polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

Speaking of easily clickable links in signatures.

It is MS Awareness Day. And in my signature is a link to sponsor my bike ride for MS through the National MS Society. I even started training this weekend. Two days after six inches of snow, roads were clear enough to ride. Great New England weather.

EDIT: Sparky/Otolith - let them fight it out.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
polarbear22 wrote:Snatch the clickable link from Sparky's reply and put it in your signature. That will remind us, and give us easy access to click daily.

thanks, will do...

iByron

quality posts: 40 Private Messages iByron

I' sure everyone's seen the LeakFrogs over on home.woot toady, right?

iByron's iCellar (I'm a reciprocal CT Cellar Buddy)

Your Private WIneaux

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare
iByron wrote:I' sure everyone's seen the LeakFrogs over on home.woot toady, right?

They really are toady! lol
And yes.

MarkDaSpark wrote:Leak Frogs up on Home!
-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

Posting here instead of deals....

Found a trio of magnum '97 Kronos for about $155. Any body want to go in on the other two?

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
Itwdswafo wrote:Posting here instead of deals....

Found a trio of magnum '97 Kronos for about $155. Any body want to go in on the other two?

For all 3!?! Or each?

Itwdswafo

trifecta wrote:For all 3!?! Or each?

Each

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
Itwdswafo wrote:Each

Tempting. That's the year I graduated high school. Hmmm.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

CAGrl wrote:Tempting. That's the year I graduated high school. Hmmm.

Gotta subtract 30 for me, but count me in if storage has been acceptable. Still on Cathy's site for $440.

CT

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

I'll take one also if they look to be in good shape.

rjquillin

PM atcha!

CT

polarbear22

Had one 750 of the 1997 Kronos. It was very good.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
ddeuddeg wrote:Don't you know someone in Poughkeepsie?

They are not really that happy when boxes of wine get delivered there. It needs to be mighty special to be worth the grief...

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mother wrote:They are not really that happy when boxes of wine get delivered there. It needs to be mighty special to be worth the grief...

But you know someone in Buffalo who doesn't have that problem. Then it just needs to be worth the wait.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

It's always nice when I'm asked to write a letter of recommendation for someone. Was asked by a local HS student to write her a letter for the National Honor Society. Hope my kids turn out as academically driven as she is.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

TT-what's wrong with your car?!?!?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Well, off to Jury Duty tomorrow. Plus side, they have free wireless.

So much for calling in the rest of the week and not having to go in.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 185 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:thanks, will do...

Voted today. She's still in 4th????

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Voted today. She's still in 4th????

Thanks!!! If she wins my daughter and her friend will be in shock!!

leader boards haven't been updated...

mommadeb1

do I want to go in for a case of todays offering...??

mother

ddeuddeg wrote:But you know someone in Buffalo who doesn't have that problem. Then it just needs to be worth the wait.

True! I'll call at 12:20am next time that happens to double check with you ;)

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mother wrote:True! I'll call at 12:20am next time that happens to double check with you ;)

Trying to scare me? It won't work. You can call any time you need to. Of course, I don't say that to just anyone.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
ddeuddeg wrote:Trying to scare me? It won't work. You can call any time you need to. Of course, I don't say that to just anyone.

Hmmmm, let's see, I know that mother has my phone number. Not sure about yours!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

otolith

I love hearing the great horned owls outside our window! Probably 50' away. Boy, can they get loud.

--John Muir

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm

By this time tomorrow, I will have been on the bus for an hour with 44-8th graders en route to Quebec City. Still need to pack! The good news is that most of my stuff is ready--just need to pop it in the suitcase. Problem: I can't find my neck gaiter nor my liner socks! Ugh! I guess I'll have to make a run to one of the local sporting goods stores that starts with a D tomorrow. I thought I knew where those things were. Darn! Off to bed. Not sure of wifi availability at the hotel. We'll see.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

rjquillin

bahwm wrote:By this time tomorrow, I will have been on the bus for an hour with 44-8th graders en route to Quebec City. Still need to pack! The good news is that most of my stuff is ready--just need to pop it in the suitcase. Problem: I can't find my neck gaiter nor my liner socks! Ugh! I guess I'll have to make a run to one of the local sporting goods stores that starts with a D tomorrow. I thought I knew where those things were. Darn! Off to bed. Not sure of wifi availability at the hotel. We'll see.

