funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
ThunderThighs wrote:Don't encourage him.

Okay (head down).

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Hey Kyle, I think the animals used in the Jerky were fed BioDynamically farmed feed.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I'm going to have to sit and think on this one, reviews seem to be all over the place. I am a little bit of a jerky snob, getting our meats from hunting trips with Dad processed by a local butcher while growing up in Texas, always having some made into Jerky. Venison, wild boar, turkey...

At the same time, big fan of the Sebastiani family and my curiosity is leaning me towards supporting them on this one. As someone mentioned, it is available in Brooklyn so I may go pick up a smaller amount to sample before diving in on this many flavors.

mwinkykitty

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mwinkykitty

I've had these before, and I wouldn't call them jerky so much as "meat candy" because of all the sugar they add. This makes the jerky quite sticky.

At least this batch doesn't contain any of the flavors they use dye in as well, or have they stopped doing that now? I still question some of the ingredients they add, like why would you add artificial sweeteners to your jerky?

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 186 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mwinkykitty wrote:I've had these before, and I wouldn't call them jerky so much as "meat candy" because of all the sugar they add. This makes the jerky quite sticky.

At least this batch doesn't contain any of the flavors they use dye in as well, or have they stopped doing that now? I still question some of the ingredients they add, like why would you add artificial sweeteners to your jerky?

At a guess, making it sweet and savory. Kind of like when you have a Sweet & Sour Chinese dish.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Why is everyone picking on Kyle ??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Why is everyone picking on Kyle ??

They're not picking on me. They're summoning me!

It's Thursday everyone. Non-wine just like every other Thursday. So shut up with the complaining and come back in 13 hours so you can complain about the wine that's being offered.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

LOL

fredrinaldi

kylemittskus wrote:They're not picking on me. They're summoning me!

It's Thursday everyone. Non-wine just like every other Thursday. So shut up with the complaining and come back in 13 hours so you can complain about the wine that's being offered.

I feel the love

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish

I picked up some Krave jerky because it was at the register at my local Walgreen's a week or so ago. I couldn't eat it, it was just too sweet for me. The surface of the jerky had lots of crystalline sugar on it and dominated the flavor.

mxchickmagnet86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mxchickmagnet86

I bought a Krave Jerky Sampler from woot in the past and it was not good. I tried all the flavors, 2 of them went directly in the trash, one bag got an extra nibble or 2 before it went in the trash, 1 flavor actually got completely eaten. The ones that are labeled 'sweet' are seemingly covered in maple syrup. One bag bag that I 'threw in the trash (read: gave to my roommate) was covered in ants within 2 days. Ants, first stop, beef jerky!

true559

quality posts: 24 Private Messages true559

In my opinion this stuff is way way overseasoned and over sweetened. Easy pass.

MERCHANT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MERCHANT
RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:Mark,

While this is somewhat of a stretch, I suppose it's not such a stretch to leverage one's brand in this respect. I suppose I would just prefer to see actual wine here as opposed to aged meat.

-Ryan
http://www.TheFermentedFruit.com/

FYI: Thursday is usually the non-wine day.

North316

MERCHANT wrote:FYI: Thursday is usually the non-wine day.

Thanks for being the 4th person to now re-iterate that....

My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Hey. Did you guys know Thursdays are non-wine days?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:Thanks for being the 4th person to now re-iterate that....

Well, it seems to take 4 or 5 repetitions each time ...

Although maybe they're trying to be sarcastic?

Since the SarcMark (
) isn't easy to remember, perhaps we need a new indicator of sarcasm?

Perhaps one of these?

Shocked -

Tease -

Woot Bored -

Woot Rolleyes -

Woot Yawn -

Edit: Hmmm, the Woot Bored & Yawn emoticons are the same, although they use different methods to indicate.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

njenson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages njenson

I've have the Basil and the Chili and they are both awesome.

Very tasty and very tender cuts.

MarkDaSpark

kylemittskus wrote:Hey. Did you guys know Thursdays are non-wine days?

It is?

It is?

It is?

It is?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
ThunderThighs wrote:No, you're paying for a sampler pack. Not unlike a sampler appetizer at a restaurant.

Difficult crowd tonight.

Its' a PuPu Platter!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

tdedek wrote:I'm going to have to sit and think on this one, reviews seem to be all over the place. I am a little bit of a jerky snob, getting our meats from hunting trips with Dad processed by a local butcher while growing up in Texas, always having some made into Jerky. Venison, wild boar, turkey...

At the same time, big fan of the Sebastiani family and my curiosity is leaning me towards supporting them on this one. As someone mentioned, it is available in Brooklyn so I may go pick up a smaller amount to sample before diving in on this many flavors.

don't chew it over too long, it cud sell out!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

bhodilee

kylemittskus wrote:Hey. Did you guys know Thursdays are non-wine days?

