UBlink

quality posts: 18 Private Messages UBlink
MarkDaSpark wrote:For the Ublinks ... Happy Pi Day!

Thanks for the thought. Exciting day for the Blink's. The mother of the pi guy just started a new job and the new company celebrates pi day. Nothing like pi to the infinity. Plus friends at her old job sent her pies as well. All good on the pi front.

Edit: That big old pi looks pretty good as the first post of the page.

Following the eight word profile, political economy in eight words:
Ain't no free lunch - them what has gets.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 182 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
cheron98 wrote:Not feeding me makes me angry, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to feed me. I"m sure there was a reason for this one way back probably a few years ago, but I don't remember what it was

Who does? I suspect it wasn't feeding food to you, but something else.

And note, I did state that Anger/Feed were to be interchanged.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

I think its do not feed cheron after midnight,

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest
Itwdswafo wrote:I'll have to get a candle for your cupcake on Saturday!

Looking forward to those cupcakes!

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
kttest wrote:Thanks for the birthday wishes! While I like pie, I prefer cake.

Happy birthday, late though it is! What about mixed pie/cake? e.g. key lime pie with a layer of key lime cheesecake on top?

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:Happy birthday, late though it is! What about mixed pie/cake? e.g. key lime pie with a layer of key lime cheesecake on top?

I just gained 8lbs contemplating this.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

MarkDaSpark

It's almost time for March Madness!

Teams are picked on Sunday, and we have until the games start on Thursday (21st) to make our selections.

Link takes you to the thread, and the initial post has the link to join our group!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

bhodilee wrote:I just gained 8lbs contemplating this.

Then should you contemplate if Cheesecake is really a cake or a pie?

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
klezman wrote:Happy birthday, late though it is! What about mixed pie/cake? e.g. key lime pie with a layer of key lime cheesecake on top?

Like a piecake?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:I think its do not feed cheron after midnight,

But i'm not a gremlin...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

I think you'd need the cheesecake on bottom... too heavy for the key lime pie to support.

cheron98

MarkDaSpark wrote:Who does? I suspect it wasn't feeding food to you, but something else.

And note, I did state that Anger/Feed were to be interchanged.

No, no it still doesn't make sense, as one is a DO, and one is a DO NOT... if you do not feed the octocat, anger will follow. But if you feed the octocat, anger does not follow. And it doesn't work the other way... if you do not anger the octocat...feeding does not necessarily follow, and if you anger...well, not feeding is not necessarily the cause.

They are not interchangeable. Logic dictates thus.

Live long and prosper.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cheron98 wrote:No, no it still doesn't make sense, as one is a DO, and one is a DO NOT... if you do not feed the octocat, anger will follow. But if you feed the octocat, anger does not follow. And it doesn't work the other way... if you do not anger the octocat...feeding does not necessarily follow, and if you anger...well, not feeding is not necessarily the cause.

They are not interchangeable. Logic dictates thus.

Live long and prosper.

Did you run your compiler on that?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

no no no...give me a good pecan pie any day though

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin

chipgreen; pm

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 145 Private Messages cortot20
MarkDaSpark wrote:Then should you contemplate if Cheesecake is really a cake or a pie?

Cheese cake is a separate catagorey as is ice cream cake. And both of those are also vastly superior to regular old cake.

CT

klezman

bhodilee wrote:I just gained 8lbs contemplating this.

That's what I made molarchae for her birthday last year. Delicious.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

cheron98 wrote:I think you'd need the cheesecake on bottom... too heavy for the key lime pie to support.

No, you bake/set the key lime curd first, then bake a second time for the cheesecake layer. Plus I made it as a curd rather than a traditional key lime pie filling with condensed milk.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

Having a great time in Québec! Kids are wonderful! Weather is great! Damn cold but great! A bunch of them are out at the Red Bull Crash Ice skating Tour--with two of the other teachers. Two of us are here at the hotel. Ah!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

Two sick kids. One started to up chuck early this morning & developed a rash on his neck, chest & back. A couple of Benadryl-type product took care of it. Moms were called and boys are resting quietly. I'm concerned about dehydration. Got some ginger ale & saltines for them. If they feel better, the bus will come back for us. In the meantime. I had a nice quiet breakfast overlooking the lower town & the Laurentian Mountains with ski slopes in the distance. Another beautiful day in Québec! 12 degrees at wake up, now 16 with a windchill of 1 degree! Lovin it!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:Another beautiful day in Québec! 12 degrees at wake up, now 16 with a windchill of 1 degree! Lovin it!

You're in Québec and not reporting temps in degrees C! Heresy! I didn't think they even had instrumentation that did that, or did you convert for the masses?

CT

bahwm

rjquillin wrote:You're in Québec and not reporting temps in degrees C! Heresy! I didn't think they even had instrumentation that did that, or did you convert for the masses?

TeeHee! I have my weatherbug app set for degrees Celsius. The numbers wouldn't mean too much to our kids. Although the negative temps might get their attention!

Just went to check on the boys. They must be dead asleep! I've tried two different times about 20 min apart & no answer!

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
bahwm wrote:TeeHee! I have my weatherbug app set for degrees Celsius. The numbers wouldn't mean too much to our kids. Although the negative temps might get their attention!

Just went to check on the boys. They must be dead asleep! I've tried two different times about 20 min apart & no answer!

Amazing how that happens when you give them sleeping pills!

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
bahwm wrote:TeeHee! I have my weatherbug app set for degrees Celsius. The numbers wouldn't mean too much to our kids. Although the negative temps might get their attention!

sorry to hear about the kids..... hope you get to have some fun....

mommadeb1

Back from Orlando.... spent over 13 hours at Magic Kingdom... had trouble with hotel.. long story short didn't get to bed til after 3:30 in the morning!! thank goodness for late check out!!! Then took the girls to the mall and spent another 4+ hours there..... talk about exhausting!! anyway I survived!!
My sons team made the first cut for their project.... find out tonight how they did....

please click.... they updated the boards... she is still in 4th place....

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee

So my friend is bringing over some Pinot Noir tonight and it's not something I drink often because I just don't. What the hell am I gonna have with it? I'm not cooking, no mood. I've got two different good pizza joints available down the street, a burger joint down the street and a place that serves South American food. My stomach says "SOUTH AMERICA!" but what pairs best with Pinot out of the possible choices.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
bhodilee wrote:So my friend is bringing over some Pinot Noir tonight and it's not something I drink often because I just don't. What the hell am I gonna have with it? I'm not cooking, no mood. I've got two different good pizza joints available down the street, a burger joint down the street and a place that serves South American food. My stomach says "SOUTH AMERICA!" but what pairs best with Pinot out of the possible choices.

South American seafood would be an option, like the shrimp. Need something a little lighter for Pinot, so I rule out pizza and burgers. And if you don't like Pinot anyway, don't worry about the match.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

polarbear22

SWMBO is making Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for tomorrow. Guinness in the cupcake batter. Irish Whiskey in the ganache that goes into the center, and a Baileys butter cream frosting.

Heavenly.

Oh, and Jack Daniels glazed corned beef for dinner.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
polarbear22 wrote:SWMBO is making Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for tomorrow. Guinness in the cupcake batter. Irish Whiskey in the ganache that goes into the center, and a Baileys butter cream frosting.

Heavenly.

Can I come over and bring my company? Please? ;)

polarbear22

Sparky, take note.

Concannon Irish Whiskey, mellowed in Petite Sirah barrels. This year's choice for Irish whiskey.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Sparky, take note.

Concannon Irish Whiskey, mellowed in Petite Sirah barrels. This year's choice for Irish whiskey.

bahwm

polarbear22 wrote:SWMBO is making Irish Car Bomb cupcakes for tomorrow. Guinness in the cupcake batter. Irish Whiskey in the ganache that goes into the center, and a Baileys butter cream frosting.

Heavenly.

I want some please!

bahwm

Carp! My wifi timed out! Just posted & it's gone! Another one bit the dust. Stuck at hotel for the evening. The two boys were good to go to the sugar shack. Time for me to catch 20 before the crew gets back!

I did have a very nice dinner at the hotel restaurant and may be able to recoup some of the cost since breakfast & dinner were included in today's activities.

mommadeb1

Heavenly.

what time is dinner? sounds yummy!!

MarkDaSpark

Céad Míle Fáilte

rjquillin

Heavenly.

Pondering the difficulty to get a tab for woww recipes...
Ok just a thread would do.

CT

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:Sparky, take note.

And however did we miss this on the way back from D&D?

CT

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Pondering the difficulty to get a tab for woww recipes...
Ok just a thread would do.

Well, there's the Easy Recipes for our boy HAK started in 2008 (5 year anniversary anyone?) when HaK moved into a Condo. We won't mention it was after 30 years of living at Mom & Dad's. (oops! )

There seems to be some recipe threads in the Everything but Woot tab ... sadly, you have some juvies posting in between the recipes.

Recipe Exchange IV - Beef

Recipe Exchange III - Chicken - with links to the first two exchanges. And TT posted there in 2007!!!

And of course, ddeuddeg has his heavenly Cheesecake Cookbook recipe link in his sig here.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:And however did we miss this on the way back from D&D?

Well, we were in their WINE tasting room!

I don't remember seeing it around there, nor them mentioning it at all.

Luckily, Hi-Time (a favorite) has them. Next time I'm there, want me to grab you one?

Edit: Although, I seem to remember Jim R. mentioning it, either after last year's D&D visit or during our visit in July after the RPM tour.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
MarkDaSpark wrote:
Edit: Although, I seem to remember Jim R. mentioning it, either after last year's D&D visit or during our visit in July after the RPM tour.

Technically they didn't/don't have the right license to pour it. We did however get to try a snip last year. They told us where you could buy it right around the corner.

Jim Ryan is a great guy. He no longer manages the estate for Concannon though, which is a huge loss for them. Not sure the nature of the split, but that and the terrible member experience that we have there now has caused me to cancel.