MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

It's almost time for March Madness!!

The teams get picked on Sunday (17th) and the games start on Thursday (21st). So don't forget to make your picks by Wednesday evening!

Join in the Madness!

Edit: Deadline to submit your bracket is 12:15pm EDT on Thursday, March 21.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Last year's thread.

Can Twenty/Twelve repeat? Will WD and zmanonice remember to enter their picks this time? Prior to being locked out?

Will Polarbear & Tenuki fight it out for last place again?

Tune in next week to find out the answers!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

Think I was tied for last in the College Bowl Pick'em so I might be able to give PB and tenuki a run for their money....

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Speaking of money...there should be money involved here!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Speaking of money...there should be money involved here!

Fine. Paypal me $5,000 right away.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Is there a way to add more than one bracket?

edit: filled out another bracket. What's the password to add it to the wootwineaux group?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Is there a way to add more than one bracket?

edit: filled out another bracket. What's the password to add it to the wootwineaux group?

wineaux2012

MarkDaSpark

Don't forget that Brackets need to be fully filled out (and saved!) before tomorrow morning.

Recommend you finish them by tonight!!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Joined, should do much better this year without Texas homerism to mess me up

CT

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

OK, my team is in. Seeing how I haven't really followed the NCAA this year, I'm counting on blind luck as providing my only chance.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

In! but it's always just blind luck with my picks..

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

MarkDaSpark

Less than 12 hours to get your bracket completed. Don't wait til the last minute to finish it, just in case you have a problem.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Finally got mine in...and I'm also making a run for last place. I used Odds/Evens for picking the winner, all the way throughout.
I'll probably have last place locked in after the first round...since my picks have more than 75% being upsets.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

8 minutes left!

Edit: Hopefully WD remembered to fill out his bracket this year!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

It's that time of year again -- before actual work could steal back my attention, post-Wootoff, here comes the next great distractor! As ever, my picks are based on little actual knowledge of college hoops (apart from what I've learned doing the brackets every year). Instead, I glean my picks from various pundits, which occasionally even turns out to be a winning strategy. Go Kentucky! (Er...what's that? They're not even in the tournament? Never mind!!!)

otolith

Won't let me add my bracket. Seems that the commissioner has it set so you can only have one bracket in the group. So, we'll see how my 10yo son does against you guys.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
otolith wrote:Won't let me add my bracket. Seems that the commissioner has it set so you can only have one bracket in the group. So, we'll see how my 10yo son does against you guys.

Yahoo won't let you add brackets after the tip-off...

otolith

InFrom wrote:Yahoo won't let you add brackets after the tip-off...

Bracket is done, just can't seem to add it to the group, since the group only lets one bracket per person.

--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Go Oregon! Up by 11 at the half, and they were my one 12-over-5 pick!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Won't let me add my bracket. Seems that the commissioner has it set so you can only have one bracket in the group. So, we'll see how my 10yo son does against you guys.

Well, it's only fair!

tenuki

Guess I was wrong about escaping homerism, picked St. Mary's since they're like 8 miles away

CT

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Oregon upset predicted, wish Davidson pulled it out as well.

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, it's only fair!

I guess I could have registered him separately. He has his own email account. Plus, I'd rather have him embarrass all of yous.

--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

And I'm well on my way to securing last place.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And I'm well on my way to securing last place.

You've secured it. Unbelievably. I've never seen a bracket with so much red in it.

And for everyone (and giving HaK a chance to double down on bad picks), I created the 2nd Chance Pick'ems. You should all have emails for it. Same name and PW as for initial, but it's under the 2nd Chance group.

Deadline to submit your bracket is 7:15pm EDT on Thursday, March 28.

MarkDaSpark

Don't forget that your 2nd Chance picks are due tomorrow by 7:15 EDT (4:15 PDT).

tenuki

MarkDaSpark wrote:Don't forget that your 2nd Chance picks are due tomorrow by 7:15 EDT (4:15 PDT).

I can't believe how wonderfully awful my bracket is. The one year I finally kinda follow the chalk is the year with possibly the most upsets ever

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:I can't believe how wonderfully awful my bracket is. The one year I finally kinda follow the chalk is the year with possibly the most upsets ever

Tell me about it!!

At least you did better this year!

otolith

My bracket would be in 2nd place right now!

--John Muir

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

No one need worry, Michigan will prevail

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT