MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

PoSt away folks!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

Courtesy of CJ:

cjsiege wrote:List of previous WW gatherings by area. Great reading and great examples of how to set up a Get-Together Thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upcoming Woot Wine Gatherings…All The News for the week of February 24th.

There has been a lot of recent activity in the "looking for helping hands" threads. Anyone willing to put a stake in the ground and spend some time talking it up with friends? Time to get a move on!

March
3/16: NYC #21: Cupcakes
3/22: Minnesota #20: Visitors from Afar
3/30: SoCal #24: Aged Zins

April
4/6: Colorado/Wyoming #?
4/19: Ohio Wine.Woot Table at the Wine Dinner

Pending
TBD: SeaTac & Western Washington Interest Thread.
TBD: Mid-May Somewhere Between Western NY and Cleveland
TBD: NYC Tasting #??: A Tribute (interest thread)
TBD: NorCal: Volcanic Terroir and/or Eastern European Finds
TBD: NorCal: Wheelbarrow o' Wine
TBD: Dallas #11
TBD: Arizona Verde Valley Winery Weekend

No events in your area??? Start one! Create an interest thread in the World of Wine Woot Community Tab.

So join or create a WW Gathering!

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

inkycatz wrote:For realz, no one takes my z.

Things have been really busy and I just haven't had a lot of time (okay, any) to log in and say hello! (Sorry about that.)

Perhaps I need to grab a glass of wine and scroll back up a bit...

InkyCatz!!!!! Welcome Back!! Yeah!!!!!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:InkyCatz!!!!! Welcome Back!! Yeah!!!!!

So now I have to change my sig again?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
North316 wrote:So now I have to change my sig again?

Yeah, contrary to rumor, I was not simply dumped in the Puget Sound early one morning and left for the fishes! :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

inkycatz wrote:Yeah, contrary to rumor, I was not simply dumped in the Puget Sound early one morning and left for the fishes! :D

There was no rumor, only speculation. I do hear that the Puget Sound is beautiful this time of year though..and cats do love fish.

My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
inkycatz wrote:Yeah, contrary to rumor, I was not simply dumped in the Puget Sound early one morning and left for the fishes! :D

Now that you're free, tell us all of Woot's secrets! Quickly, before they disappear you, perhaps into a body of water of some sort.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

bumping this back above last week's pub.

Also, wine from the wootoff has supposedly shipped, but the tracking number still just shows "shipping info received". Unfortunately the estimated delivery date (for the Noceto at least) is tomorrow, and I won't be home... need to change delivery to fedex store front, but don't have that option since it's not actually in the system.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

joelsisk wrote:bumping this back above last week's pub.

Also, wine from the wootoff has supposedly shipped, but the tracking number still just shows "shipping info received". Unfortunately the estimated delivery date (for the Noceto at least) is tomorrow, and I won't be home... need to change delivery to fedex store front, but don't have that option since it's not actually in the system.

You're seeing the electronic info where the winery tells FedEx some stuff is coming. You should see the info update in the next day or two. Remember wine shipments take 2-3 weeks so allow extra time. We're not even one week past the woot-off yet.

Oh, hai guys and gals.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
ThunderThighs wrote:You're seeing the electronic info where the winery tells FedEx some stuff is coming. You should see the info update in the next day or two. Remember wine shipments take 2-3 weeks so allow extra time. We're not even one week past the woot-off yet.

Oh, hai guys and gals.

Howdy!

and... yes, I realize that is what often happens. I was also surprised that the tracking info showed up last Thursday (for the Noceto. The others showed up today). Regardless, I just hope I don't get a missed delivery notice.

MarkDaSpark

Back from D&D, and preparing to launch that new Wine.Woot game (following that successful Woot-Opoly game) .... Wine.Woot WineBox Tetris©

The game where you try to fit three 3L bottles, 3 magnums, 3 full shipping boxes, and 4 to 5 regular case boxes (plus assorted suitcases, wine paraphernalia, etc.) into a Scion xB.

You too can play it on the road.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Back from D&D, and preparing to launch that new Wine.Woot game (following that successful Woot-Opoly game) .... Wine.Woot WineBox Tetris©

The game where you try to fit three 3L bottles, 3 magnums, 3 full shipping boxes, and 4 to 5 regular case boxes (plus assorted suitcases, wine paraphernalia, etc.) into a Scion xB.

You too can play it on the road.

I am still amazed at what you were able to get into the wootmobile!! I hope you took pictures!!!

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I am still amazed at what you were able to get into the wootmobile!! I hope you took pictures!!!

While driving back, rj and I kept forgetting we couldn't look back thru the rearview mirror.

Remember to purchase the new Wine.Woot WineBox Tetris© game, coming to a Woot-Off near you soon!

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:

While driving back, rj and I kept forgetting we couldn't look back thru the rearview mirror.

Remember to purchase the new Wine.Woot WineBox Tetris© game, coming to a Woot-Off near you soon!

ha ha ha, you know if I was driving my own vehicle........ I did have to trash my shipping coolers. They didn't look so good when I unpacked them. the bottoms were all broken out....

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I love my job, but holy crap can it be emotionally draining! I.AM.SPENT.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:I love my job, but holy crap can it be emotionally draining! I.AM.SPENT.

Time to say thanks again for all you do.

and sleep well.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

kylemittskus

otolith wrote:I love my job, but holy crap can it be emotionally draining! I.AM.SPENT.

Grab a glass, kiss your kids and wife, and then sleep, my friend.

mommadeb1

I agree with pb and kyle's advice....