You are a true glutton..

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

Good lord! I'll help if need be. It'd look very nice next to my regular size bottle of Kronos also. Not that I need or should under any circumstances buy more wine.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:Hmmmm, let's see, I know that mother has my phone number. Not sure about yours!

No wonder it was so easy to tell him to call anytime.

For us, the phone is on her side of the bed.

My Cellar

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
bahwm wrote:Hmmmm, let's see, I know that mother has my phone number. Not sure about yours!

I thought it was thirteen?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
bhodilee wrote:I thought it was thirteen?

forty-two. Always forty-two.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

bhodilee

cheron98 wrote:forty-two. Always forty-two.

isn't that the meaning of life or something

12 according to wiki

pronounced day dug or deg or dag, who the hell can understand what a welshman is saying.

Just for kicks Cooking with deuddeg

I finally figured out what Welsh is. At some point a bunch of Russians got lost, acquired a British accent thing and BAM, you got Welsh! Kinda like how French is Latin as spoken by Gauls.

edit: I think I just inadvertently made fun of the entire deuddeg clan

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

Gotta love Woot. This is from a local store, I've been drinking these varietals forever because of the people here (special tip of the cap to iByron)

Wednesday March 13th 5:00-10:00pm
$15 per flight
This week we will feature three "alternative" rich, concentrated and unique grapes from the producer of 7 Deadly Zin's, Micheal David. These wines appeal to palates looking for ultra-dark and thick but other than the usual Zinfandel, Cabernet and Petite Sirah.

This is what Michael David's Inkblot program is all about. Previously available only directly from the winery, the name says it all: these are wines are so black, purplish, and wonderful that you can stick the wines in a pen and use them for the ink. Winemaker Adam Mettler’s thinks of “these wines as spin-offs of Cabernet Sauvignon – dryer than any of our other wines, a lot of structure and tannin, but balanced with a lot of fruit."

This is a great opportunity to expand your palate and try different varietals but made in a new world style.
2010 Cabernet Franc $39
Perfume with notes of raspberries, black currant, violet, and graphite.
2010 Petit Verdot $39
An abundance of soft tannins, raspberry preserves, Dutch cocoa, and anise.
2010 Tannat $39
High tannin levels, raspberry aromas and dark color.

rjquillin

Any updates on this..?

CT

Itwdswafo

rjquillin wrote:Any updates on this..?

Just sent you a PM.

Itwdswafo

ddeuddeg wrote:Trying to scare me? It won't work. You can call any time you need to. Of course, I don't say that to just anyone.

Wait, you live in Poughkeepsie? I'll be moving there in about two weeks. Which reminds me... still need to find a place to live.

rjquillin

Itwdswafo wrote:Just sent you a PM.

replied

CT

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:By this time tomorrow, I will have been on the bus for an hour with 44-8th graders en route to Quebec City. Still need to pack! The good news is that most of my stuff is ready--just need to pop it in the suitcase. Problem: I can't find my neck gaiter nor my liner socks! Ugh! I guess I'll have to make a run to one of the local sporting goods stores that starts with a D tomorrow. I thought I knew where those things were. Darn! Off to bed. Not sure of wifi availability at the hotel. We'll see.

Hope you have fun!!

mother

Itwdswafo wrote:Wait, you live in Poughkeepsie? I'll be moving there in about two weeks. Which reminds me... still need to find a place to live.

No, they're in Buffalo... They were suggesting I send it to my parents house

mommadeb1

sparky, how was jury duty?

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes

jmdavidson and funbunny...

Mainstreet posted the tasting list for this Sunday...have a peek and start planning your attack!! See you there!

http://www.mainstreetwine.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Mainstreet-Booklet-March-2013.pdf

Cheers!

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson