WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many bottles of wine do you have right now?
  • 24.1% - None 267
  • 20.2% - One or two 223
  • 16% - A few 177
  • 23.5% - 5 or more 260
  • 16.2% - Too many to count 179
1106 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Hmmm...you get to answer 0-6, or too many. Maybe it would be helpful to have a little wider range?

Me, somewhere around 8-900.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

rpbusby

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rpbusby

I agree, poll seems skewed on the low scale.

My very humble stash sits currently at 50 bottles, with less than ten that will be held for long term.

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

Also, we have 10-12 store/winery bought bottles, as well as a few cases of homemade stuff.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

MsChis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MsChis

I don't drink wine so...

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

maybe they meant currently OPEN and that you are drinking?

mrsque

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mrsque

I only have 1 or 2 because I keep drinking them! hard to collect that way

*I* have FIVE Quality Posts! no, seriously...how did that happen?!

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

I am in the process of building 2 wine storage racks. The first one is done, holds 126 bottles. 2nd one will be done in the next couple of days, will hold 64. I am building them to get this collection out of the cardbord cases and more organized. SHMBO kinda flipped when she say the 1st completely full, and more than enough to fill the 2nd. I then today another 8 bottles delivered to the office!!! I think she is about to cut me off!

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
mrn1 wrote:I am in the process of building 2 wine storage racks. The first one is done, holds 126 bottles. 2nd one will be done in the next couple of days, will hold 64. I am building them to get this collection out of the cardbord cases and more organized. SHMBO kinda flipped when she say the 1st completely full, and more than enough to fill the 2nd. I then today another 8 bottles delivered to the office!!! I think she is about to cut me off!

Your SO is an owl? (She Hoo Must Be Obeyed?)

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I have 7.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Definitely more than 5.

Somewhere in the 320's, but I'm trying to work it down below 200. Which is a goal I may never achieve.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
InFrom wrote:Your SO is an owl? (She Hoo Must Be Obeyed?)

Oops!!!

Now she REALLY is going to be upset. Maybe I better take her to the Ohio Wooter's gathering at the Wooster Inn w/ Scott and Jana Harvey to make up w/ her.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
mrn1 wrote:Oops!!!

Now she REALLY is going to be upset. Maybe I better take her to the Ohio Wooter's gathering at the Wooster Inn w/ Scott and Jana Harvey to make up w/ her.

That would definitely buy my forgiveness!

roussie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages roussie

No wine but about 30-40 bottles in the beer cellar.... keeping it classy.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
roussie wrote:No wine but about 30-40 bottles in the beer cellar.... keeping it classy.

There are so many cool and interesting beers out there that I could see needing a beer cellar. Only have 4-5 beers in my wine cellar.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20

Usually somewhere between 50-75.
Keeps the buying in check,

CT

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

I don't know
I'm afraid to count lest someone draw the conclusion that I'm obsessive about my wine.
That would be so wrong...
or at least embarassing

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer