Krave Chili Lime Gourmet Beef Jerky, 1.5 oz. 2-Pack
Krave Sweet Honey Chipotle Gourmet Beef Jerky, 1.5 oz. 2-Pack

Website

Previous offer:
2/9/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 161 Private Messages cortot20

I got a mixed pack of these last year for the wife, She did not like them at all. They ended up in shipment of snacks to Afghanistan. So if your a solider reading this and you got some of this jerky sent to you..........your welcome.

CT

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Krave Jerky Sampler
Speed to first woot: 1m 3.888s
First sucker: MarkDaSpark

Held out until now, but this post by PTommins made me pull the trigger this time.

It's about an article in the NY Times about Krave Jerky.

[MOD: Here's the link to the article.]

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

gina3graces

quality posts: 44 Private Messages gina3graces

I'm not really into meat that's hard to chew and gnaw on...but I know guys like this kind of stuff and it might make a nice gift? Will wait to hear the meat report from others...

MarkDaSpark

gina3graces wrote:I'm not really into meat that's hard to chew and gnaw on...but I know guys like this kind of stuff and it might make a nice gift? Will wait to hear the meat report from others...

There may not be any, since this has been up before (more than once).

I think we got some at a previous SoCal gathering, and it's not the normal hard jerky.

Edit: Also on 1/15/2010, which was a Woot Launch (the rocket, aka Pope Hat icon).

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

RyanANNAPOLIS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RyanANNAPOLIS
MarkDaSpark wrote:Krave Jerky Sampler
Speed to first woot: 1m 3.888s
First sucker: MarkDaSpark

Held out until now, but this post by PTommins made me pull the trigger this time.

It's about an article in the NY Times about Krave Jerky.

Dear Woot,

This is pretty out of left field for Wine Woot.

My Best,

-Ryan
http://www.TheFermentedFruit.com/

MarkDaSpark

RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:Dear Woot,

This is pretty out of left field for Wine Woot.

My Best,

-Ryan

It's by Jon Sebastiani (fourth generation of a Sonoma Valley wine family), one of the sons from Don Sebastiani & Sons.

So still wine related.

And again, it's been on WW at least two times previously (may also have been in Woot-Offs).

wethreesing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wethreesing

I have tried this jerky several times and none of the flavors are very good. The citrus is sweet, as in syrupy sweet.

nickabud3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickabud3

Got a sampler pack last year. The whole office tried them and there were rave reviews from all.

I have been waiting to see this again.

RyanANNAPOLIS

MarkDaSpark wrote:It's by Jon Sebastiani (fourth generation of a Sonoma Valley wine family), one of the sons from Don Sebastiani & Sons.

So still wine related.

And again, it's been on WW at least two times previously (may also have been in Woot-Offs).

Mark,

While this is somewhat of a stretch, I suppose it's not such a stretch to leverage one's brand in this respect. I suppose I would just prefer to see actual wine here as opposed to aged meat.

-Ryan

Reclaimer456

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Reclaimer456
RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:I suppose I would just prefer to see actual wine here, i.e. The Fermented Fruit, as opposed to aged meat.

Then don't come here on Thursday as you aren't going to be getting wine.

RyanANNAPOLIS

Reclaimer456 wrote:Then don't come here on Thursday as you aren't going to be getting wine.

Is Thursday a regular day for a non-wine offer?

-Ryan

lilywhitekitten

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lilywhitekitten

I've had these before. The pork/teriyaki flavour is the best, IMO. The beef was my least favourite. All of the meat is pretty tender.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RyanANNAPOLIS wrote:Is Thursday a regular day for a non-wine offer?

-Ryan

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cloud87man

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloud87man

So I'm paying.... for samples?

xenite227

quality posts: 3 Private Messages xenite227

Got some before, it's much softer than other jerky, very moist and sweet.

I hate hot flavors, but I loved the chili and spicy versions they had which was amazing for me.

Not your typical jerky, but it's damn tasty and really plays up the sweet and savory combo.

ThunderThighs

Staff

cloud87man wrote:So I'm paying.... for samples?

No, you're paying for a sampler pack. Not unlike a sampler appetizer at a restaurant.

Difficult crowd tonight.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Jaxidian

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jaxidian

Just to make sure I'm getting this right, this is less than a pound of beef jerky for $30 shipped? Right? That's not cheap at all... :-/

MarkDaSpark

ThunderThighs wrote:No, you're paying for a sampler pack. Not unlike a sampler appetizer at a restaurant.

Difficult crowd tonight.

Tonight??

HellnationThug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HellnationThug

Well, I had purchased a Krave jerky sampler once over last summer. I love beef jerky and I love weird food. It was a mistake for me and maybe for you, unless your into candied hardly jerky. Personal opinion.

wootpro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootpro

I just ordered this and was charged sales tax. I thought there was no sales tax on food. Is beef jerky not considered food?

ponagathos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ponagathos

Two bucks an ounce for jerky hardly seems like a good deal.

heinricp

quality posts: 5 Private Messages heinricp

Anyone else read this as "Krave Jelly Sampler?" For a moment I thought we were in store for some weird and expensive jellies . . .

