdedek wrote:I don't know about keeping it in the fridge, due to it's syrupy consistency. Would be concerned about sugars solidifying, possible changes in taste, etc. I would keep it at room temp, in a cabinet or pantry with the pour spout in a small ziploc or a piece of plastic wrap.

Love this stuff, free shipping unlocked. Bring on the next one!

Thanks for the tips ! Got one.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
Cyradia wrote:If you cook, then you use it when recipes call for balsamic vinegar. This is where most of our bottles are used up. Tons of sauces and marinades benefit from this stuff.

If you're looking to use it as a condiment, the classics would be:

Drizzled over strawberries (I know, you don't like)

Oil/vinegar salad dressing (this is especially great in salad with fruit and/or candied pecans)

Drizzled into a small dish of olive oil (flavored if you want to be fancy) and served with warm fresh bread. Dip bread into olive oil/vinegar mix.

If you're doing a light pasta or pre-stuffed raviolis (like the different flavors Trader Joe's sells) you can skip the sauce and just sprinkle some oil and this vinegar on it.

Also as a "marinade" for steaks. Don't use a lot, you're wasting it if you do; in just drizzle a small amount, conservatively but making sure to get decent coverage, then salt and pepper the steak once it is absorbed. Wait 30, the flip and repeat.