joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
klezman wrote:Why do we still not have our tracking numbers/links in the woot shipping emails? Such stupidity.

for serious!

and just as I type this response, a call from the fedex office that 3 boxes of wine are waiting for me

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
klezman wrote:Why do we still not have our tracking numbers/links in the woot shipping emails? Such stupidity.

you realize you answered your own question right?

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Just a guess (especially since I think amazon still includes them in their emails), but it is probably a security thing. If your email gets intercepted, now someone can't locate your tracking information without having direct access to your woot account information.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:Just a guess (especially since I think amazon still includes them in their emails), but it is probably a security thing. If your email gets intercepted, now someone can't locate your tracking information without having direct access to your woot account information.

Amazon sends them, but you have to basically log in to your account to see it.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

Long day... full moon always makes the kids at school crazy!! and our weather is getting COLD... by sunday they are saying it will be cold and rainy.. and they are even saying it we might see snow flurries around 3am.... of course it wont stick... and the chances are very slim..... but ......

mommadeb1

cross post from D&D thread.....

I think I am regretting not joining the wine club when we were at Jana and Scott's ..... those who are members, are there options? ....

otolith

quality posts: 24 Private Messages otolith
joelsisk wrote:for serious!

and just as I type this response, a call from the fedex office that 3 boxes of wine are waiting for me

I love my FedEx office! They are friendly, and call to remind me when something comes in.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim
mommadeb1 wrote:cross post from D&D thread.....

I think I am regretting not joining the wine club when we were at Jana and Scott's ..... those who are members, are there options? ....

When I joined there were several options. Going on memory, there was a zin only club, a superhero only club, and a Harvey Griffons club (the one I joined) which had a variety of reds, all tasty and good. That was some time ago, though...who knows what they are up to these days!!!

chemvictim

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chemvictim

Wooters, I am more insane than usual these days. My husband and I are preparing to buy our first home, at the ripe old age(s) of 35 and 38! Oh em geeee, is it stressful. Those of you who know me, know that I am TERRIBLE with all things money.

In other news, Reno really seems more beer-oriented than wine-oriented, and I'm having fun learning beer stuff. Hubby and I went to a beer tasting a few nights ago and had the pleasure of dining with two other couples who had each been married 47 years! Wow! They were super nice. I was seriously outpacing those "old" ladies until we got to the chocolate beers and desserts, then they left me in the dust!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
bhodilee wrote:you realize you answered your own question right?

Thought about that

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

North316 wrote:Just a guess (especially since I think amazon still includes them in their emails), but it is probably a security thing. If your email gets intercepted, now someone can't locate your tracking information without having direct access to your woot account information.

The most that would give away is the city to which it's being shipped. Can't redirect or intercept the shipment without more information.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

bhodilee wrote:Amazon sends them, but you have to basically log in to your account to see it.

Sometimes I miss the old woot - plain text emails, actual irreverence instead of the more tortured/belaboured version we have now, and simple tracking numbers easily available.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
mommadeb1 wrote:cross post from D&D thread.....

mommadeb1 wrote:I think I am regretting not joining the wine club when we were at Jana and Scott's ..... those who are members, are there options? ....

Far too many good ones, especially with the new Library one.

Check their web site for them.

SH Wine Club Page

HARVEY GRIFFINS - 4-Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($85.00/Shipment Average)
(*) Scott Harvey Amador County Reds (Zinfandel, Barbera, Syrah)
(*) Receive 2 bottles each of Reserves and Mountain Selections

Also a 2 bottle shipment Club

HARVEY FAMILY OF WINES - 4-Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($85.00/Shipment Average)
(*) 4 selections including Scott Harvey Amador Reds, Napa Valley Whites and Reds and Super Hero wines
(*) Receive 1 bottle of each from our Family of Wines

CLUB 1869 - 2-Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($50.00/Shipment Average)
(*) 2 selections of Zinfandels - Vineyard 1869, Amador Old Vine, Napa Valley Old Vine, Mountain Selection and InZINerator
(*) Receive 2 different bottles of a Scott Harvey Zinfandel

JANA WINE CLUB - 2-Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($55.00/Shipment Average)
(*) 2 selections per shipment including Rose, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Old Vine Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and Angel Eis
(*) Receive 2 different bottles of a Jana Napa Valley Wine

InZINerator Club - 1-2 Bottle Shipment
(*) Shipped quarterly in February, May, September and November ($45.00/Shipment Average)
(*) March shipment – 2 bottles of InZINerator
(*) June shipment – 1 signed InZINerator magnum (equal to two bottles)
(*) September – 2 bottles of InZINerator
(*) November – 1 signed 3 Liter of InZINerator (equal to four bottles)
(*) Selections are subject to change

I'm in the Harvey Griffins (2) & Club 1869 clubs.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

otolith

Is it bad if I'm already thinking about what bottle of wine I should open tonight???

