0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

nmachen

quality posts: 35 Private Messages nmachen

What - two non-wines in a row?

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."
- Maria Robinson

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib

What if you do not have gourmet nuts to rub?

rodinlebaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodinlebaiser

Love to cook, love to rub, let's get this party started!

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua
bratib wrote:What if you do not have gourmet nuts to rub?

As I understand it, when you rub your nuts with this stuff, it makes them gourmet!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

I'm sure this has been brought up before when these were offered, but honestly I just ignored the offerings because rubs are easy to make. Anyways, back to my point two these list the ingredients as such:

Sweet & Smokey Spice Rub Ingredients: Brown Sugar, Italian Sea Salt, Smoked Spanish Paprika (Pimenton De La Vera), Garlic, Black Pepper, Rice Concentrate, Natural Smoke Flavor.

Cup of Coffee Rub Ingredients: Brown Sugar, Italian Sea Salt, Espresso, Black Pepper, Mustard Seed, Mustard Flour, Coriander, Rice Concentrate.

Sugar and Salt being the main ingredients? And Rice Concentrate, Waddams Threatens Fire is that? I'm hoping whatever it is just a tiny amount and is probably being used to keep the brown sugar from clumping...maybe?

Rubs are easy to make, experiment on your own!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
North316 wrote:I'm sure this has been brought up before when these were offered, but honestly I just ignored the offerings because rubs are easy to make. Anyways, back to my point two these list the ingredients as such:

Sweet & Smokey Spice Rub Ingredients: Brown Sugar, Italian Sea Salt, Smoked Spanish Paprika (Pimenton De La Vera), Garlic, Black Pepper, Rice Concentrate, Natural Smoke Flavor.

Cup of Coffee Rub Ingredients: Brown Sugar, Italian Sea Salt, Espresso, Black Pepper, Mustard Seed, Mustard Flour, Coriander, Rice Concentrate.

Sugar and Salt being the main ingredients? And Rice Concentrate, Waddams Threatens Fire is that? I'm hoping whatever it is just a tiny amount and is probably being used to keep the brown sugar from clumping...maybe?

Rubs are easy to make, experiment on your own!

The problem with making your own rubs is you have to buy quantities of the spices that you may not use for anything else. And as any good cook knows spices don't last forever. So purchasing a premade rub for those in small families might be the ideal solution.

burns72

quality posts: 9 Private Messages burns72

I cannot believe you went with the serious response when there were so many nut rub jokes comments avaliable!

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
webgenie wrote:The problem with making your own rubs is you have to buy quantities of the spices that you may not use for anything else. And as any good cook knows spices don't last forever. So purchasing a premade rub for those in small families might be the ideal solution.

While I agree with that general statement, the ingredients for all of the rubs are as follows:

Zesty Lemon Spice Rub Ingredients: Italian Sea Salt, Garlic, Rosemary, Black Pepper, Coriander, Lemon Oil.

Spice & Herb Spice Rub Ingredients: Celery Seed, Rosemary, Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt, Italian Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Sage, Thyme, Marjoram.

Sweet Tooth Dessert Rub Ingredients: Turbinado Sugar, Brown Sugar, White Sugar, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Vanilla.

Besides some small quantity, random things that could easily be replaces (lemon oil, mustard flour, rice concentrate, and natural smoke flavor) these are all very typical spices that every cook should have on hand!

The fact that "spices don't last forever" is a debate in it's own. Obviously they are affected differently over time, but most have an unchanged shelf-life of 6-12 months and can generally last anywhere for 1-3 years, though will lose some of their potentcy as the natural oils dry up.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013