WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Ardente 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon (3)

Speed to First Woot:
2m 15.665s
First Sucker:
bobrush12866
Last Wooter to Woot:
bill750
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 13% of Wine Woots
Top 25% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 37% of Wine Woots
Top 33% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 1% second woot
  • 12% < 10 woots
  • 16% < 25 woots
  • 72% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 0% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 1% one month old
  • 9% one year old
  • 90% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 87% bought 1
  • 11% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
56%
44%
0%
0%
0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare


quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

Ardente Espressione 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon 3-Pack
$69.99 $̶1̶5̶2̶.̶9̶0̶ 54% off List Price
1997 Ardente Espressione Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak Napa Valley
CT link above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

knotheadusc


quality posts: 5 Private Messages knotheadusc

I bought three library packs of '97, '01, and '02 a few months ago and they were excellent. All three were excellent and the 1997 was especially yummy. Think I'm in for one.

thenativesarerestless


quality posts: 8 Private Messages thenativesarerestless

tried this via "library cab mix".

not a bad wine, but was expecting more from the raves.

this one is very dry - almost chianti dry.

not horrible, but not what i was expecting
(just my opinion, of course)

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000

How much of this can possibly be left???

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866

It's back again!

Fred: Time to reload!

Speed to First Woot:2m 15.665s
First Sucker:bobrush12866
Last Wooter to Woot:toadylama

EDIT: In for 1.... Great stuff although my most recent bottle of the 97 was corked... All of the others were excellent! This will bring my 97 Ardente cellar count up to 16..... Fred still has me beat!

jcarlton03


quality posts: 6 Private Messages jcarlton03

Excellent stuff! I would be in on this, but I just picked up more. This was the best year from the mix IMO.

You will not regret buying this one.

It's great to be a Florida Gator!

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

Fred, check your PM's

CT

jgosau


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgosau

Just tried the first bottle from the last shipment, and absolutely loved it. Amazingly it still has some tannin left after all these years of aging.

claytonscott12


quality posts: 0 Private Messages claytonscott12

Bought the mixed three pack of the '97, '01, and '02 last time around and have only drank the '97 so far. The '97 was an excellent wine. It took about 30 min to an hour of decanting for it to hit that sweet spot for me. It started off a little dry and dull, but it opened up with a good amount of acidity and a little bit of dry fruit (cherry mainly). A well made wine and drank extremely well for the price. You would be hard pressed to find another bottle of this age and quality for this price. Definitely would buy again. The only thing with buying multiples of the '97 is that in my opinion the drinking window is closing rather quickly at this point, probably 1-2 more years, before most of the more complex layers start to fizzle out. I could be wrong about that, but it is still worth drinking now so buy up!

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7

clickin' on "buy now" and get directed to wiki foundation site. not the first time this has happened plus other "click on" misdirects. what"s happenin', woot?
it worked on the 7th attempt. i was, of course, forced to buy 3 in case my "buy now" click doesn't work again today. life's not meant to be easy. ;)

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

you SOB's

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee

In for one... hubby was nagging me to buy and he doesn't drink the stuff! Now hoping more yummy stuff comes up while I have "free" shipping.
Cheers!

Last Wooter to Woot:cynthylee

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
fredrinaldi wrote:you SOB's



Is that a bad thing?
Cheers!

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

1997 was an epic Napa cab year, in for 1, or 2 or . . . hmmmm

mddoc101


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mddoc101

Screw it I'm moving.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
fredrinaldi wrote:you SOB's



Fred: a great reload opportunity for u!

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Pretty sure the only bottle I've had of this was bad. I should contact CS about this but I'm lazy.

Tasting notes include dust and dirt on the nose, and dust and dirt on the palate. After taste had a hint of fruit. Everyone else has reported better things.

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
cynthylee wrote:Is that a bad thing?
Cheers!


yes. having a faulty "buy now" click on "wine woot" is absolutely a bad thing. SOB's!!!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
cynthylee wrote:Is that a bad thing?
Cheers!


Oh no, except I was going to take this WO slow, and they had to offer one of my favs. Although I still have 8 of the 97's left, ... and 6 each of the 01s and 02s

LoungeLizard


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoungeLizard

It was the free shipping that pushed me over which only means it's not my first purchase today but better be nearing the last. I only have one left from the last purchase and was wondering when to drink the last bottle. Maybe this weekend waiting for more...

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
sandig7 wrote:yes. having a faulty "buy now" click on "wine woot" is absolutely a bad thing. SOB's!!!