Is that the day after Foosday?

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

This is the nth time that these have appeared on Woot, in various shades and combinations. Reviews are either:
a) Awesome. Some wooters think this is the best jerky: EVAH!! Amazing flavors.

b) Completely awful. Those that don't like it dislike the consitiency (described as "mushy"), or the overly sweet and overpowering flavorings. Others have pointed out that some versions use high fructose corn syrup (I just checked, it's still there in some flavors).

I still haven't bought any yet, mainly due to the concern that I'm not going to like it and it is rather expensive for what you get.

bhodilee

WilfBrim wrote:This is the nth time that these have appeared on Woot, in various shades and combinations. Reviews are either:

b) Completely awful. Those that don't like it dislike the consitiency (described as "mushy"), or the overly sweet and overpowering flavorings. Others have pointed out that some versions use high fructose corn syrup (I just checked, it's still there in some flavors).

I still haven't bought any yet, mainly due to the concern that I'm not going to like it and it is rather expensive for what you get.

not to mention what it may do to your diabeetus

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I think some people overdosed on their goofy pills today.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

bhodilee wrote:not to mention what it may do to your diabeetus

I prefer Always Sunny's version (can't find a good link though, just watched it last night!)

My CT

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:I think some people overdosed on their goofy pills today.

Don't you mean "Krave-zy" pills?

My CT

fredrinaldi

looking at the comments, I'd say this thursday was pot day.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
fredrinaldi wrote:looking at the comments, I'd say this thursday was pot day.

Coordinated perfectly to sell massive amounts of jerky.

Winedavid39

quality posts: 208 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

WilfBrim wrote:This is the nth time that these have appeared on Woot, in various shades and combinations. Reviews are either:

yep, i think that's accurate. i happen to be on the "PRO" side of the discussion. i can tell you that Krave is absolutely exploding nationally.

wootpro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootpro

Thanks, I asked Woot Support regarding the added sales tax and will post again when I get a reply.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

North316 wrote:Don't you mean "Krave-zy" pills?

SmilingBoognish

quality posts: 48 Private Messages SmilingBoognish
tdedek wrote:Coordinated perfectly to sell massive amounts of jerky.

I'd rather munch out on normal beef jerky with M&M chasers if that were the case. Not that I would know anything about pot day...

bhodilee

SmilingBoognish wrote:I'd rather munch out on normal beef jerky with M&M chasers if that were the case. Not that I would know anything about pot day...

be prepared, tomorrow is kettle day!

fredrinaldi

tdedek wrote:Coordinated perfectly to sell massive amounts of jerky.

Good point, Munchies....

fredrinaldi

SmilingBoognish wrote:I'd rather munch out on normal beef jerky with M&M chasers if that were the case. Not that I would know anything about pot day...

As a child of the 60's..guilty as charged

Spazkatt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Spazkatt

If you like moist beef jerky that has lots of flavor and sweetness this is for you. If you like hard beef jerky in which you want to taste meat and less flavor this is not for you. Our local supermarket sells this very same brand and size for $6.99 a package, so this is a great price at $3.00 a package (that takes in account the cost of shipping too).

biggs13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages biggs13

This is the worst jerky I have ever tried.

paulec252

quality posts: 3 Private Messages paulec252

I got this about a year ago... it is some FINE jerky. Never had anything like it.
Each flavor is a special snowflake.

My least favorite was the sweet chipotle. It tasted great, but it was sticky and thin. However, saying it was my least favorite is like saying that the great wall of china is my least favorite 3,000 mile man made structure... this stuff is just amazing. in for 3. again.

uncchris

quality posts: 6 Private Messages uncchris

Just got mine today. Commenting for future reference.

1) A little disappointment upon opening the package. I didn't read closely enough - the packages are 1.5 oz each. I bought in part because I thought I was getting a deal - my local grocery store sometimes has Krave on sale for $4.99 for a 3.25 (or so) oz package. Turns out that's a better price given the size of these.

2) I've tried all 4 of these flavors previously. So far, I've tried pork teriyaki and turkey basil citrus from the pack I got today. The "sticky, sweet" comments are applicable to the pork, less so to the turkey.

3) Interestingly, when I had the pork previously, the sugar had crystallized a bit on the jerky. That wasn't the case here - this seemed a bit fresher than what I've had from the grocery store.

4) The turkey was tender, but did seem a bit chewier than the pork.

5) I doubt I'll re-order this at this price point, simply because the fresher quality isn't something that's a big enough factor for jerky to put that much money into ordering. I can see it being worth trying if people are interested in a sweeter jerky.

6) Based on other comments here and on personal experience, your mileage may vary with this.

wootdog9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootdog9

Sent it off to my son in the Army, and was a Big Surprise and HIT ~ LOVED IT!