$74.99 $̶1̶4̶5̶.̶2̶5̶ 48% off List Price
2007 Wellington Victory Reserve
CT link above

Previous offer:
10/19/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

This should go quick. Still have my bottles from the last time this was offered. Can't wait to try them, but I also need to wait as they should continue to evolve and improve.

There have been some impressive offerings in this woot off.

NascarDad

quality posts: 21 Private Messages NascarDad

Now I truly cry about Virginia not being able to order.

rpm

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rpm

Autobuy!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

In for a pair. Anyone in the sf bay want one?

Neal K Bharadwaj

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

In for 2! I'm so glad this came up, I got the 05 and 06 as my first wine.woot a year or so ago and I've been dying to get more. I assume the 2007 vintage is as good or better. Is Mr. Wellington here to provide a comparison?

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

In for one because Jersey

CT

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin
sdwindansea wrote:This should go quick.
There have been some impressive offerings in this woot off.

Have to agree. Already have half case, want more, need more room and funding.

Well done WD so far.

CT

brettstr42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brettstr42

Anyone comment...quickly....on the price?

rjquillin

nealkb wrote:In for a pair. Anyone in the sf bay want one?

You want/need both!

CT

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid

Holy moly Woot. SO good. The moths in my wallet have found a new place to live over the last day or so! Still happily working through my 2006's...but always nice to add some more of this to my collection!
Thank you!

rjquillin

brettstr42 wrote:Anyone comment...quickly....on the price?

A bit higher than the '06, but consistent with '05 and earlier '07 offerings.

CT

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid
brettstr42 wrote:Anyone comment...quickly....on the price?

Expensive, yes, but seriously worth every penny

jgosau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgosau

Well, the price is high enough to stop me from buying another pair. I tried one from the last offering, and decided to put the other one away for a while. Good wine for sure, but it didn't blow me away enough.

woopdedoo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages woopdedoo

This has been an expensive Woot-off thus far (fortunately?) I missed the 97 Ardente yesterday. I think I had a Pavlov reaction to Scott's Zins and bought another two today (then checked and found I had bought two in January). I guess you can never have too much Zin!

nealkb

rjquillin wrote:You want/need both!

In that case mine all mine!

Neal K Bharadwaj

nfurlong

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nfurlong
jgosau wrote:Well, the price is high enough to stop me from buying another pair. I tried one from the last offering, and decided to put the other one away for a while. Good wine for sure, but it didn't blow me away enough.

+1

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
loveladyelectric wrote:In for 2! I'm so glad this came up, I got the 05 and 06 as my first wine.woot a year or so ago and I've been dying to get more. I assume the 2007 vintage is as good or better. Is Mr. Wellington here to provide a comparison?

IMHO the 2007 is better than the 2005 & 2006. We had a lot of great components with which to work. Flavors and tannins are fully ripe at below 14% alcohol. This vintage has everything we want in a reserve wine: concentration and intensity, complexity, seamless balance. FWIW the upcoming issue of Wine Enthusiast gives it a 94 rating.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

In for two pair. I missed the offering, so glad to grab this on the woot-off.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig
jgosau wrote:I tried one from the last offering, and decided to put the other one away for a while. Good wine for sure, but it didn't blow me away enough.

Co-sign. I had almost exactly the same experience (with the 2006 for me). Worth the price, but not a steal. I have one more bottle that I have high hopes for, as I have no doubt it will age well.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Already have two laid down, out of storage, love Wellington, love Victory Reserve...WHAT DO I DO??

Order another set and kill a baby by drinking one early for a total of 3 in the cellar? Yes, yes, I can find room for a bottle, can't I???

In for 1!

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
SonomaBouliste wrote:IMHO the 2007 is better than the 2005 & 2006. We had a lot of great components with which to work. Flavors and tannins are fully ripe at below 14% alcohol. This vintage has everything we want in a reserve wine: concentration and intensity, complexity, seamless balance. FWIW the upcoming issue of Wine Enthusiast gives it a 94 rating.

Good news. And glad that you still went ahead and offerred to us here.

