mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

One More Friday Gone... it's cold and windy here!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Sparky!!

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:We don't have hording problems here.... ha ha ha I have a buying problem.....

No, no, no. We don't have buying problems, we have drinking problems! We don't drink fast enough!!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:No, no, no. We don't have buying problems, we have drinking problems! We don't drink fast enough!!

I knew I had it backwards!!!

bahwm

quality posts: 29 Private Messages bahwm
mommadeb1 wrote:One More Friday Gone... it's cold and windy here!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, yeah!

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:Um, yeah!

It is cold and windy here also... I thought I was going to be able to hibernate this weekend, unfortunately for me, both kids have stuff we have to do in town this weekend...... grrrrrr

bahwm

mommadeb1 wrote:It is cold and windy here also... I thought I was going to be able to hibernate this weekend, unfortunately for me, both kids have stuff we have to do in town this weekend...... grrrrrr

How cold is it?

Speaking of hibernating: we had such a busy week that we really didn't have a chance to get over our lack of sleep Sunday night and any time differences. This morning, I slept until 11:10 am after turning off the light at 12:50 am! We were supposed to be doing Feast work, but our managing director had other ideas, and so, we had to cancel that 9:30 event. Darn! Then, I bailed on a conference that I should have been attending, if not for Feast stuff! I have to keep reminding myself that my health is still a bit compromised from my flu episode. I need to get rid of this lingering cough and Quebec is in less than two weeks.

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

mommadeb1

bahwm wrote:How cold is it?

Speaking of hibernating: we had such a busy week that we really didn't have a chance to get over our lack of sleep Sunday night and any time differences. This morning, I slept until 11:10 am after turning off the light at 12:50 am! We were supposed to be doing Feast work, but our managing director had other ideas, and so, we had to cancel that 9:30 event. Darn! Then, I bailed on a conference that I should have been attending, if not for Feast stuff! I have to keep reminding myself that my health is still a bit compromised from my flu episode. I need to get rid of this lingering cough and Quebec is in less than two weeks.

Your health is definitely the most important thing!!!

Our lows for the next couple of days will be in the lower/mid 30's our high today was only 50 something with sprinkles and lots of WIND yuck!! tomorrow if we are lucky we will get into the 50's with rain and more wind..... chance for freeze tomorrow night... burrr

mommadeb1

new kick I am on... Prosecco!!! mmmm light and bubbly.....

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
bahwm wrote:How cold is it?

I think you might be the busiest people in the world.

mommadeb1

chemvictim wrote:I think you might be the busiest people in the world.

I think you are correct!!!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
chemvictim wrote:I think you might be the busiest people in the world.

And they like it that way.

But not for the rest of us.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Who passed on the cyberpub crud to me?

mommadeb1

tiger7610 wrote:Who passed on the cyberpub crud to me?

not me!!!! Hope you feel better sooon!!

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Stillman sent out an email today that said "Here are a lot of wines you want to drink. I will not give you prices or availability dates. Suck it!"

All I want to do is lighten up my pockets, you tease.

mommadeb1

Oh, Magilla Gorilla!!!!!!!!!!! It's COLD here!!! and windy......

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:Done. Although now I'm going to get whines about scrolling.

I've had to develop a blind spot for dancing bananas. All thanks to you.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

mommadeb1 wrote:It is cold and windy here also... I thought I was going to be able to hibernate this weekend, unfortunately for me, both kids have stuff we have to do in town this weekend...... grrrrrr

Is this the part where I disclose that molarchae and I had a picnic on the beach yesterday?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Itwdswafo

My last day off before my last 90 hour work week. Then two weeks off to enjoy some free time in NYC. Hoping for better weather at least before then...

bahwm

For our lovable polarbear22: a little PB!

polarbear22

bahwm wrote:For our lovable polarbear22: a little PB!

Thanks. We saw that on the news. I think they are having a naming contest. I think he should be Enjay. The PB Enjay.

I'll just stop now.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
klezman wrote:Is this the part where I disclose that molarchae and I had a picnic on the beach yesterday?

Oh look. More snow.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

In other news, I am currently sitting in a 16' rental truck heading to NJ with all my possessions behind me and my fiance driving. My sister is driving my car, which also has my cat and future mother-in-law in it. Think it's about to be my turn to drive the truck again...

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

polarbear22

cheron98 wrote:In other news, I am currently sitting in a 16' rental truck heading to NJ with all my possessions behind me and my fiance driving. My sister is driving my car, which also has my cat and future mother-in-law in it. Think it's about to be my turn to drive the truck again...

Journeys... Hope the drive goes well. And that the cat let your MIL have the front seat.

My Cellar

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Have a good drive, we are getting a little snow up here, but nothing major. Safe drive, and here is to a new life to you!

polarbear22

Need to upgrade my modem to get the most of what I am paying for on Internet speed. Need DOCSIS 3.0.

Looking at this one. Motorola Surfboard SB6141. I have been using an older model Motorola and it has been very reliable.

Any comments from the experts on the board?

My Cellar

klezman

cheron98 wrote:In other news, I am currently sitting in a 16' rental truck heading to NJ with all my possessions behind me and my fiance driving. My sister is driving my car, which also has my cat and future mother-in-law in it. Think it's about to be my turn to drive the truck again...

Hope you're all having a lovely drive!

mommadeb1

klezman wrote:Is this the part where I disclose that molarchae and I had a picnic on the beach yesterday?

ha ha..I hope you had a nice day.......we will be back in the upper 70's in a few days... It wouldn't have been so bad today if it hadn't been for the wind....

klezman

polarbear22 wrote:Need to upgrade my modem to get the most of what I am paying for on Internet speed. Need DOCSIS 3.0.

Looking at this one. Motorola Surfboard SB6141. I have been using an older model Motorola and it has been very reliable.

I'd say go for it if you can find a good price. I've had good luck with Motorola modems.

mommadeb1

Be safe!!

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
polarbear22 wrote:Need to upgrade my modem to get the most of what I am paying for on Internet speed. Need DOCSIS 3.0.

On my second, DOCSIS 2, Motorola now. You really purchasing bandwidth that would require 3.0 to support, or is your ISP just nagging you?

CT

polarbear22

rjquillin wrote:On my second, DOCSIS 2, Motorola now. You really purchasing bandwidth that would require 3.0 to support, or is your ISP just nagging you?

The ISP (Comcast) is saying I need 3.0 to take advantage of the new speed I have. I was also leasing before, so I should purchase and drop the lease.

My Cellar

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

We were at a friend's house the other weekend, and they mentioned that they are going to do a little addition to their house. Part of it will include an outside kitchen. When our friends mentioned that they'll probably get a smoker, SWMBO got pretty excited about that possibility, which I took as permission to buy one. :D

Is this a good deal to those who have or want a smoker?
WHo knew Staples sold smokers?

Or, what would you suggest?

edit: Maybe this one?

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Smokers with no charcoal fire? Granted I haven't tried it, but it seems something would be missing.

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
chemvictim wrote:Smokers with no charcoal fire? Granted I haven't tried it, but it seems something would be missing.

I'm thinking I'd get a propane model.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

And she is now officially an East Coaster again. Yay!
But ugh, driving that truck was tiring. and I still get to do another 3+ hours of it tomorrow and then unpack all her stuff in my condo.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
HitAnyKey42 wrote:And she is now officially an East Coaster again. Yay!
But ugh, driving that truck was tiring. and I still get to do another 3+ hours of it tomorrow and then unpack all her stuff in my condo.

true love for you right there.

bahwm

HitAnyKey42 wrote:And she is now officially an East Coaster again. Yay!

We were kind of wondering where all of her stuff would be going. Good luck with all of that!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
otolith wrote:I'm thinking I'd get a propane model.

I swear by my Weber Rocky Mountain Smoker Bullet. It runs on charcoal but is worth the extra effort! Once you get the temp stabilized, it will hold for 8-10 hours without need for adjustment

Also, there's a community forum based on it. So you can go there for tips, recipes and ideas.

klezman

joelsisk wrote:true love for you right there.

Agreed.