2009 *%#&@! Red Rhone Blend
2009 River of Skulls
2010 *%#&@!
CT links above

Winery website

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

delete

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

I had the 2010, tasted corked to me tho

Neal K Bharadwaj

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

Phew, already have a couple bottles each of the 2010 Potty Mouth and 2009 River of Skulls. I can (and must) pass on this. WD, I hope the Braganini isn't up this woot-off. No room!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CruelMelody

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CruelMelody

Was a member of their wine club for about a year, and had the privilege to share all of these wines with friends! tempted to go in even though I have a few laying around still (this price is TWICE as good as club discount)

cortot20

quality posts: 132 Private Messages cortot20

Very tempted but have no room for these and more importantly no money.

CT

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben
klezman wrote:Phew, already have a couple bottles each of the 2010 Potty Mouth and 2009 River of Skulls. I can (and must) pass on this. WD, I hope the Braganini isn't up this woot-off. No room!

So... good? Bad?... edited: never mind wooted 2

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

OK. Now that we know some of you either have it or have tasted it, what are the reviews please? We love Rhone blends so very interested if these are worthy of breaking the SIWBM.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
time2testit wrote:OK. Now that we know some of you either have it or have tasted it, what are the reviews please? We love Rhone blends so very interested if these are worthy of breaking the SIWBM.

I have had past vintages of the potty mouth and found it to be a very good GSM. Never tried river of skulls but have always wanted to given how interesting Mourvèdre is and the rave reviews RoS gets on the back boards

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

zspider

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zspider

I live in murphys where this winery is located, at least their tasting room. I know the wine maker. These reds are superb. Especially the 2009,surprised they have any left to sell here. The river of skulls is a deep, suck your face and doesnt let go red. You will not be disappointed.
chris

hokiedevil

quality posts: 9 Private Messages hokiedevil

In.. love the other Twisted Oaks we have tried.

What's up with tax being tacked on? That seems new.

sagecookie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sagecookie

Shouldn't spend the money but I am very tempted.....

andreaserben

off-topic: weird, if I post the letter "n 0 0 b" all strung together (no space) instead of a geeky way to say "newbie" it displays "average bear" in this forum? what gives?
testing:
n0-0b, n0_0b, average bear, average bear
(the third and fourth thing I wrote is "no-ob" or "n0-0b" without the "-")

dalematthew

quality posts: 21 Private Messages dalematthew

We were at the winery up on the hill on the weekend. Had a lovely picnic with friends looking out over valley (and could still see the snow on the mountains in the distance).

I've always enjoyed the 2009 Potty Mouth - dig the blueberry I get up front (although I normally prefer the Scott Harvey old world style). The 2010 struck me as different - person doing the tasting describe it as more balanced - with less fruit up front. River of Skulls is always a wine club member favorite - normally a quick sell out.

Said hello to Jeff down at the other tasting room in Murphys earlier in the day for the Irish Days parade. Fun day - the friends we visited the winery with signed up for the wine club - fun place to taste with normally 8-10 wines to sample.

I'm in for 3.

emeister

quality posts: 19 Private Messages emeister
andreaserben wrote:off-topic: weird, if I post the letter "n 0 0 b" all strung together (no space) instead of a geeky way to say "newbie" it displays "average bear" in this forum? what gives?
testing:
n0-0b, n0_0b, average bear, average bear
(the third and fourth thing I wrote is "no-ob" or "n0-0b" without the "-")

woot has an automatic word filter that inserts alternate words for anything inappropriate or trite.

andreaserben

emeister wrote:woot has an automatic word filter that inserts alternate words for anything inappropriate or trite.

hmmz the alternate for of 'newbie' on a word filter list? interesting

renofett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renofett

That red skull is sooooo reminiscent of the Venture Bros. Skull I am tempted to buy it...

andreaserben

renofett wrote:That red skull is sooooo reminiscent of the Venture Bros. Skull I am tempted to buy it...

do it, it is good juice and only about 30 packs left it seems

jcarlton03

quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Unfair for east coast. Sad face.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!