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
otolith wrote:Is it bad if I'm already thinking about what bottle of wine I should open tonight???

I already know what I am opening tomorrow night.... Tonight I am finishing off the Moon Mountain 2007 Malbec I opened last night.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

quality posts: 162 Private Messages cortot20
otolith wrote:Is it bad if I'm already thinking about what bottle of wine I should open tonight???

Not really, I open 1 -2 bottles of red only on the weekends. So when Thursday/Friday rolls around I am starting to think about what to open. My work now blocks al alcohol related sites so I can't even look at what I have in CT at work anymore, so I have to be more proactive.

CT

joelsisk

Planning is a good thing.

Now, if you were just wishing you were DRINKING at this time of the morning...

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
joelsisk wrote:Planning is a good thing.

Given what he does for a living, I think drinking at this hour might be a dangerous thing.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

You and me both! I plan ahead for the weekend, normally start on Thursday and make my decision(s) by quitting time on Friday once we figure out all the meal plans, personal/family plans, etc for the weekend.

MarkDaSpark

Got a text message that the Wellington offer up now is almost sold out. Last chance!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

joelsisk

MarkDaSpark wrote:Got a text message that the Wellington offer up now is almost sold out. Last chance!

Nice. Oh, and you coming out to Colorado in April? We have a gathering just for you...

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:Nice. Oh, and you coming out to Colorado in April? We have a gathering just for you...

Maybe. Depends on family stuff.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Should add that to your signature before I do.

otolith

joelsisk wrote:Planning is a good thing.

Well, I kinda wish I wasn't working and was drinking right now. But I can wait until later tonight.

--John Muir

otolith

joelsisk wrote:Nice. Oh, and you coming out to Colorado in April? We have a gathering just for you...

Sure, ask him out and not me! :cry:

--John Muir

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
chemvictim wrote:Wooters, I am more insane than usual these days. My husband and I are preparing to buy our first home, at the ripe old age(s) of 35 and 38! Oh em geeee, is it stressful. Those of you who know me, know that I am TERRIBLE with all things money.

I'd like to tell you that it gets easier, but once you own the home, you have all the broken stuff to deal with. FUN!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

otolith wrote:Sure, ask him out and not me! :cry:

You and your lovely +1 are more than welcome... April 6th.

otolith

joelsisk wrote:You and your lovely +1 are more than welcome... April 6th.

We would love to make it, but I will unfortunately be on call that weekend.

I have never been to Denver, and would love an excuse to make it there.

--John Muir

joelsisk

otolith wrote:We would love to make it, but I will unfortunately be on call that weekend.

I have never been to Denver, and would love an excuse to make it there.

Plan a trip. We'll plan a gathering around it.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Not really, I open 1 -2 bottles of red only on the weekends. So when Thursday/Friday rolls around I am starting to think about what to open. My work now blocks al alcohol related sites so I can't even look at what I have in CT at work anymore, so I have to be more proactive.

So find yourself a good proxy service! Should be no need to put up with such corporate stupidity.

CT

otolith

joelsisk wrote:Plan a trip. We'll plan a gathering around it.

Excellent idea!

--John Muir

NonnaWY

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NonnaWY

Who's got Greystone Pinot Griego White Port?

This girl, thanks to our fellow winewooter, WineWootaHolic...

mmmm, caramel juice....

I will drink no wine before it's time. What time is it, anyway?

Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly.

MarkDaSpark

loveladyelectric wrote:Should add that to your signature before I do.

Done. Although now I'm going to get whines about scrolling.

MarkDaSpark

otolith wrote:Sure, ask him out and not me! :cry:

Cause I'm the Fun One!

MarkDaSpark

NonnaWY wrote:Who's got Greystone Pinot Griego White Port?

This girl, thanks to our fellow winewooter, WineWootaHolic...

mmmm, caramel juice....

I need to add that one for a White Port tasting! Along with the Prager White Port, Wellington White Port, and another one my sis bought me (Wiens or Leonesse).

MarkDaSpark

True dat!

otolith

MarkDaSpark wrote:Cause I'm the Fun One!

Pretty certain it's because you have more wine!

--John Muir

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
MarkDaSpark wrote:Done. Although now I'm going to get whines about scrolling.

Indeed, your sig takes up entirely too much room as it was.

CT

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Sometimes I freak a bit when I look at all the boxes of wine scattered about... Then I look through the treads and realize, my hoard is relatively small. I can't tell you want a comfort that is.

Thank you all. I was starting to think I had a problem.

mommadeb1

kittymac wrote:Sometimes I freak a bit when I look at all the boxes of wine scattered about... Then I look through the treads and realize, my hoard is relatively small. I can't tell you want a comfort that is.

Thank you all. I was starting to think I had a problem.

We don't have hording problems here.... ha ha ha I have a buying problem.....