neilfindswine

quality posts: 167 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Unfortunately, it looks as though my travels are being delayed by a day, so I'm afraid I'm going to need to shelve this one till my next So Cal trip. Apologies...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
neilfindswine wrote:Tuesday April 2nd, in Hollyweird.

So, it turns out I'm visiting my old stomping grounds to visit Mom and tidy up some unfinished bidness.

In the process, I'm planning on parking myself on a stool at an old favorite eatery/wine bar in Hollywood, so If you're in the LA area and have a Tuesday night free, to taste wine, please join me.

I'll have some wine in my satchel to taste and take notes on, and barring any surprises winemaker Victor Abascal from Vines on the Marycrest in Paso Robles will be in attendance. The eatery has waived their corkage fee for this gathering, so what the heck.

Bah! We're meeting at tytyger's place in Thousand Oaks on March 30th! Go there.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

loveladyelectric wrote:Bah! We're meeting at tytyger's place in Thousand Oaks on March 30th! Go there.

I KNOW....! If I could get down there earlier I would, but family, schedules, blah blah blah. I wish I could.

rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
neilfindswine wrote:I KNOW....! If I could get down there earlier I would, but family, schedules, blah blah blah. I wish I could.

Acceptable timing? Not!
pm

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Man those socal guys whine a lot!!!

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
loveladyelectric wrote:Bah! We're meeting at tytyger's place in Thousand Oaks on March 30th! Go there.

Sherman Oaks not Thousand Oaks...:roll eyes:

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tytiger58

So, it turns out I'm visiting my old stomping grounds to visit Mom and tidy up some unfinished bidness.

In the process, I'm planning on parking myself on a stool at an old favorite eatery/wine bar in Hollywood, so If you're in the LA area and have a Tuesday night free, to taste wine, please join me.

I'll have some wine in my satchel to taste and take notes on, and barring any surprises winemaker Victor Abascal from Vines on the Marycrest in Paso Robles will be in attendance. The eatery has waived their corkage fee for this gathering, so what the heck.

Hmmm what time, you know some of us actually have to work for a living, while others work at sipping wine all day for pay...yea jealous!

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tytiger58 wrote:Hmmm what time, you know some of us actually have to work for a living, while others work at sipping wine all day for pay...yea jealous!

...it's hard work sipping wine all day. The carpal-tunnel of the lips can be painful...

I'm thinking 5:30-6pm till 8:30-9pm?

tytiger58

neilfindswine wrote:...it's hard work sipping wine all day. The carpal-tunnel of the lips can be painful...

Shoot me an address I will sacrifice my liver to taste more wine

you want me to bring a bottle??

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tytiger58 wrote:Shoot me an address I will sacrifice my liver to taste more wine

...There will be spit buckets... (Isn't that a movie title?)

rjquillin

neilfindswine wrote:...There will be spit buckets... (Isn't that a movie title?)

Just noticed, when did your sig change?

CT

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Just noticed, when did your sig change?

...every now and then I evolve.... keepin you on your toes!

tytiger58

neilfindswine wrote:...There will be spit buckets... (Isn't that a movie title?)

Sorry I don't spit on Tuesday nights

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tytiger58 wrote:Sorry I don't spit on Tuesday nights

I respect your values; spitting is optional, and you're welcome to bring a bottle. Truly sorry I can't join you in Thousand Oaks on Saturday.

tytiger58

neilfindswine wrote:I respect your values; spitting is optional, and you're welcome to bring a bottle. Truly sorry I can't join you in Thousand Oaks on Saturday.

That's it, one more crack about Thousand Oaks and I will bring the 2006 Château de Beaucastel I have been wanting to try Tuesday night is as good as any right??

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tytiger58 wrote:That's it, one more crack about Thousand Oaks and I will bring the 2006 Château de Beaucastel I have been wanting to try Tuesday night is as good as any right??

Thousand Oaks, Thousand Oaks, Thousand Oaks. Ok. You win. Bring the Beaucastel.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 174 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

I'll have some wine in my satchel to taste and take notes on, and barring any surprises winemaker Victor Abascal from Vines on the Marycrest in Paso Robles will be in attendance (with some of his wine). The eatery has waived their corkage fee for this gathering, so what the heck.

Shoot me the PM on where ... Free wine, always time!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
neilfindswine wrote:...it's hard work sipping wine all day. The carpal-tunnel of the lips can be painful...

Won't be able to make it that early, but could probably get there around 7-7:30 on a weeknight up to HW. It's hard to get out of the office before 6:30-7pm!

Actually, now that I think about it, we've got enough wineaux at the office I might be able to convince them to have a happy hour on site if the wine just happened to show up!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

klezman wrote:Won't be able to make it that early, but could probably get there around 7-7:30 on a weeknight up to HW. It's hard to get out of the office before 6:30-7pm!

Actually, now that I think about it, we've got enough wineaux at the office I might be able to convince them to have a happy hour on site if the wine just happened to show up!

....I know it's a work night, and acknowledging LA traffic, 7-7:30 is a perfectly acceptable time to arrive, and work friends are welcome as long as they like wine. If you think you/they can make it, just give me a head count so I make sure there are enough chairs, glasses and spit cups...

rjquillin

neilfindswine wrote:....I know it's a work night, and acknowledging LA traffic, 7-7:30 is a perfectly acceptable time to arrive, and work friends are welcome as long as they like wine. If you think you/they can make it, just give me a head count so I make sure there are enough chairs, glasses and spit cups...

I know why I reside in SD, but times like these almost make we want to move back up to Tujunga.

CT

redhead11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages redhead11

Time2testit and I are very interested...Especially since Passover is over at sundown. Where in Hollywood is this going to be taking place?

MarkDaSpark

redhead11 wrote:Time2testit and I are very interested...Especially since Passover is over at sundown. Where in Hollywood is this going to be taking place?

I believe it's not far from K&L Wines. Neil will probably PM you the address.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:I believe it's not far from K&L Wines. Neil will probably PM you the address.

and I did.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

I've actually updated the first post with the location- all are welcome, but I'll look to this posting to see who's coming and will include that in the first post next week in order to keep a head count and ensure enough chairs....

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

bump- added the list of attendees to the top- if I put you in the wrong category, or if you want to be added, lemme know....

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

Dang nabbit, Neil!

I go back to Denver the day before.

Any chance you've been able to convince WD that you need to attend a "foreign" gathering in Denver?

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Dang nabbit, Neil!

I go back to Denver the day before.

Any chance you've been able to convince WD that you need to attend a "foreign" gathering in Denver?

I am not picking you up from there!!

Edit: No chance of calling in sick?

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:I am not picking you up from there!!

Edit: No chance of calling in sick?

joel.. just stay a couple of extra days- and believe me, if it weren't for my anniversary on the 7th, I'd be figuring out how to get to Denver!

rjquillin

neilfindswine wrote:joel.. just stay a couple of extra days- and believe me, if it weren't for my anniversary on the 7th, I'd be figuring out how to get to Denver!

You NEED to do this on the 30th!
Just come on down a day or so earlier.
No excuses, we'll all be there, it's already set up...

CT

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:You NEED to do this on the 30th!
Just come on down a day or so earlier.
No excuses, we'll all be there, it's already set up...

Or... You all need to enjoy the 30th, and then come out on Tuesday and do it again!!

(I would love to be there; tax appt locked at the end of the week, and can't be away from the homestead that long... my wife taking care of the 4 year old for a whole week=mutiny...)

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Bump. Looking forward to some vino in my ol' hometown...

MarkDaSpark

neilfindswine wrote:Bump. Looking forward to some vino in my ol' hometown...

Or were you just jealous from the other SoCal threads being bumped?

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Or were you just jealous from the other SoCal threads being bumped?

less jealous, more frustrated that I can't change my schedule and attend Saturday's event!

rjquillin

neilfindswine wrote:less jealous, more frustrated that I can't change my schedule and attend Saturday's event!

You are doing your taxes on, Saturday!?
Evening?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:You are doing your taxes on, Saturday!?
Evening?

Probably a Friday appt. with CPA, and then he's got to drive down. And he has a mini-SWMBO'd as well as SWMBO.

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

MarkDaSpark wrote:Probably a Friday appt. with CPA, and then he's got to drive down. And he has a mini-SWMBO'd as well as SWMBO.

you are correct sir!

tytiger58

neilfindswine wrote:you are correct sir!

Just one mini?? slacker

neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

Bumpin this to announce postponement. Trip delayed by a day; we'll do it on my next trip down south.

MarkDaSpark

neilfindswine wrote:Bumpin this to announce postponement. Trip delayed by a day; we'll do it on my next trip down south.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit