rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, we were in their WINE tasting room!

I don't remember seeing it around there, nor them mentioning it at all.

Luckily, Hi-Time (a favorite) has them. Next time I'm there, want me to grab you one?

Edit: Although, I seem to remember Jim R. mentioning it, either after last year's D&D visit or during our visit in July after the RPM tour.

I see they are listed in Cutler CA, not Livermore, but the 'contact us' link directs to Telsa.
Sure, that'd be great, tnx.

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, there's the Easy Recipes for our boy HAK started in 2008 (5 year anniversary anyone?) when HaK moved into a Condo. We won't mention it was after 30 years of living at Mom & Dad's. (oops! )

There seems to be some recipe threads in the Everything but Woot tab ... sadly, you have some juvies posting in between the recipes.

Recipe Exchange IV - Beef

Recipe Exchange III - Chicken - with links to the first two exchanges. And TT posted there in 2007!!!

And of course, ddeuddeg has his heavenly Cheesecake Cookbook recipe link in his sig here.

Great reference for one lacking the history of the real old-timers.
Hoping some of the recent recipes can be added, hint hint.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
trifecta wrote:Technically they didn't/don't have the right license to pour it. We did however get to try a snip last year. They told us where you could buy it right around the corner.

Jim Ryan is a great guy. He no longer manages the estate for Concannon though, which is a huge loss for them. Not sure the nature of the split, but that and the terrible member experience that we have there now has caused me to cancel.

When RJ and I were just there, they've cut back on items in the tasting room. And the restaurant is now where we tasted then.

Members tasting room is on the right side as you head in, but is only open on weekends.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

spring break is over..
back to work tomorrow.... Son came home today from his competition.... general consensus is his team got screwed... oh well, he still gets to go to nationals....

What wine goes best with corned beef?

mommadeb1

anyone heard of Timeless Wines?

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
mommadeb1 wrote:spring break is over..
back to work tomorrow.... Son came home today from his competition.... general consensus is his team got screwed... oh well, he still gets to go to nationals....

What wine goes best with corned beef?

Manischewitz Medium Dry Concord [g]

Edit: That's a joke, just in case anyone thought I was serious )

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk
mother wrote:Manischewitz Medium Dry Concord [g]

Um. that's a sick joke.

Tempranillo/Rioja maybe?

mommadeb1

joelsisk wrote:Um. that's a sick joke.

Tempranillo/Rioja maybe?

mmm....I have one twisted temp. left.....

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:What wine goes best with corned beef?

Not wine. Irish Cream Soda. (aka Guinness.)

Pre-dinner I am trying a Bourbon cask aged stout that clocks in at 15%. I think one will be enough.

EDIT: Goose Island 2012 Bourbon County Stout. Yep, vintage. This is really, really good. Very highly rated (100 in some publications). If you like Bourbon or Imperial Stout, you must try.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Not wine. Irish Cream Soda. (aka Guinness.)

Pre-dinner I am trying a Bourbon cask aged stout that clocks in at 15%. I think one will be enough.

ewwww beer!!

polarbear22

mommadeb1 wrote:Yeaahh beer!!

LMFTFY, damn autocorrect.

I just can't think of wine with corned beef. Let me know how it goes.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:LMFTFY, damn autocorrect.

I just can't think of wine with corned beef. Let me know how it goes.

I ended up with Fitch Mountain Cellars 2009 cab. not to bad..

polarbear22

Jack Daniels glazed corned beef. (She made two, and we ate half of one. So another meal, sandwiches and corned beef hash coming.) And colcannon and honey-butter carrots. Need time to recover before the Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.

Maybe a shot of Redbreast or Concannon Irish Whiskey.

My Cellar

bahwm

quality posts: 24 Private Messages bahwm
polarbear22 wrote:Jack Daniels glazed corned beef. (She made two, and we ate half of one. So another meal, sandwiches and corned beef hash coming.) And colcannon and honey-butter carrots. Need time to recover before the Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.

Oooooo! Redbreast! I haven't had that in a dog's age!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:Oooooo! Redbreast! I haven't had that in a dog's age!

Get d-dog to make the cupcakes. You'll love them.

My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

corned beef and cabbage, nope, homemade pizza yes. twp peps, one linguica, one chicken pesto.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

bhodilee wrote:corned beef and cabbage, nope, homemade pizza yes. twp peps, one linguica, one chicken pesto.

yumm homemade pizza!! care to share your crust recipe?

mommadeb1

polarbear22 wrote:Jack Daniels glazed corned beef. (She made two, and we ate half of one. So another meal, sandwiches and corned beef hash coming.) And colcannon and honey-butter carrots. Need time to recover before the Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes.

mom, made the car bomb cupcakes... or something similar... yummy!!

bhodilee

mommadeb1 wrote:yumm homemade pizza!! care to share your crust recipe?

Sure, you go to the kick ass Italian bakery by your house and give them a buck and they give you a huge ball of dough that will make five 8 inch personal pizzas. You can roll it incredibly thin. For the price, I don't even bother to try to make it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother
bhodilee wrote: You can roll it incredibly thin. For the price, I don't even bother to try to make it.

I mean you don't gotta toss it, but to roll it out? Cafone! ;)

bhodilee

mother wrote:

I usually do toss the dough, but yesterday it was just easier to grab the pin and roll. The kids were up on chairs "helping" me so I can only imagine how badly trying to toss the dough would have gone. I always figured you for a right tosser though!

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg

I've never been able to wrap my head around the idea of colcannon, although I enjoy the individual
components. I will check out those cupcakes, though. The recipe posting sure did unleash a firestorm of criticism. Made our Politicks thread look tame by comparison.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
mother wrote:

Sadly I resemble this remark..... At least I can say I'm not a tosser......right?

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar