otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Also, I love the wax enclosures! They aren't that hard to get around, and it's a pretty classy look.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

winesmith wrote:God, what a great wine town. Very knowledgeable and cosmopolitan. Unfortunately I am in a barbershop quartet contest in Lodi that day, but send me some contact info to clark@winemaking411.com and I'll let you know when I'm in the area.

Travels I know about: New Mexico and Miami in April; Ohio, Philly, Boston and Nova Scotia in July. Book tours all summer all over. Will pack my guitar. Anybody want to hook up?

Let us know the next time you'll be in the Twin Cities and we'll throw something together! Seems like we'll have some of your wines around.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

MiCat05

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MiCat05

I resisted all day since I am a mostly red wine-a-holic, but Clark, Scott and the rest of you wooters did me in. Sigh. Who needs to retire, or vacation, or eat...

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
otolith wrote:Now I know why the pub is dead!

I'm in, dammit!

Apparently the Pub walls have been breached, things are leaking through to the other boards...

bhodilee wrote:try wearing pants next time

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Thanks so much to Clark for all the info today! Can't wait to try these. Anytime you want to join the bay area Wooters I'm sure we can set something up. Where can we come visit and taste?

deecue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deecue

ahh, screw it.. why not.. i've been watching this thread all day so i might as well at this point.. also going in on the beehive cheese as well to bring shipping "down".. ;)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
otolith wrote:Also, I love the wax enclosures! They aren't that hard to get around, and it's a pretty classy look.

Of course you like them. They keep you in business! Stitches are expensive in a hospital.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

Last Wooter to Woot:andreaserben

Last Purchase:a few seconds ago

I really did not want to buy anything today....

winesmith

quality posts: 49 Private Messages winesmith
kylemittskus wrote:I would guess not.

It appears that it really is true that for long term storage, corks do need to be in contact with the wine in order not to dry out. So you can store them horizontally or neck down. This is not a problem for a year or two, but for longer term, it does seem to matter.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Winesmith thanks for all the great conversation, you are new to me, but it seems that you are well known here, and I'm really looking forward to trying your wine!

winesmith

quality posts: 49 Private Messages winesmith
trifecta wrote:Thanks so much to Clark for all the info today! Can't wait to try these. Anytime you want to join the bay area Wooters I'm sure we can set something up. Where can we come visit and taste?

I live in a hundred-year-old church in downtown Santa Rosa. We can definitely party there. Or Jake Stephens will throw you guys a barbeque up at Diamond Ridge Vineyards in Clear Lake any time. Best time for that would be when you can taste the Cabernet clones as they ripen in October. So let's do the church this Spring. Somebody who organizes you guys, send me an email at clark@winemaking411.com and we'll pick a time.

I really want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your support today. Now I can bottle Cabernet.

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
winesmith wrote:I live in a hundred-year-old church in downtown Santa Rosa. We can definitely party there. Or Jake Stephens will throw you guys a barbeque up at Diamond Ridge Vineyards in Clear Lake any time. Best time for that would be when you can taste the Cabernet clones as they ripen in October. So let's do the church this Spring. Somebody who organizes you guys, send me an email at clark@winemaking411.com and we'll pick a time.

I really want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your support today. Now I can bottle Cabernet.

Totally down for the party in Spring. I'll start a thread soon and we can work out a date!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

winesmith wrote:I live in a hundred-year-old church in downtown Santa Rosa. We can definitely party there. Or Jake Stephens will throw you guys a barbeque up at Diamond Ridge Vineyards in Clear Lake any time. Best time for that would be when you can taste the Cabernet clones as they ripen in October. So let's do the church this Spring. Somebody who organizes you guys, send me an email at clark@winemaking411.com and we'll pick a time.

Bravo WineSmith. let's keep it going.

Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare
Winedavid39 wrote:Bravo WineSmith. let's keep it going.

Yes, have him back soon!

Speed to first woot: 3m 41.222s
First sucker: Allieroon
Last wooter to woot: Cesare
-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Wait..you did buy me a full set right??

One set for me, one for you.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
Cesare wrote:

With some CF!

CT

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

This sounds like it could be a stop for dinner on the 2014 rpm Magical History Tour....

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rpm wrote:This sounds like it could be a stop for dinner on the 2014 rpm Magical History Tour....

hey now!

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:Of course you like them. They keep you in business! Stitches are expensive in a hospital.

Fortunately, people don't cut up their faces very much in this process.

--John Muir