tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Status: Awaiting Shipping

Nuff said for fear of being called a shill

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:I think scores are pretty stupid.



Thanks for sharing. Now tell us how you feel about biodynamic farming, because we care.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:Thanks for sharing. Now tell us how you feel about biodynamic farming, because we care.



By all means, attack my congratulating SB on his accolade.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Synos10


quality posts: 14 Private Messages Synos10

I've got 3 bottles of each the 2006 and 2007 cellared that I don't plan on opening yet. Just bought into this offering to try one and add one more to the cellar . . .

About to start a SIWBM. . .

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

I've been soooo good today. Resisted the Pinot, resisted (barely) Scott and here comes Mr. Wellington! And even though I have a couple bottles in hand already, resistance is futile. But hey, now I can get another woot! monkey with no shipping.
Cheers!
Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:By all means, attack my congratulating SB on his accolade.



That's very much what I did not do. I attacked your pointless addition, and snipped your congratulations out of it. Did you not see that I did that? Serious question, please answer.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:That's very much what I did not do. I attacked your pointless addition, and snipped your congratulations out of it. Did you not see that I did that? Serious question, please answer.



You're right; context means nothing. Let's snip apart everyone's posts and then respond to just that part. I'll try!

loveladyelectric wrote:very much congratulations



Thanks! It was hard work, but I finally won that internet fight I was in.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

mstern20878


quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

Bought the Wellington yesterday. Arrrgh! Oh, and Hooray!

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Can't pass this up, in for a set!

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
inkwench wrote:Jeepers!

My wine rack is over full, I had to buy another rack and dedicate it to bubblies.

i swore off buying more until I drunk lots.

Except, I told myself, Ty or Wellington or....

Wine for breakfast! Wine for lunch! Wine for dinner!

Who needs coffee....



It's all grapes right? It's a fruit. You need multiple servings a day!

Neal K Bharadwaj

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:Thanks! It was hard work, but I finally won that internet fight I was in.



By all means, please explain to me how giving your opinion on a points system was part of the congratulating. Furthermore, please explain how the congratulation would have been different had you left that out.

Context had nothing to do with it, because leaving it out would not have changed your congratulations. Your choice to include it served no purpose other than to show your disdain for a points system, which SB willingly chose to participate in. Are you going to attack him in the same tactless manner that you chose to attack DeLoach by saying that he's using his own money towards something that you disagree with and is strictly a marketing venture?

jhrdy724


quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhrdy724
loveladyelectric wrote:By all means, please explain to me how giving your opinion on a points system was part of the congratulating. Furthermore, please explain how the congratulation would have been different had you left that out.

Context had nothing to do with it, because leaving it out would not have changed your congratulations. Your choice to include it served no purpose other than to show your disdain for a points system, which SB willingly chose to participate in. Are you going to attack him in the same tactless manner that you chose to attack DeLoach by saying that he's using his own money towards something that you disagree with and is strictly a marketing venture?



At what point in history did expressing an opinion on a forum dedicated to providing opinions become such a nasty offense?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:By all means, please explain to me how giving your opinion on a points system was part of the congratulating. Furthermore, please explain how the congratulation would have been different had you left that out.

Context had nothing to do with it, because leaving it out would not have changed your congratulations. Your choice to include it served no purpose other than to show your disdain for a points system, which SB willingly chose to participate in. Are you going to attack him in the same tactless manner that you chose to attack DeLoach by saying that he's using his own money towards something that you disagree with and is strictly a marketing venture?



I might. Why does that bother you so much?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

DingleBarry


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:I might. Why does that bother you so much?



Because it's self-serving, has zero value to anyone else, and sours the mood.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
jhrdy724 wrote:At what point in history did expressing an opinion on a forum dedicated to providing opinions become such a nasty offense?



I have zero problems with people expressing their opinions. I have issues with Kyle's intentional lack of tact.

I do value Kyle's opinions most of the time, but the attack me made on the DeLoach thread irked me. The fact that he's tried multiple times now to twist what I've said to him today doesn't help my view of his character either.

SonomaBouliste


quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
loveladyelectric wrote:By all means, please explain to me how giving your opinion on a points system was part of the congratulating. Furthermore, please explain how the congratulation would have been different had you left that out.

Context had nothing to do with it, because leaving it out would not have changed your congratulations. Your choice to include it served no purpose other than to show your disdain for a points system, which SB willingly chose to participate in. Are you going to attack him in the same tactless manner that you chose to attack DeLoach by saying that he's using his own money towards something that you disagree with and is strictly a marketing venture?



Now now. I take zero offense at kylemittskus' remarks. I prefaced stating the score with ForWhatIt'sWorth because I, too, have a low regard for numerical ratings. We do submit samples to a couple of publications; unfortunately they focus (some more than others) on numbers fairly heavily but it's hard to get any other kind of PR for wines.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:Because it's self-serving, has zero value to anyone else, and sours the mood.



Did you know Peter himself dislikes organic/Biodynamic, also? And he posted his opinions on the internet, too. Are you going to get mad at him for doing it?