I had no problem. Perhaps a timing thing or regional thing?
Cheers!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
bobrush12866 wrote:Fred: a great reload opportunity for u!


I know, I did a recap of my WW spending last year...well over $6,000. I'm trying to be good in 2013.
PS don't tell the wife,

cynthylee


quality posts: 9 Private Messages cynthylee
fredrinaldi wrote:Oh no, except I was going to take this WO slow, and they had to offer one of my favs. Although I still have 8 of the 97's left, ... and 6 each of the 01s and 02s



Yay--then I'm glad I went in. I got the 02 the last time around, so this will be nice to add to the collection.
Cheers!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
rjquillin wrote:Fred, check your PM's


done, (u knew you would catch me here)

ERMD


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

I'm in for an order. I loved 2 of the 3 bottles(one was corked)

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Just curious. How soon after receiving this did you drink it? Anyone subscribe to the travel shock phenomena and let them rest? If so, for how long?

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
loveladyelectric wrote:Pretty sure the only bottle I've had of this was bad. I should contact CS about this but I'm lazy.

Tasting notes include dust and dirt on the nose, and dust and dirt on the palate. After taste had a hint of fruit. Everyone else has reported better things.


Get ahold of WW customer service they will replace it.

emmabean2000


quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
fredrinaldi wrote:I know, I did a recap of my WW spending last year...well over $6,000. I'm trying to be good in 2013.
PS don't tell the wife,



And that was just on this wine alone

enigmaos


quality posts: 0 Private Messages enigmaos

limit 3 per person. :-/

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
cynthylee wrote:I had no problem. Perhaps a timing thing or regional thing?
Cheers!


i have watched the "yellow line" shrink and so know others are not having the same problem. i'm half way thru' a tasi merlot 2009 so not feeling the frustration/pain so badly now.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
emmabean2000 wrote:And that was just on this wine alone


Yep!!

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
sandig7 wrote:i have watched the "yellow line" shrink and so know others are not having the same problem. i'm half way thru' a tasi merlot 2009 so not feeling the frustration/pain so badly now.


Hope they offer the Tasi, got to make it up to the wife, she really likes that stuff.

eluofthenine


quality posts: 8 Private Messages eluofthenine

Great wine but I've had enough. Wish it was 3 01's...

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
claytonscott12 wrote:Bought the mixed three pack of the '97, '01, and '02 last time around and have only drank the '97 so far. The '97 was an excellent wine. It took about 30 min to an hour of decanting for it to hit that sweet spot for me. It started off a little dry and dull, but it opened up with a good amount of acidity and a little bit of dry fruit (cherry mainly). A well made wine and drank extremely well for the price. You would be hard pressed to find another bottle of this age and quality for this price. Definitely would buy again. The only thing with buying multiples of the '97 is that in my opinion the drinking window is closing rather quickly at this point, probably 1-2 more years, before most of the more complex layers start to fizzle out. I could be wrong about that, but it is still worth drinking now so buy up!


CHEERS!!!!

sandig7


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandig7
fredrinaldi wrote:Hope they offer the Tasi, got to make it up to the wife, she really likes that stuff.


me too. it got 3 out 4 on my happy face scale; so good.

Winedavid39


quality posts: 207 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

emmabean2000 wrote:How much of this can possibly be left???



more fun to come!

itsernst


quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsernst

I had the 1997 from the previous school that was offered and tried it with a sommelier who is a family friend and she was a big fan of it. Heavy prune/fig & leather notes. I was a bit underwhelmed, but I digress

scott0210


quality posts: 6 Private Messages scott0210
loveladyelectric wrote:Pretty sure the only bottle I've had of this was bad. I should contact CS about this but I'm lazy.

Tasting notes include dust and dirt on the nose, and dust and dirt on the palate. After taste had a hint of fruit. Everyone else has reported better things.


Could be a personal thing. I didnt like them much either. Im thinking im not a fan of aged wine yet. I just not appreciating that musty smell. I tatsted a 00 corison vs an 07 corison and actually preferred the 07. Might need ssome time and experience to learn more about the aged wines and what to look for. Didnt care much for those 99 terras either. Same musty smell, taste even after an hour.

fredrinaldi


quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
sandig7 wrote:me too. it got 3 out 4 on my happy face scale; so good.



I did find a place in West L.A. but its 32 miles round trip, but I'll do anything for my Lady. Picked up 2 cases there 2 weeks ago, Mel & Rose on Melrose....get it?