$79.99 $̶1̶9̶0̶.̶6̶0̶ 58% off List Price
2010 Scott Harvey Wines Zinfandel, Amador County, Old Vine Reserve
CT link above

Previous offer:
1/15/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rpm

quality posts: 172 Private Messages rpm

Same price as 1/15/13 - bought two then. buy it if you didn't last time!

Wine-tasting in 8 words:
Pull lots of corks!
Remember what you taste!

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Any Bay Area splits?

Neal K Bharadwaj

webdev511

quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511

in for one! Yum!

LoungeLizard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoungeLizard

I guess no license in Maryland?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Bought this last time it was offered, haven't tried it yet. The 2009 is one my absolute favorite WW purchases. So much so that I bought more directly from Scott. While 2010 wasn't as good of a year, generally speaking, I have plenty of faith that Scott coaxed as much as he could out of this vintage as well.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cb3500blue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cb3500blue

In for one ... I've never been disappointed with a Scott Harvey wine! Wish I could be in for 3, but wine.woot has the cash flow running low for me.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
LoungeLizard wrote:I guess no license in Maryland?

He has noted that he specific does not have licenses to Maryland and NH in the past. He has also noted that if you call the winery directly and let them you are a wooter, they have other distribution methods that can likely get you the wine for the same or similar price, but shipping won't be this cheap.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

valcich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valcich

Still no love for Maryland, Dr. Jones.

jeeperwoot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages jeeperwoot

Got this last time and wish I could get more. Alas, I just spent the weekend in Telluride. I know, I know....boo....hoo....

tenoreprimo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tenoreprimo

It is delicious! Great food wine. You will not be disappointed.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
North316 wrote:Bought this last time it was offered, haven't tried it yet. The 2009 is one my absolute favorite WW purchases. So much so that I bought more directly from Scott. While 2010 wasn't as good of a year, generally speaking, I have plenty of faith that Scott coaxed as much as he could out of this vintage as well.

I'm not sure, but I believe that older vines are somewhat less influenced by weather than younger vines, so they produce a more consistent grape year over year. Lower yields, but better fruit.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
jhkey wrote:I'm not sure, but I believe that older vines are somewhat less influenced by weather than younger vines, so they produce a more consistent grape year over year. Lower yields, but better fruit.

I have heard this as well.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim

Eell to the YA! I missed this last month. I'm 10 bottles over capacity in my chiller right now so, I'm in!! I'll start a stack of boxes....until my wife starts asking questions, like what's that stack of boxes, and why is that chiller thing so full. DOH!

I've not had anything SH yet, but the other night I popped a bottle we got as a gift in a basket or something in the last 2-3 years, which is usually some cheap something. It was a 2008 Old Vine Zin, Maggio I think. I ran out of cheap Hershey's Dark Chocolate with it after I'd already realized I may be a new born old vine Zin lover.

I'm looking forward to this one!

mstern20878

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mstern20878

So glad these don't ship to Maryland, really trying to save some money, but this would have gotten me. I love to Zin.

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman

Glad I got a couple of these coming from Ron. I am so over capacity. Only thing I'm buying right now is the Braganini I didn't get a couple weeks ago. I expect that will be around next wootoff.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cgrizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cgrizz

Bought this last time round in January. After one bottle I kicked myself for not having bought more. This wine is great. Definitely buying again.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea

There have been some excellent offerings in this woot off (Vino Noceto, Wellington Zin) and now this. I just purchased the Raised By Wolves offering so I need to hold back. Plus I still have several bottles of the 2009 Scott Harvey zin in my cabinet. Otherwise, I doubt I could control myself.

plittgirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages plittgirl
LoungeLizard wrote:I guess no license in Maryland?

If you call the winery, they'll ship through a distributor to MD but at the woot shipping price of $5. I got 2 deals last month shipped to Baltimore.

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
rpm wrote:Same price as 1/15/13 - bought two then. buy it if you didn't last time!

Yes sir!

Searayjim

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Searayjim

Going, going........

...and, GONE!

winedrew

quality posts: 6 Private Messages winedrew
mstern20878 wrote:So glad these don't ship to Maryland, really trying to save some money, but this would have gotten me. I love to Zin.

If you give Scott and Jana a call they will take care of you!

bunnyh64

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bunnyh64

My FedEx guy is going to love us -- 3 WW orders in the past 24hrs and more WOs still to come.

One day, I know he's just going to come in with a corkscrew and join us for an opening.

chipgreen

quality posts: 190 Private Messages chipgreen
winedrew wrote:If you give Scott and Jana a call they will take care of you!

Or come to Wooster, OH in April to meet and buy wine from them in person at their annual Winemaker's Dinner w/Scott & Jana Harvey at the Wooster Inn.

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

About half an hour ago I got a call from WineDrew saying we were on Woot. I happened to be driving to woot delivering the Angel Eis that was just up last week. So, I missed on getting on before this ran out. Sorry about that. For those of you in states we don't have a license in, give us a call at the winery 707 968-9575 and we'll take care of you.