MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 168 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of March 3rd.

Welcome Atlanta Wooters! Hope you get a good group on March 30th.

There has been a lot of recent activity in the "looking for helping hands" threads. Anyone willing to put a stake in the ground and spend some time talking it up with friends? Time to get a move on!

March
3/16: NYC #21: Cupcakes
3/22: Minnesota #20: Visitors from Afar
3/23: NorCal Vintage Merlot Night
3/30: SoCal #24: Aged Zins
3/30: Atlanta #1

April
4/6: Colorado/Wyoming #?
4/6: Missouri: April 6 - Jefferson City
4/19: Ohio Wine.Woot Table at the Wine Dinner

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

SPARKY!!!

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Made the mistake of letting SWMBO walk into the wine cellar. No more wine purchases for me...

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Made the mistake of letting SWMBO walk into the wine cellar. No more wine purchases for me...

Time to start drinking it?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

otolith

coynedj wrote:Time to start drinking it?

I'm trying! Drank a lot of a friend's wine the other day.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus

Heading to Dodgers' spring training Thursday with some friends and the kids. We'll see how our first away-from-home trip goes.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Made the mistake of letting SWMBO walk into the wine cellar. No more wine purchases for me...

That's the benefit of having an off-site wine locker.

The downside is not really needing that reason.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:I'm trying! Drank a lot of a friend's wine the other day.

I see a problem there.

MarkDaSpark

Didn't someone want some Smoked Salmon?

klezman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages klezman

Wow, what a weekend barrel tasting in Sonoma! We had a club member from Ridge with us, so we got to sample the 2010 Monte Bello (yum!). Harvest Moon was doing a 50% off deal on case+ purchases, and Randy was on site pouring and in fine form. He opened up some older stuff for us as well and we spent a long time there chatting. His wines will seriously age. Met up with Neil there as well. Pedroncelli was another star of the weekend - loaded up on port and picked up a bottle of 007 Block Cab and PS to try, with 25% off on case purchases. Got to say hi to both Ed and Jim also, both of whom were pouring barrel samples. Dutcher Crossing was a standout as well. Amazing young PS there also.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 110 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Heading to Dodgers' spring training Thursday with some friends and the kids. We'll see how our first away-from-home trip goes.

Surprise surprise, it ends up being a lot of work.

CT

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
klezman wrote:Wow, what a weekend barrel tasting in Sonoma! We had a club member from Ridge with us, so we got to sample the 2010 Monte Bello (yum!). Harvest Moon was doing a 50% off deal on case+ purchases, and Randy was on site pouring and in fine form. He opened up some older stuff for us as well and we spent a long time there chatting. His wines will seriously age. Met up with Neil there as well. Pedroncelli was another star of the weekend - loaded up on port and picked up a bottle of 007 Block Cab and PS to try, with 25% off on case purchases. Got to say hi to both Ed and Jim also, both of whom were pouring barrel samples. Dutcher Crossing was a standout as well. Amazing young PS there also.

I bet it was awesome! Thanks for the notes.

How were the Estate wines at Ridge (2010 Merlot, 2011 Chard, 2010 Cab), if you had the chance to taste? I have a set on the way as part of the Monte Bello futures program, apparently the cost of entry these days. Won't see the 2012 MB until 2015 but should receive the Estate wines any day now.

Imagine4vr

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Imagine4vr
kylemittskus wrote:Heading to Dodgers' spring training Thursday with some friends and the kids. We'll see how our first away-from-home trip goes.

At least the weather will have warmed, should be 90 on Thurs! Hope you have seats in the shade.

----------

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:Wow, what a weekend barrel tasting in Sonoma! We had a club member from Ridge with us, so we got to sample the 2010 Monte Bello (yum!). Harvest Moon was doing a 50% off deal on case+ purchases, and Randy was on site pouring and in fine form. He opened up some older stuff for us as well and we spent a long time there chatting. His wines will seriously age. Met up with Neil there as well. Pedroncelli was another star of the weekend - loaded up on port and picked up a bottle of 007 Block Cab and PS to try, with 25% off on case purchases. Got to say hi to both Ed and Jim also, both of whom were pouring barrel samples. Dutcher Crossing was a standout as well. Amazing young PS there also.

I am soo jealous!!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Didn't someone want some Smoked Salmon?

ewww

mommadeb1

Do what I do, hide some of the wine!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
otolith wrote:Might have to try this recipe at some point in time.

Definitely bookmarked that recipe. Sounds like it should be good, but I do know for sure that I won't be getting any 12lb fillets of salmon anytime soon.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

klezman

tdedek wrote:I bet it was awesome! Thanks for the notes.

How were the Estate wines at Ridge (2010 Merlot, 2011 Chard, 2010 Cab), if you had the chance to taste? I have a set on the way as part of the Monte Bello futures program, apparently the cost of entry these days. Won't see the 2012 MB until 2015 but should receive the Estate wines any day now.

Only got a taste of the 2010 Monte Bello. Otherwise it was 2009/2010 Dusi, Geyserville, Lytton Springs from bottle and 2012 Chard, Lytton PS, Ponzo Zin from barrel.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

I feel like I should post something profound. Nothing comes to mind.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

mother

quality posts: 14 Private Messages mother

Oh boo. I actually made it home from Florida in time to buy some Clayhouse, but it doesn't ship to CT.

Owell.

otolith

Still up and can't fall asleep...going to be a long day tomorrow. Ugh

--John Muir

MarkDaSpark

Well, another day of Jury Duty dodged. 3 more nights to call in.

MarkDaSpark

Leak Frogs up on Home!

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
otolith wrote:Still up and can't fall asleep...going to be a long day tomorrow. Ugh

Same here. I am jealous of my sleeping kitty.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

klezman

cheron98 wrote:Same here. I am jealous of my sleeping kitty.

molarchae has 6:30am wakeup these days. I should also be in bed asleep.
G'night all!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
otolith wrote:Still up and can't fall asleep...going to be a long day tomorrow. Ugh

I know the feeling. Didn't fall asleep until past 3, and the alarm went off on schedule at 5:45. The afternoon is going to be a long slog.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mommadeb1

cheron98 wrote:I feel like I should post something profound. Nothing comes to mind.

something Profound.... there I posted for you!! heee heee

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, another day of Jury Duty dodged. 3 more nights to call in.

federal or local?

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:molarchae has 6:30am wakeup these days. I should also be in bed asleep.
G'night all!

I wish I could go back to the days when I got to sleep til 6:30!! It's now 5:30 for me....grrr

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:federal or local?

Local.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Local.

good luck... I did the federal... and strange as it sounds... I loved it!! Would do again... I know, I'm weird.

mommadeb1

My daughters best friend trying to win a radio contest. She is in 4th place, but needs to be in top 2 to win. Please click the link
http://933flz.com/c/?5v

and help her win, so she can take my daughter and leave me alone!!!

thanks!!

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
mommadeb1 wrote:My daughters best friend trying to win a radio contest. She is in 4th place, but needs to be in top 2 to win. Please click the link

thanks!!

Done! Good luck to them

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin
tdedek wrote:Done! Good luck to them

+1

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 23 Private Messages ddeuddeg
mother wrote:Oh boo. I actually made it home from Florida in time to buy some Clayhouse, but it doesn't ship to CT.

Owell.

Don't you know someone in Poughkeepsie?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo
ddeuddeg wrote:Don't you know someone in Poughkeepsie?

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:My daughters best friend trying to win a radio contest. She is in 4th place, but needs to be in top 2 to win. Please click the link

thanks!!

Done.

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58

thanks!!

In!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

mommadeb1

thanks!!

Thanks everyone!! The contest is over the 31st. so click everyday.....please.... it will really make their day.....

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22
mommadeb1 wrote:Thanks everyone!! The contest is over the 31st. so click everyday.....please.... it will really make their day.....

Snatch the clickable link from Sparky's reply and put it in your signature. That will remind us, and give us easy access to click daily.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar