WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What age did you start drinking wine seriously?
  • 0.9% - As a child. My religion took it very seriously. 63
  • 1% - As a teenager. I always preferred to sneak some wine instead of beer. 69
  • 2.1% - As a college kid. It seemed more sophisticated. 141
  • 3.7% - As a young adult. I was too mature for beer then. 249
  • 82.6% - In my thirties. I grew into it, I guess! 5570
  • 2.7% - Older than thirty. Thanks for lumping all these ages together so I could seem young. 182
  • 7% - I never have taken wine seriously. 472
6746 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench

I think the fourth option was supposed to be two options. Are Woot's writers phoning in these polls lately? Interns running things? What?

cappo

quality posts: 31 Private Messages cappo
geekwench wrote:I think the fourth option was supposed to be two options. Are Woot's writers phoning in these polls lately? Interns running things? What?

If it was separate it wouldn't make as much sense since you wouldn't be marking the "older than thirty..." category anymore, so there'd be no reason to thank them.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

The day I graduated college, I was 22.

Neal K Bharadwaj

cycokiller

quality posts: 6 Private Messages cycokiller

When do they start beerwoot! so I can feel more a part of the club??

The wife drinks wine, so I just ask her these poll questions. It's just not as fun for me as beer related questions would be.

4F682120446F6E277420746F756368206D652074686572652100

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cycokiller wrote:When do they start beerwoot! so I can feel more a part of the club??

The wife drinks wine, so I just ask her these poll questions. It's just not as fun for me as beer related questions would be.

never.
never, ever, ever, ever.
(probably.)

blame logistics.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Wine is fun, why should I take it seriously?

joelsisk

quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

I can't remember the last time I drank wine seriously. Tasting and being thoughtful, yes, but drinking seriously?

elpawlik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elpawlik

Mine is as a young adult, but I am by no means too mature for beer.

sukeiasa

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sukeiasa

after this past weekend, i think i can officially say that i've gone to the deep end of the pool....

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5 NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Never. I always drink it frivolously.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

mstein609

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mstein609

I missed the poll, but for me it's option 1. My parents were not big drinkers, but they were very relaxed in their attitude towards alcohol and let us kids have a taste if we were interested. I had my first taste of Pauillac as a young 'un (yum!), and was introduced to German Rieslings and colheita port at 13.