WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Beehive Cheese Company

You like cheese? You like cheese. We know you like cheese. If you didn't, you wouldn't have clicked through, right? Just admit it: you like cheese. It's okay. In here, you're among friends.

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1619 Private Messages Cesare

Beehive Cheese Company

Beehive Cheese Company - Barely Buzzed and Sea Hive
$29.99 $̶4̶2̶.̶1̶0̶ 29% off List Price

Beehive Cheese Company - TeaHive and Promontory

Beehive Cheese Company - Apple Walnut Smoked and Smoked Habanero

Beehive Cheese Company - Big John’s Cajun and Uintah Jack

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

JRRB

quality posts: 34 Private Messages JRRB

I'm intrigued by the TeaHive cheese, which combines two of my favorite things (tea and cheese). Does anyone have experience with that particular cheese that they would be willing to share?

$35 is a lot to spend, particularly when I really just want that one variety.

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly
JRRB wrote:I'm intrigued by the TeaHive cheese, which combines two of my favorite things (tea and cheese). Does anyone have experience with that particular cheese that they would be willing to share?

$35 is a lot to spend, particularly when I really just want that one variety.

It's worth it. I've gotten this combination multiple times and will be ordering it again. The TeaHive is a big crowd pleaser, and the Promontory is really nice too, a little sweet and creamy. I'm tempted to try the Big John's Cajun this time too.

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek

Love me some Beehive. This is so cheap too. Williams Sonoma carries some of their flights but it is way more. $60 for 8oz of each Teahive & Barely Buzzed + some honey and crackers. Woot always finds the good deals.

http://tinyurl.com/ch2s4cg

mark595

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mark595

Are these made with pasteurized milk?

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

The Promontory and the Uintah Jack are excellent. I miss the days my monger at 'Fromage to Yours' was still in business so I could buy this in smaller pieces from her.

psumek

quality posts: 9 Private Messages psumek
jeeperwoot wrote:The Promontory and the Uintah Jack are excellent. I miss the days my monger at 'Fromage to Yours' was still in business so I could buy this in smaller pieces from her.

Hit up Whole Foods. They usually have good "dollar bin" cheeses of ends and pieces to try out.

beehivecheesekatie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages beehivecheesekatie
mark595 wrote:Are these made with pasteurized milk?

Yes, these cheeses are pasteurized. ^Katie

Ozzie2191

quality posts: 52 Private Messages Ozzie2191

Two questions, if anyone happens to know (or the company rep cares to chime in):

How strong is the habenero kick in the smoked smoked combo? Let's say for an average boring American.

What's the shelf life on these?

**Witty signature fail**Out of cheese error**Redo from start**

beehivecheesekatie

Ozzie2191 wrote:Two questions, if anyone happens to know (or the company rep cares to chime in):

How strong is the habenero kick in the smoked smoked combo? Let's say for an average boring American.

What's the shelf life on these?

Hi Ozzie! I'd give it a 6 out of 10 on heat level. Shelf life is 90 days if kept in original packaging. ^Katie

mrusinak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrusinak

I tried the Promontory and Teahive last time, and both were very good. The Promontory especially was awesome for garlic cheese bread (melted sooo easily).

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm

I will be ordering the Barely Buzzed and Sea Hive and the TeaHive and Promontory. Love these cheeses! I was hoping that they would come back up soon! I love being able to order them in one pound wedges. They work nicely when entertaining. All of our guests love them, too.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bahwm wrote:I will be ordering the Barely Buzzed and Sea Hive and the TeaHive and Promontory. Love these cheeses! I was hoping that they would come back up soon! I love being able to order them in one pound wedges. They work nicely when entertaining. All of our guests love them, too.

+1

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

timothyc273

quality posts: 2 Private Messages timothyc273

Are any of these good with red wine?

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

The real serious question here is:

Who cut the cheese?

trenthummel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trenthummel

Uintah cheese - how long is it aged? Thinking about pulling the trigger on 2 of these.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey

These were a big hit with my family when I got them - really delicious. Caveat: be sure to refrigerate, we left out what was left of a wedge of Barely Buzzed and the rub turned green. My mom just washed it off and kept eating it because she's like a honey badger when it comes to cheese, and she was fine and said it was fine, but it gave me pause. So refrigerate to keep them looking nice. I feel like most Americans are more fridge-crazy than me and my family so most of you will probably be fine, but just a heads up.

r0my

quality posts: 1 Private Messages r0my

For those that have ordered this before, how does it ship?

I don't know if it's requiring refrigeration or not before it's opened, and ordering perishable things is always nerve-wracking for me.

shopping77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shopping77

Since they offer these in two packs is there any way to pick the two you want? Each one of the sets has one that isn't my favorite. When I ordered in the past I end up giving one away. I'd really like to buy just the two I want.

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
r0my wrote:For those that have ordered this before, how does it ship?

I don't know if it's requiring refrigeration or not before it's opened, and ordering perishable things is always nerve-wracking for me.

They always ship them with cold packs and have arrived to me in Buffalo, NY with a lot of coldness still in the box.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

boice818

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boice818
beehivecheesekatie wrote:Hi Ozzie! I'd give it a 6 out of 10 on heat level. Shelf life is 90 days if kept in original packaging. ^Katie

Have to disagree with this. I got the smoked habanero last time, and the smoke was much more prominent than any heat. Maybe a 2 out of 10.

guzmantis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages guzmantis

I thoroughly enjoyed the Barely Buzzed and Sea Hive from the last offer, and ordered more this time around. My favorite of the two was the Barely Buzzed, but they are both very good - everyone who tried them asked where they can find more. One thing I learned from the last time around is to only open one wedge at a time so they stay fresher longer. Highly recommended cheeses!

lnljuly

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnljuly

Has anyone tried the Big John's Cajun? I'm still on the fence for that one . . .

beehivecheesekatie

timothyc273 wrote:Are any of these good with red wine?

Yup! I'd serve with Syrah, Cabs, and Zins. Great with porters and stouts as well! ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

drunkenalien wrote:The real serious question here is:

Who cut the cheese?

I think it's the same person who let the dogs out... Woot, Woot, Woot, Woot. ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

r0my wrote:For those that have ordered this before, how does it ship?

Hey there! We pack in ice and add as much as it takes to arrive fresh to your doorstep. ^Katie

beehivecheesekatie

trenthummel wrote:Uintah cheese - how long is it aged? Thinking about pulling the trigger on 2 of these.

Aged one year :-) ^Katie

trenthummel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trenthummel
beehivecheesekatie wrote:Aged one year :-) ^Katie

Nice!

Thanks for the info!

stinawargo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages stinawargo

Can anyone give me a possibly calorie count per ounce? Nice cheese makes a great little snack, but I have limits to how much I can spend calorie-wise.

--Edit: never mind, did a bit of online searching and we're looking at 113 cals per ounce. Perfect for snackies! I'm in!

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72
shopping77 wrote:Since they offer these in two packs is there any way to pick the two you want? Each one of the sets has one that isn't my favorite. When I ordered in the past I end up giving one away. I'd really like to buy just the two I want.

What? do you think you are shopping at Amazon!

rgarnier

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rgarnier

What sort of shelf (refrigerator) life might we anticipate for these cheeses after delivery? Thanks.

beehivecheesekatie

rgarnier wrote:What sort of shelf (refrigerator) life might we anticipate for these cheeses after delivery? Thanks.

If kept in the original packaging, they will stay fresh up to 3 months and just get better with age. Once you open the package, you have 7-14 days depending on how well you wrap the cheese. ^Katie

cheesed00dle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cheesed00dle

In for the buzzed/seahive and cajun/uintah! I've had the buzzed before and liked it a lot. The others are new to me, I think, but I have high hopes.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Would have loved to try a Uintah Jack/Sea Hive combo, but alas, this was not available.

This has been up too many times and I have heard too many good things to not jump on it this time around. Going in on the Uintah Jack/Cajun combo.

emsquared

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emsquared

@wootbot

Jersey cows ARE from Jersey. It's a Channel Island.

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
beehivecheesekatie wrote:If kept in the original packaging, they will stay fresh up to 3 months and just get better with age. Once you open the package, you have 7-14 days depending on how well you wrap the cheese. ^Katie

How would you suggest wrapping the various cheeses to maximize their 'staying' potential?
Can any of these be split and perhaps a portion frozen to extend the consumption period?

Thanks Katie

CT

aderyn

quality posts: 10 Private Messages aderyn

Speaking of wrapping cheese, I thought I'd mention I use the Formaticum cheese paper and it really works. It keeps cheese in very nice condition for much longer than any other method I've tried. It costs a bit, but I suspect it may almost pay for itself by keeping cheese edible for longer. I like that it makes it easier to try more different kinds of cheeses since I don't have to worry about getting them all eaten right away.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
aderyn wrote:Speaking of wrapping cheese, I thought I'd mention I use the Formaticum cheese paper and it really works. It keeps cheese in very nice condition for much longer than any other method I've tried. It costs a bit, but I suspect it may almost pay for itself by keeping cheese edible for longer. I like that it makes it easier to try more different kinds of cheeses since I don't have to worry about getting them all eaten right away.

Thanks~!

This stuff looks great and free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime. $7.32 for what looks like enough to store at least 15-30 blocks of cheese (or more) depending on size. 15 sheets but sounds like many times, you would cut down the sheets to fit the cheese. We go through a lot of cheese at our house, so this would be more than worth it. Feedback is great, 4 1/2 stars over 30+ reviews.

beehivecheesekatie

rjquillin wrote:How would you suggest wrapping the various cheeses to maximize their 'staying' potential?
Can any of these be split and perhaps a portion frozen to extend the consumption period?

Thanks Katie

When it comes to cheese and mold, oxygen and moisture are not your friends. So, re-vacuum sealing would be a great idea to ensure prolonged storage. If you're going to use special cheese paper, make sure you open the cheese every couple days and wick away moisture or to be sure the cheese isn't drying out in the frig. depends on your frig. Odds are, you would have eaten through the cheese before it goes south. Happy noshing! ^Katie