WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever turned away wine after the waiter pours the first small taste?
  • 37.7% - Yes 332
  • 62.3% - No 548
880 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

Always, I order it so that I can send it back.

CT

voodooaddict

quality posts: 0 Private Messages voodooaddict

Rarely... a bottle will come out vinegar. Cork or other storage problem at some point during the bottle's life.

Personally, I've only had it happen once. They just brought another bottle of the same vintage, second was fine.

bacalum

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bacalum

Similar to Voodoo. Despite the swirling, sniffing, feeling, tasting routine, I've only had one bad bottle. It was at a restaurant in Las Vegas many, many years ago. I was surprised, and the sommelier seemed quite surprised, when he checked, to learn I was right. Yes, I got a new bottle, which was just fine.

When rich or powerful people propose a change, it is designed to make them richer or more powerful.

sbudnic1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sbudnic1

I've sent one back because it was skunky and brought 2 back to the store for the same reason. I've ordered wines I haven't enjoyed that much but assume it's my own fault, just like thinking the dinner I ordered would probably be good and ending up thinking "meh", not because it was prepared inexpertly, just because I didn't end up liking the flavours. It happens. But I don't make other people pay for my choices.

If a food (or wine) is BAD somehow, though, or brought to me in a way which I didn't order, I'll send it back - like anchovies on my salad when I specifically said none. And don't try to scrape it off, either, make me a new one.

Interesting poll, to me.