otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

HI SPARKY!

edit: me, or you!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:sparky, how was jury duty?

Done.

They called one group, then announced a special group for a trial lasting 20 days (more or less) starting April 18th. Anyone self-employed or where the employer didn't pay for those days would be excused. They could leave, and just call in the night before to make sure they needed to still come in then. Not me! Whew!

Lunch, then around 2:30, she announced two groups "G" and "O". She called the roll for both groups. You should be able to guess where this was going. GO home.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Done.

They called one group, then announced a special group for a trial lasting 20 days (more or less) starting April 18th. Anyone self-employed or where the employer didn't pay for those days would be excused. Not me! Whew!

Lunch, then around 2:30, she announced two groups "G" and "O". She called the roll for both groups. You should be able to guess where this was going. GO home.

wow, a 20 day trial? glad youn got to go home!!

mommadeb1

being a good mom... taking my daughter and her friend to Orlando tomorrow... wish me luck!!!

Please don't forget to click to help her win!!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:being a good mom... taking my daughter and her friend to Orlando tomorrow... wish me luck!!!

Please don't forget to click to help her win!!

Glad you reminded me. Are they ever going to update the rankings????

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Glad you reminded me. Are they ever going to update the rankings????

don't know... I am trying not to ask too many questions... teenage daughter can go into too long answer

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
bhodilee wrote:I thought it was thirteen?

Huh?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:Hope you have fun!!

Thanks! I'm sure we will!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

bahwm

They called one group, then announced a special group for a trial lasting 20 days (more or less) starting April 18th. Anyone self-employed or where the employer didn't pay for those days would be excused. They could leave, and just call in the night before to make sure they needed to still come in then. Not me! Whew!

Glad you're done.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

So you didn't get the chance to throw the book at the perp? Too bad.

MarkDaSpark

bahwm wrote:Huh?

Don't forget that anything over 10, he has to take his shoes off. And if he is tired, then he guesses at the number.

That, or he got into the saké early.

MarkDaSpark

chemvictim wrote:So you didn't get the chance to throw the book at the perp? Too bad.

Sure we did! He's going to the chair! Or rather the bed. Or whatever they use when they inject them.

bahwm

Mommadeb, have fun in Orlando.

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:Huh?

the name, the number, I was one off. Also, it was a play on him having the 13th phone number ever. Complete fail of a joke on 9 levels.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Wine storage offer today reminded me to see if any of you knew about this one?
Air Cork.
My friend has it and likes it. Seems pretty fool proof. And since it is not a vacuum, no pressure leaks.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

bhodilee

polarbear22 wrote:Wine storage offer today reminded me to see if any of you knew about this one?
Air Cork.
My friend has it and likes it. Seems pretty fool proof. And since it is not a vacuum, no pressure leaks.

there was a show about the next big kitchen gadget and this won funding on it. GREAT idea!

i wonder if you could explode the bottle by filling the balloon too much or if the balloon would burst first? experiment time!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
polarbear22 wrote:Wine storage offer today reminded me to see if any of you knew about this one?
Air Cork.

"as seen on SHARK TANK". really?

bhodilee

joelsisk wrote:"as seen on SHARK TANK". really?

It was on that show also? I never knew.

joelsisk

bhodilee wrote:It was on that show also? I never knew.

yeah yeah yeah.

MarkDaSpark

For the Ublinks ... Happy Pi Day!

MarkDaSpark

Happy Birthday to kttest!!

Happy Birthday to kttest!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to kttest!!

Instead of birthday cake, does she get pi?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

bhodilee

coynedj wrote:Instead of birthday cake, does she get pi?

HA!

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
coynedj wrote:Instead of birthday cake, does she get pi?

Pie>cake any day of the week! And for any who dare to argue against this, don't bother its un-winnable argument.

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
cortot20 wrote:Pie>cake any day of the week! And for any who dare to argue against this, don't bother its un-winnable argument.

I wholeheartedly agree. If I could have a wedding pie instead of a wedding cake, I would.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

joelsisk

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree. If I could have a wedding pie instead of a wedding cake, I would.

We did not have wedding cake. We had a chocolate fountain. And a viennese table, which incidentally had mini pies and tarts.

bhodilee

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I wholeheartedly agree. If I could have a wedding pie instead of a wedding cake, I would.

be good bowtie, be good, don't offend anyone, hold tongue.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:We did not have wedding cake. We had a chocolate fountain. And a viennese table, which incidentally had mini pies and tarts.

Ohhh...so these are your pics:

NNNiiiicccceeeee!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Happy Birthday Ktest.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
joelsisk wrote:We did not have wedding cake. We had a chocolate fountain. And a viennese table, which incidentally had mini pies and tarts.

Cupcakes FTW! Our baker actually won Cupcake Wars shortly after we decided to go with them for our wedding.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
North316 wrote:Cupcakes FTW! Our baker actually won Cupcake Wars shortly after we decided to go with them for our wedding.

We did cupcakes, as well. They were $500!!!! I flipped. SWMBO got mad at me flipping.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
kylemittskus wrote:We did cupcakes, as well. They were $500!!!! I flipped. SWMBO got mad at me flipping.

How could she not flip out when you didn't love her enough to spend $500 on cupcakes?! ;)

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:We did cupcakes, as well. They were $500!!!! I flipped. SWMBO got mad at me flipping.

You don't want to start the overpriced wedding stuff discussion, it just gets depressing for everyone who isn't a wedding vendor.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

For how many? We got either 200 or 220 and it was just under $400. Either way, $2 or less per person, which is cheaper than cake. Most cake places charge $3.50 per slice these days if not significantly more.

I was very happy with the price. Though her grandpa didn't like our choice and decided to throw a fit and said if we had gotten a cake he was planning on paying for it. His fault for telling us that AFTER the fact.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Why not? It's your wedding.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

MarkDaSpark

ddeuddeg wrote:Why not? It's your wedding.

Troublemaker!! Besides, it's not his wedding, but Cheron's. Do not anger the Cheron!

Edit: Anger/Feed ... same thing!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
ddeuddeg wrote:Why not? It's your wedding.

I told him he could have a pie as his "groom's cake".

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Troublemaker!! Besides, it's not his wedding, but Cheron's. Do not anger the Cheron!

Edit: Anger/Feed ... same thing!

Not feeding me makes me angry, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to feed me. I"m sure there was a reason for this one way back probably a few years ago, but I don't remember what it was

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

kttest

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kttest

Thanks for the birthday wishes! While I like pie, I prefer cake.

- Krista
"Wine is the most civilized thing in the world." -Ernest Hemingway.
NYC Tastings Summary courtesy of HAK

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
kttest wrote:Thanks for the birthday wishes! While I like pie, I prefer cake.

I'll have to get a candle for your cupcake on Saturday!