otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

I'm in! I don't think I have this, and I love Peter's wines.

Dammit! I shouldn't be buying...

edit: Doc Sparky!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

mschauber wrote:What does it take to get a perfect score?

More quartz crystals than you can shake a stick at.

And seriously good wine.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

DingleBarry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry
moondigger wrote:(Sorta) long-time wooter, but I've never been motivated to post before now.

Anyway: You are not the post police. Nobody here should have to justify expressing their opinion just because you dislike said opinion.

Thank you -- that is all.

Well said. You should post more often!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
neilfindswine wrote:More quartz crystals than you can shake a stick at.

And seriously good wine.

I thought the crystals automatically made the wine good.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

michaelrenda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages michaelrenda

Great stuff. Stupid VA laws, though.

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
kylemittskus wrote:Too stubborn. Postponed due to weather.

So.... Victory has been Reserved for a later date?

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
neilfindswine wrote:More quartz crystals than you can shake a stick at.

And seriously good wine.

And here I thought the idea was that the stick was supposed to shake itself. Shows what I know!

CRock2442

quality posts: 5 Private Messages CRock2442

Damn Wellington. I will have the debt collectors start calling the winery.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
kylemittskus wrote:Did you know Peter himself dislikes organic/Biodynamic, also? And he posted his opinions on the internet, too. Are you going to get mad at him for doing it?

He's also been critical of the points system, publicly here on this forum. Get mad at him for that also, while you're at it. (Edit: I see PW jumped in and said the same thing as I just did).

Quite a lot of wineries are moving to Biodynamic/Organic. Its pretty fun watching the sheep run around the vineyards.

Neal K Bharadwaj

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid
kylemittskus wrote:Thanks! It was hard work, but I finally won that internet fight I was in.

nice work

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:I thought the crystals automatically made the wine good.

Naw it's the size of your horn.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

chipgreen

nealkb wrote:Quite a lot of wineries are moving to Biodynamic/Organic. Its pretty fun watching the sheep run around the vineyards.

Hoo boy, were you around for the unloading of the sheep video debacle? That was a fun one. I forget which winery was involved but there were a lot of upset wooters....

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

I'll help clear this one out even though I've got 4 unopened at home.....

Last wooter to woot:eluofthenine

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
eluofthenine wrote:I'll help clear this one out even though I've got 4 unopened at home. In for 1.

You killed it off!

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
neilfindswine wrote:I'm starting a bio-dynamic points system. Hoping you're all on board.

I give the idea 89 burried hornfulls and a dash of lambs blood for good measure.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

eluofthenine wrote:I'll help clear this one out even though I've got 4 unopened at home. In for 1.

Congrats on being the person formerly known as the "wooter to blame for sellout" but now known only as the generic "last wooter to woot". A much harder distinction to earn than "first sucker" yet hardly ever recognized.

bswift81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bswift81

This is a family favorite, it's one of the only wines we can all agree on. It's worth every penny, I would buy more, but already have two & like others have said my wine cellar is full.

eluofthenine

quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine
chipgreen wrote:Congrats on being the person formerly known as the "wooter to blame for sellout" but now known only as the generic "last wooter to woot". A much harder distinction to earn than "first sucker" yet hardly ever recognized.

I'd like to thank the academy...

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:edit: Doc Sparky!

That's gonna go to his head. And right before what he considers a national holiday - D&D.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

chipgreen

eluofthenine wrote:I'd like to thank the academy...

Don't forget the little people. Wait, is it ok to say "little people"? Vertically challenged?

CelesteCraft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CelesteCraft

Been forever since I wooted, and I'm seriously looking forward to trying one of these and aging the other.

boatman72

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boatman72
SonomaBouliste wrote:IMHO the 2007 is better than the 2005 & 2006. We had a lot of great components with which to work. Flavors and tannins are fully ripe at below 14% alcohol. This vintage has everything we want in a reserve wine: concentration and intensity, complexity, seamless balance. FWIW the upcoming issue of Wine Enthusiast gives it a 94 rating.

Have two bottles in the stash, but missed this offer. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
loveladyelectric wrote:Because it's self-serving, has zero value to anyone else, and sours the mood.

are you secretly his wife being all passive aggressive internety in retalition for having to clean the kitchen (cause really, that's your job).

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
neilfindswine wrote:I'm starting a bio-dynamic points system. Hoping you're all on board.

dunno, sounds like crap to me.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Anyone who missed the 05 or 06 and wants to swap some bottles of those for this to get the vertical gt hold of me!

zimco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zimco

Just opened an 2006 Wellington Victory Reserve. A strong musty smell. Anyone else have this kind of experience with his Victory wines?