Now I'm off to get my first cup of coffee, ugh.

enelrak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enelrak

What does "natural pork used" or "natural turkey used" mean? Pre-chewed? Is that why it's more tender than other jerky brands?

reelbigpete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reelbigpete

I ordered these a while ago during a woot off and wasn't impressed. Lots of junk and sugar in them and the meat itself wasn't the easiest to eat compared to basically every jerky I've had before or after them.

mikemiracle

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mikemiracle

The Jerky Store called
They're were running out of you... Wait, that's not how it went

douglasgoodman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages douglasgoodman

I ordered this stuff once a while back. I couldn't finish it. It really shouldn't even be called "jerky". It's soft, moist, sticky, sweet. Not chewy. It falls apart. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

beertwenty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beertwenty

I grabbed this last time it was on sale. Yes, their jerky is super tender (does that mean it's really "jerky"?), but it's not dry like traditional jerky. Every flavor (except chili lime) has a coating, not unlike a teriyaki, that is somewhat sticky and sometimes kind of messy. The flavors are pretty good as far as variety goes. My favorites, being the sweet chipotle and the chili lime, were the first to disappear. Then I opened up the basil citrus and I have to agree that I found it almost overly sweet. My wife seemed to like it the most and had no qualms about finishing off that flavor.
What really gets me here are the sizes of bags. I understand it's a sampler but as was stated above, you're paying thirty bucks for 15oz. of jerky. That means it's not that great of a deal. If they would allow you to choose which ones to sample (kind of defeats the purpose), then this would be a more palatable buy.

JasonRbns

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JasonRbns

I wouldn't recommend these. In fact, I don't post at all and felt the need to do so to speak on this jerky

Flavors weren't like typical beef jerky. Tasted almost like candy. I tried all of Krave's flavor line with some friends after a groupon and we agreed only one marginally good.

I guess it depends what you like in a jerky, but these are packed with sugar. Ugh

LBHinckley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LBHinckley

Corn Syrup? REALLY?????
No thanks!

Laura Hinckley

geo8rge

quality posts: 33 Private Messages geo8rge

Support your local dealer:

http://www.kravejerky.com/shop-locator.htm

Last I checked Brooklyn Ny they sell 3.25 oz packs for $6 at Pathmark Gowanus.

To me the stuff seems like they took beef and dried it out to the max. Then marinated it in whatever the flavoring is. The result has a fibery mushy quality. I liked the Chili Lime, but it is not like regular jerky in terms of consistency. It was sightly wet and sticky. Again I enjoyed it, and would buy it again, but it is not really Jerky as Americans might think of it.

(Overall signature size was getting large. Recommended signature size is 5k.)

ThunderThighs

Staff

wootpro wrote:I just ordered this and was charged sales tax. I thought there was no sales tax on food. Is beef jerky not considered food?

Email support@woot.com. They can explain it or fix it.

FORUM MODERATOR

Pgentry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pgentry
cloud87man wrote:So I'm paying.... for samples?

Big $$$ for a few oz of dried meat.
It might be cheaper to lead a cow around and then butcher him when you are ready? Or just buy a big hamburger for <$10 - more meat for the $

jhrdy724

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhrdy724

Not super savings compared to Krave's own website. You can PICK your own flavors for 5 3.25oz bags and get free shipping. So $35 for 16.25oz where you can decide on the flavors.
Here you get 4 set flavors. With shipping and tax mine comes out to $32.09 for 15 oz.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid

I've bought these twice in the past. Texture-wise, a lot of them are made in an Asian style that tends to be sweeter and chewier than traditional American jerky. Flavor-wise, these go all across the board. The teriyaki is a very traditional Asian flavor. The basil and lime is not.

Anyway, maybe it's because I grew up on Asian jerky, but I have found Krave jerky to be exceptionally tasty. That said, it does seem to be pretty expensive for the amount of meat you're getting.

mppifkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mppifkin

I bought this jerky previously, last year some time. Coming from Iowa, where we have great local butchers making whole muscle jerky the old way I have a high standard. But, this product is poor at best. In fact, I threw a lot of it away, it was that bad. The meat is treated with chemical tenderizer giving it a soft, not meat like texture and the flavors were not good. I recommend that if you want really good jerky, you find a butcher shop locally that makes it fresh and smokes it the right way not by faking it. In short, don't buy this...

RyanANNAPOLIS

ThunderThighs wrote:

Good to know!

I like the idea of a Jerky sampler but this isn't exactly cheap. I've gotten Seavey's Estate Napa Cab for $30 per bottle ;)

-Ryan

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
ThunderThighs wrote:

Difficult crowd tonight.

Where's Kyle? He's usually b@#ch-slapping people by now.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

ThunderThighs

Staff

funbunny wrote:Where's Kyle? He's usually b@#ch-slapping people by now.

Don't encourage him.

FORUM MODERATOR