WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever purchased wine as an investment?
  • 4.9% - Yes 52
  • 62.9% - No 674
  • 32.2% - I didn’t know that was a thing. 345
1071 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Whether it is for financial gain or personal enjoyment, I have invested in wine.

Personally, even outside of monetary gains (or losses!), I believe that anyone who purchases wine to lay down for a period of time before enjoying it is purchasing wine as an investment. You are buying wine at a set release price to then 'incubate' it for a period of time to receive additional pleasure from bottle age under ideal storage conditions. It is also an additional investment to maintain those storage conditions and 'lease' space for bottles until they are ready. That aged bottle that you can enjoy or sell may cost considerably more than the bottle did at release. Or at least you hope so.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Yes, a case of 6 magnums of '67 Lafitte Rothchilds in '75. But I drank all of them. The last to celebrate the millenium (both millenia).

lstaff

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lstaff

Well, maybe an investment in my evening!

;O)

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I haven't drank anything from my last shipment of Booker because RP gave everything a 97 and 4 of the 6 wines are completely sold out.

I'll probably drink them, but I could make a decent profit if I wanted.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

double post :/