$99.99 $̶1̶7̶2̶.̶0̶0̶ 42% off List Price
2008 Estate Zinfandel
2008 Meeks Hilltop Zinfandel
2008 Sonoma Valley Zinfandel
CT links above

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

benyust2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benyust2

Speed to first woot: 0m 34.770s
First sucker:benyust2

Wellington = Auto buy!

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman

These are awesome. If you like the less bombastic style of Zin, Peter has you covered. Too bad SIWBM must stand. I've thoroughly enjoyed prior vintages of all three of these in the past, although the Estate is my clear favourite.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

In for a set. Anyone in the Bay want to split?

Neal K Bharadwaj

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

Gotta keep that vertical going.
Love my Wellingtons. Autobuy.

CT

longstreet9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longstreet9

I'd imagine these will sell fast, in for one.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin

fredrinaldi
PM for ya.

CT

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

In for one.

Cyradia

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Cyradia

Wellington = the only reason I remember to check woot any more.

Go me for checking it at the right time, seeing the woot-off, and lucking into Wellington order. Here's hoping everyone else finds it, orders these up, and we see more Wellington this afternoon.

Or some Tallulah...I wish that would come back around, too. Oh, and Block 13. Oh, and Gazzi. Man, remember when wine.woot.com used to have all the good stuff?!

mddoc101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mddoc101

Starting to really hate living in New England...

shohei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shohei

Did they just yank the pickles?

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I would be all over this but there is just not enough room to store it.

I had the 2007 Estate and Meeks Hilltop from a previous Wellington case offer. Checking my history, I actually already drank all 4, 2 of each.

No formal notes but I preferred the Meeks, thoroughly enjoying the Estate as well. Not a fruit bomb, retrained, great acidity.

I may have already talked myself into this one while writing this. Great QPR - maybe I can find or drink room.

josial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages josial

Wellington Zinfandel is one of my favorite wines. On top of it, they are some of the sweetest people in Sonoma. Alas, I have quite a bit of Zinfandel in the cooler at the moment.... eh, but none of theirs, so I suppose I'll be in for one. Summer's right around the corner anyways.

TrevynPaige

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TrevynPaige
Cyradia wrote:Wellington = the only reason I remember to check woot any more.

Go me for checking it at the right time, seeing the woot-off, and lucking into Wellington order. Here's hoping everyone else finds it, orders these up, and we see more Wellington this afternoon.

Or some Tallulah...I wish that would come back around, too. Oh, and Block 13. Oh, and Gazzi. Man, remember when wine.woot.com used to have all the good stuff?!

Let's not forget some Ty Caton!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
nealkb wrote:In for a set. Anyone in the Bay want to split?

I'll take that offer.

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian
TrevynPaige wrote:Let's not forget some Ty Caton!

Or Scott Harvey

deckerbrian

Looks like these are new releases.

Not even on the Wellington site yet.

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew
deckerbrian wrote:Or Scott Harvey

Agree to all - how about some Spaniard from Twisted Oak?

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

I'm not a zin guy but do like Wellington, With all the Zin and Wellington fans here this should slell out quick

ScottHarveyWines

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

I'm in. These wines are made the way I like my Zinfandels.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 34 Private Messages fredrinaldi

what got me hooked on Wine Woot was Medlock Ames wines, haven't seen them in 18 months or so, great wine

jgosau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jgosau

I spent years on Wellington's club list until I quit over the high shipping cost. Now I get them all here ;)

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
Cyradia wrote:Wellington = the only reason I remember to check woot any more.

I actually still have one last bottle of the Block 13. Probably held it longer than I should have, but it was hard to envision drinking my last one!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I'd be in if it were just 3 bottles, not 6. I have people that split cases with me, but fronting everything in a woot-off is a PITA.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559
ScottHarveyWines wrote:I'm in. These wines are made the way I like my Zinfandels.

Could you be more specific ?

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
deckerbrian wrote:Looks like these are new releases.

Not even on the Wellington site yet.

Correct. All three are w00t launch status. We're selling the last of the 2007s but don't have enough for a w00t ofering.

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

Oh dear...there goes my money

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

If I go in for one, anyone else in the Bay Area want to split?

chipgreen

quality posts: 186 Private Messages chipgreen
SonomaBouliste wrote:Correct. All three are w00t launch status. We're selling the last of the 2007s but don't have enough for a w00t ofering.

Hi Peter, love your wines and hope you're feeling nimble these days with your new hip hardware! Can you tell us why the 2008s are just now being released? Thanks!

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
dalematthew wrote:Agree to all - how about some Spaniard from Twisted Oak?

Yes, second the motion for the TO Spaniard'

deckerbrian

SonomaBouliste wrote:Correct. All three are w00t launch status. We're selling the last of the 2007s but don't have enough for a w00t ofering.

Interesting that the new release is an '08. There are many 2010's and 2011's on the market. Is there an aging story you'd like to tell?

rmm989

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rmm989

Wellington can ship to NJ now??

CT

Alison Gail Bixby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Alison Gail Bixby

I love Wellington, and I love Zin, but awhile back, someone on a Woot forum made a statement about California reds: 2005 and 2007 - very good years, 2009 - good, 2008, 2010, and 2011 - not so good, 2012 - great potential. I've kept this little note and wonder if Peter has worked his magic to make 2008 Zins better than "not so good." If they are good enough for Scott Harvey, I'm sure they are plenty good for me!

SonomaBouliste

quality posts: 234 Private Messages SonomaBouliste
chipgreen wrote:Hi Peter, love your wines and hope you're feeling nimble these days with your new hip hardware! Can you tell us why the 2008s are just now being released? Thanks!

The vast majority of our reds improve substantially with bottle age, but the main reason is that we are just selling the last of our 2007s. We overproduced Zin in the early 2000s and it created some inventory backlog.

tdedek

rmm989 wrote:Wellington can ship to NJ now??

They were able to with the last 2007 mixed case offer and 2007 Victory offering as well!

Loving it.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
ajrod27 wrote:I'll take that offer.

Sounds like a plan. Lets try to exchange wines sometime soon?

Neal K Bharadwaj

stella1122

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stella1122

Yea! I checked the Woot Off at just the right time. I love the Wellington Zins. I hope we'll see some Scott Harvey too. My day would be complete.

deckerbrian

SonomaBouliste wrote:The vast majority of our reds improve substantially with bottle age, but the main reason is that we are just selling the last of our 2007s. We overproduced Zin in the early 2000s and it created some inventory backlog.

Strange, I have the exact opposite problem. I over consumed zinfandel in the early stage of this year (with the help of my sister-in-law who loves "free wine Friday") so I have very little in the cellar.

tdedek

Alison Gail Bixby wrote:I love Wellington, and I love Zin, but awhile back, someone on a Woot forum made a statement about California reds: 2005 and 2007 - very good years, 2009 - good, 2008, 2010, and 2011 - not so good, 2012 - great potential. I've kept this little note and wonder if Peter has worked his magic to make 2008 Zins better than "not so good." If they are good enough for Scott Harvey, I'm sure they are plenty good for me!

Personally, if it is from a producer I know and love and during a vintage that some may consider lacking, I have to put my trust in the producer and not the broad reviews of the vintage as a whole. Not all vintages can be considered 'spectacular' but yet, spectacular wines are produced every single vintage.