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith
kylemittskus wrote:Grab a glass, kiss your kids and wife, and then sleep, my friend.

Done. Now off to bed.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

Hope you feel better in the morning!

MarkDaSpark

Want!

Different Types of Wine

Click on the link to be able to see the wines closer.

mommadeb1

MarkDaSpark wrote:Want!

Different Types of Wine

thats pretty cool!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

otolith wrote:Done. Now off to bed.

Hope things are betting this morning.

Hi all. Mondays and Tuesdays are so busy for me that I spend Wednesday recovering. Sigh.

Unfortunately, many errands call me today.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

MarkDaSpark wrote:Want!

Different Types of Wine

Nice, I like that. Just reminds when WW used to the sell the De Long's wine maps all the time. As I wanted to buy one of those, they were never sold again!

My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Just got back from dinner and a visit to my cellar. Hurried visits in the past couple of months had my Cellar tracker way out of date. I took the time this time to store my new terra Bella and Wellington victory properly as well as get everything back up to date. Another plus is that I am back down to my goal number of bottles (300 plus my tawnies) after being several cases over recently.

I figure that if everything is logged properly, it can be found and then consumed. I don't want to be one of these people who lets it get so out of date that I don't know where anything is and therefore can't drink any of it. ;-)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

cmaldoon

And why the heck is this place so dead. It's Wednesday and we're on page 1!

Bueler?

My Cellar

kylemittskus

I was going to say the same thing. Dead pub this week!

cortot20

quality posts: 144 Private Messages cortot20

So I've been taking a class for work, I swear I could teach it better than the guy they found. Not sure how these people get hired to teach things they have no experience with.

CT

kylemittskus

cortot20 wrote:So I've been taking a class for work, I swear I could teach it better than the guy they found. Not sure how these people get hired to teach things they have no experience with.

Like an English major teaching nursing theory? Not that my example resembles me at all or anything...

MarkDaSpark

Hey Kyle, is it us, or does it seem like there are more ID-10-T's on the main threads lately?

Latest one has been a member of Woot since 2004, but doesn't seem to know that Thursday (Wed 10 pm PT) offers are non-wine. Waddams Threatens Fire?

At least most of those prior to this past year seemed to have intelligent questions for the most part. Or maybe it's just Old-Timer's kicking in.

cmaldoon

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey Kyle, is it us, or does it seem like there are more ID-10-T's on the main threads lately?

Latest one has been a member of Woot since 2004, but doesn't seem to know that Thursday (Wed 10 pm PT) offers are non-wine. Waddams Threatens Fire?

At least most of those prior to this past year seemed to have intelligent questions for the most part. Or maybe it's just Old-Timer's kicking in.

Zactly. Not like non wine Thursday is a new thing. I mostly ignore Thursdays given that its either a bauble I shouldn't buy or food I shouldn't get the calories from. Especially since the wine is already 600-700 cal/ bottle.

The brandini toffee was tasty earlier this evening though.

My Cellar

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
cmaldoon wrote:And why the heck is this place so dead. It's Wednesday and we're on page 1!

Bueler?

I used to be able to stalk this thread all the time and get tons of laughs or interesting reads!

I'm jealous of everyone's little D&D jaunt last week. Sounds like everyone had a great time. May have to make some plans for next year...hopefully will have made the work move to Orange County by then!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cmaldoon wrote:Zactly. Not like non wine Thursday is a new thing. I mostly ignore Thursdays given that its either a bauble I shouldn't buy or food I shouldn't get the calories from. Especially since the wine is already 600-700 cal/ bottle.

The brandini toffee was tasty earlier this evening though.

I think he's posting to get his wine blog link out there. He's not selling anything so it's within our guidelines.

//shrug

He'll catch on. Everybody was a newbie at one time.

FORUM MODERATOR

North316

ThunderThighs wrote:I think he's posting to get his wine blog link out there. He's not selling anything so it's within our guidelines.

//shrug

He'll catch on. Everybody was a newbie at one time.

The point is, he's not a newbie though. He's had his account since 2004.

I would guess his motivations are split. 50% wine blog, 50% trying to be relevant to get Not Labratted

My CT

MarkDaSpark

North316 wrote:The point is, he's not a newbie though. He's had his account since 2004.

I would guess his motivations are split. 50% wine blog, 50% trying to be relevant to get Not Labratted

Although, if he was 12 in 2004, he just turned 21 this year.

Edit: Oh, and I heard that his blog is written bio-dynamically. You know, only during a full moon, dancing naked around a bull horn.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
MarkDaSpark wrote:Although, if he was 12 in 2004, he just turned 21 this year.

Edit: Oh, and I heard that his blog is written bio-dynamically. You know, only during a full moon, dancing naked around a bull horn.

Written bio-dynamically, but all the stuffing is not there. Maybe it should be dropped to the bottom of the ocean to age for 3 months until it is ready for the rest of world to read?

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
tdedek wrote:Written bio-dynamically, but all the stuffing is not there. Maybe it should be dropped to the bottom of the ocean to age for 3 months until it is ready for the rest of world to read?

This is how pages of fun reading are generated in the pub

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

MarkDaSpark wrote:Hey Kyle, is it us, or does it seem like there are more ID-10-T's on the main threads lately?

Are you trying to get me to start posting to entertain the rest of you? I am not your screaming monkey who dances on command! Oh, who am I kidding? I can't help myself most of the time.

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

Pulls the cord! Dance Kyle Dance

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Why do we still not have our tracking numbers/links in the woot shipping emails? Such stupidity.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT