(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Merlot, 100ml
(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Zinfandel, 100ml
(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Chardonnay, 100ml
(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Sauvignon Blanc, 100ml
(1) Salute Santé! Cold Pressed Grapeseed Oil-Riesling, 100ml

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

Neenie2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neenie2

A few more hours to go. Some cheese would be nice, if you've got any spare to woot

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms

Don't get the idea in your head that you will have vintage-flavored oils... they will all pretty much taste the same, save acid levels, soil compositions, etc... all in all, it's a good deal, but don't buy into the rap-about... I would challenge anyone to do a blind tasting of grapeseed oils and have them classify the vintage, terroir, etc. ... good luck with that... .

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

Pbparker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pbparker

This a good deal anyone? I've been thinking of picking up some grapeseed oil to try in comparison to other oils, but this price seems high for the size of bottles. I've not priced this type of oil before so no idea.

brucedoesbms

quality posts: 158 Private Messages brucedoesbms
Pbparker wrote:This a good deal anyone? I've been thinking of picking up some grapeseed oil to try in comparison to other oils, but this price seems high for the size of bottles. I've not priced this type of oil before so no idea.

This is a good deal... the advantage with GS oil is that it has a very high flash point and a very low fat content... duhhh! ...anyways, buy, cuz you cannot find this quality for the dollars elsewhere... .

“Giving a camera to Diane Arbus is like putting a live grenade in the hands of a child.” --Norman Mailer
woot!ism of Assurance: "There is [WAS] no finer market than the one you create for something nobody wants, yet everyone buys... "

Neenie2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neenie2
Pbparker wrote:This a good deal anyone? I've been thinking of picking up some grapeseed oil to try in comparison to other oils, but this price seems high for the size of bottles. I've not priced this type of oil before so no idea.

The price isn't bad, this place wants $10 a bottle.

Pbparker

Okay thanks for the feedback, I'll jump in for one.

Igannon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Igannon
brucedoesbms wrote:This is a good deal... the advantage with GS oil is that it has a very high flash point and a very low fat content... duhhh! ...anyways, buy, cuz you cannot find this quality for the dollars elsewhere... .

So... oil is ALL fat. There is nothing but fat. That is what oil is. Maybe you're talking about unsaturated far? That I could believe. But saying grapeseed oil has a low fat content is like saying water has a low moisture content.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday
Igannon wrote:So... oil is ALL fat. There is nothing but fat. That is what oil is. Maybe you're talking about unsaturated far? That I could believe. But saying grapeseed oil has a low fat content is like saying water has a low moisture content.

So all those dehydrated water packets in my zombie apocalypse survival kit...you're saying they're worthless?

Pbparker

greyday wrote:So all those dehydrated water packets in my zombie apocalypse survival kit...you're saying they're worthless?

Speaking of zombie, anyone sautéed zombie in this type of oil? How's the aftertaste?

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999
greyday wrote:So all those dehydrated water packets in my zombie apocalypse survival kit...you're saying they're worthless?

And I have all of those dehydrated water CANS rattling around in my emergency trailer. And the emergency dehydrated water boxes are starting to deteriorate in the humidity of my bomb shelter.

binnapa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages binnapa

The oil is made 100% from varietal grape seed. There is nothing added. You will taste a subtle difference between them. The most significant flavor profile is between the Syrah, Chardonnay and Riesling

binnapa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages binnapa

It is true about the high flash point however you I got the memo to cook with these oil. There is a difference between a refined grape seed oil for cooking and our Extra Virgin Cold Pressed. You would use it as you use a good quality EVOO. Just drizzle on your finished dish