He's also been critical of the points system, publicly here on this forum. Get mad at him for that also, while you're at it. (Edit: I see PW jumped in and said the same thing as I just did).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Speaking of the mood being soured, the mood was great on this thread until it was apparently hijacked to air personal issues...

moondigger


quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger
loveladyelectric wrote:By all means, please explain to me how giving your opinion on a points system was part of the congratulating. Furthermore, please explain how the congratulation would have been different had you left that out.



(Sorta) long-time wooter, but I've never been motivated to post before now.

Anyway: You are not the post police. Nobody here should have to justify expressing their opinion just because you dislike said opinion.

Thank you -- that is all.

yorknh


quality posts: 3 Private Messages yorknh

Where's the delete happy mod when you need him?

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Lets move on people...anyone try this wine yet?

This is the thread for a WELLINGTON wine yes?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
DingleBarry wrote:Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!



My oh my... Who am I kidding; who's taking the bets? hehehe

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
SonomaBouliste wrote:Now now. I take zero offense at kylemittskus' remarks. I prefaced stating the score with ForWhatIt'sWorth because I, too, have a low regard for numerical ratings. We do submit samples to a couple of publications; unfortunately they focus (some more than others) on numbers fairly heavily but it's hard to get any other kind of PR for wines.



I'm aware that he meant nothing by it, I just don't think it was necessary or helpful. I noticed the FWIW because I think most of the people on here don't value the number system too much. And actually, in the DeLoach thread that I've been referencing Kyle commented on something from me about the points system being stupid and I thought it was a valuable remark. He also had little tact in it, but I listened.

That being said, I think you're too well respected and something of a wine.woot celebrity, so I assume he wouldn't attempt to attack you in the same manner he did with DeLoach. I guess the anonymity of their winemaker gave him a bit of courage.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:I'm aware that he meant nothing by it, I just don't think it was necessary or helpful. I noticed the FWIW because I think most of the people on here don't value the number system too much. And actually, in the DeLoach thread that I've been referencing Kyle commented on something from me about the points system being stupid and I thought it was a valuable remark. He also had little tact in it, but I listened.

That being said, I think you're too well respected and something of a wine.woot celebrity, so I assume he wouldn't attempt to attack you in the same manner he did with DeLoach. I guess the anonymity of their winemaker gave him a bit of courage.



I'll disagree publicly with anyone if I disagree with them. Peter doesn't believe in BS and he is open about his feelings on the points system. And he admits it's for publicity (which it is!). What is there to attack him about? Plus, he has a new hip. I can't kick a guy while he's still working on walking!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:Did you know Peter himself dislikes organic/Biodynamic, also? And he posted his opinions on the internet, too. Are you going to get mad at him for doing it?

He's also been critical of the points system, publicly here on this forum. Get mad at him for that also, while you're at it. (Edit: I see PW jumped in and said the same thing as I just did).



Please see my above reply. It's not your opinions I have a problem with, it's your history of belligerence and lack of tact.

DingleBarry


quality posts: 1 Private Messages DingleBarry
mschauber wrote:My oh my... Who am I kidding; who's taking the bets? hehehe



I'll take lovelyladyelectric, but you gots to give odds.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

FWIW I apologize for the digression of this thread. As I stated before, I'm in for 2 and would be in for 3 if I didn't have other shipments on the way. I haven't had this, but I've had the 05 and 06 and was very impressed. Given SB's opinion of the 07 in comparison, I would recommend this as a no-brainer for anyone willing to drop $40 on a bottle.

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
DingleBarry wrote:I'll take lovelyladyelectric, but you gots to give odds.



I was always more of peanuts and chocolate better... Odds weren't important ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:Please see my above reply. It's not your opinions I have a problem with, it's your history belligerence and lack of tact.



I disagree with the first but fully own the second.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:I disagree with the first but fully own the second.



Good enough. Draw?

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

On a separate note, was anyone watching the accenture tournament? I finally left for work when they stopped play for snow...

Neal K Bharadwaj

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:Good enough. Draw?



Too stubborn. Postponed due to weather.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

guzmantis


quality posts: 6 Private Messages guzmantis

I couldn't resist snagging a couple more of this, even though I have a set I haven't even touched yet. Fun Fact: The 2006 was my very first wine purchase from wine.woot, and my first online wine-buying experience ever! Cheers!

neilfindswine


quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

I'm starting a bio-dynamic points system. Hoping you're all on board.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

kylemittskus


quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
neilfindswine wrote:I'm starting a bio-dynamic points system. Hoping you're all on board.



Best post of the woot-off by far!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
neilfindswine wrote:I'm starting a bio-dynamic points system. Hoping you're all on board.



Hah! Can't wait...

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
neilfindswine wrote:I'm starting a bio-dynamic points system. Hoping you're all on board.



What does it take to get a perfect score?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

In for two. I look forward to starting to drink these in 4 years or so.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 43 Private Messages fredrinaldi
DingleBarry wrote:Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!


Where's Thunderthighs when you need her?? , after 2 days of Woot Off's the kids are getting stir crazy.