Bnoveck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bnoveck

Hello World,

Wondering what the level of interest would be in a derby for jewelry.

1) Concepts, sketches, tech sheets are sent in, voted on.
2) The winners are sampled, refined, approved.
3) A fine piece of jewelry is ready for your wearing

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
Bnoveck wrote:Hello World,

Jewelry design sounds waaaaay more complicated than shirt design or a Photoshop contest.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
Bnoveck wrote:Hello World,

The longer production time would make it difficult to maintain interest. It's hard to mass produce rings, for example. Plus, with jewelry, you have a limited audience, since many items of jewelry are more gender specific.

I think it would be cool, but very much a niche market. It's a very different skill set to create jewelry than to create a cool image.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Bnoveck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bnoveck
Mavyn wrote:The longer production time would make it difficult to maintain interest. It's hard to mass produce rings, for example. Plus, with jewelry, you have a limited audience, since many items of jewelry are more gender specific.

I think it would be cool, but very much a niche market. It's a very different skill set to create jewelry than to create a cool image.

Thanks for the feedback. Understood on all points, issues that i've thought of as well.

I was thinking a derby (community voting) would be able to give an item some more mass appeal, but it would take some vision to see what a piece would look like based on a tech sheet.

Time to market is definitely a concern, but woot delivery is promised up to 100 days (which is usually much shorter), which I think could be reachable.

The ability to design the jewelry is indeed a skill, but with the creations that i've seen on woot! and with some direction as to the specifications needed to sample something, I think a good ole college try could be in order.