Now, Victory is mine!! (after a short shipping delay.)

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

I jus HAD to look at woot now. Sighs. In for 2 more sets to go with the 3 sets I bought the first time it was up here.

Peter, I'm glad to see the press recognizes the quality of your wine (for all that matters to those of us who have met you and tasted at your winery)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

SonomaBouliste wrote:IMHO the 2007 is better than the 2005 & 2006. We had a lot of great components with which to work. Flavors and tannins are fully ripe at below 14% alcohol. This vintage has everything we want in a reserve wine: concentration and intensity, complexity, seamless balance. FWIW the upcoming issue of Wine Enthusiast gives it a 94 rating.

And kudos for the ingredients listed in specs; full transparency.

Can we just pick these up this weekend and save WD having to ship?

In again, curse you rpm, in a very good manner.

CT

scott0210

quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
rjquillin wrote:A bit higher than the '06, but consistent with '05 and earlier '07 offerings.

The 05's were $30 each, 06's $27.50. But that was the good old days of 2010 or so when people were poor and wine was cheap.

sdwindansea

Here is the discussion from the last offering http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5208349. Lots of good information. However, if you spend the time to read it all, this may be gone .

sgreen55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreen55
nealkb wrote:In for a pair. Anyone in the sf bay want one?

Where are you? I'm in Marin

jhkey

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jhkey

Autobuy. This woot off is killing me!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Last Wooter to Woot:
North316

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

nealkb

sgreen55 wrote:Where are you? I'm in Marin

East bay and palo alto. Send me a pm. We can figure it out.

Neal K Bharadwaj

Flybranda

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Flybranda

Oh, I wish.
I curse the Virginia legislature.
The 2005 version was one of my first WOOTs from 2009 when I started.
Plan to open one of the '05s this year. Does that timing seem sensible to the experts here?

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, make the sage frolic, and the serious smile. -Homer

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Good thing I've got a set of 4 already. I'd happily take another half case, but no room.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

$40/bottle seems a little stiff, but I always miss the Victory offerings, so I'm in for a set.

Last wooter to woot:mschauber

Recommended drinking window?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

keithnowak7

quality posts: 11 Private Messages keithnowak7

I caved. Now my most expensive per-bottle Woot purchase. I have enjoyed all my Wellingtons and figured this would be a good reason to step into pricier bottles. Another mixed case offering wouldn't be unwelcome...

sdwindansea

mschauber wrote:
Recommended drinking window?

In my notes, I have drink now through 2022. However, I also note that 2017 - 2019 is probably ideal.

inkwench

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inkwench

Jeepers!

My wine rack is over full, I had to buy another rack and dedicate it to bubblies.

i swore off buying more until I drunk lots.

Except, I told myself, Ty or Wellington or....

Wine for breakfast! Wine for lunch! Wine for dinner!

Who needs coffee....

In inverse and not complete order. Rinfrescante. Pepper Bridge. Saxon Brown. Monkey Prize. Vina Robles. Ty Caton Tytanium (always!). Roshambo. Polyphemus. Donati Family. Poizon. Montinore. Kent Rasumussen. Mumm Napa. Boss Monster. Iron Horse. Albino Rhino. White Zeppelin, Buttonwood Farm, 8-Bit, Ty Caton Racchus, Twas!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rjquillin wrote:Have to agree. Already have half case, want more, need more room and funding.

Well done WD so far.

Thank you, thank you very much.. (think bad Elvis immitation).

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 240 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
Flybranda wrote:Oh, I wish.
I curse the Virginia legislature.
The 2005 version was one of my first WOOTs from 2009 when I started.
Plan to open one of the '05s this year. Does that timing seem sensible to the experts here?

The decision of when to drink involves personal taste as well as the structure of the wine. We want Victory to be both ageworthy and approachable young. The 2005 is very nice now, but I have little doubt it will last and develop for at least another 5 to 7 years..

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

I think scores are pretty stupid. That being said, I'm glad you're getting recognized for your skills (finally) by things that others deem to be quite valuable. Congrats!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen