(1) Brooklyn Brine Whiskey Barrel Sauerkraut, 16 oz
(1) Brooklyn Brine Chipotle Carrots, 16 oz

Website

Previous offer:
1/17/13

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

That's a whole lotta pickles!

Tamstress

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamstress

I thought a Woot-off was when items were offered for a cheaper price as Woot was looking to get rid of the few it had laying about? This is the exact price it was sold for last month.

Woot was I thinking? Whar was my head?

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Honestly, $80 in pickles?

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613
Tamstress wrote:I thought a Woot-off was when items were offered for a cheaper price as Woot was looking to get rid of the few it had laying about? This is the exact price it was sold for last month.

But it's half the price these pickles sell for at retail.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

How quickly do these expire? This package is for 240 oz of pickles, so how many ounces of pickles do I need to eat per day to keep them from going bad?

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

Were things selling too quickly and they needed to slow everything down? Who spends $80 on pickles?

michaelvella

quality posts: 12 Private Messages michaelvella

Don't know what I'd do with 12 jars, but last time these were offered in the 3 pack, we got some and they were VERY good.
The spicy and the whiskey sour were my favorites of the three we got, not that the NYC deli one wasn't good.
I know people are freaking about the 80 dollars, but with shipping that's 7 bucks each. They make nice gifts.
And they are far superior to any run of the mill grocery store brand.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
Tamstress wrote:I thought a Woot-off was when items were offered for a cheaper price as Woot was looking to get rid of the few it had laying about? This is the exact price it was sold for last month.

Nope, same price, just more than 1 item in a day and all the excitement of waiting to see if the one item you really want shows up; all the while making the Woot/Amazon top execs even richer by buying things you wouldn't ordinarily buy, simply because you want to get in before the gold box switches to grey...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 33 Private Messages fredrinaldi
pitamuffin wrote:Were things selling too quickly and they needed to slow everything down? Who spends $80 on pickles?

lol

Tamstress

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tamstress
mschauber wrote:Nope, same price, just more than 1 item in a day and all the excitement of waiting to see if the one item you really want shows up; all the while making the Woot/Amazon top execs even richer by buying things you wouldn't ordinarily buy, simply because you want to get in before the gold box switches to grey...

Oh, those salad days of 2009, when Woot was owned by Woot, Woot-Offs had good deals and it seemed the world was our affordable oyster... /weeps/

Woot was I thinking? Whar was my head?

hillstrubl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hillstrubl

Are they Brian Williams' approved?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxoCi4wCmI

gtcharlie

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gtcharlie
pitamuffin wrote:Were things selling too quickly and they needed to slow everything down? Who spends $80 on pickles?

Not to mention it wasn't that long ago they were offered so I am guessing anyone who came to wine woot looking for pickles and bought them has a few jars left. And if they don't they probably need to visit pickles anonymous.

90mcg112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 90mcg112

Come on Woot, sell these in smaller lots than 12. I'd be up to try them, but 12 is just too big of a commitment for me.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

Personally, I wish smaller packages were offered. I'm only interested in the NYC, Damn Spicy, and sauerkraut anyway; the rest I could live without.

aspen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aspen

ONLY 6.66/JAR; SHOULD SELL FAST!!! LOL

penguin9271

quality posts: 6 Private Messages penguin9271

I still have about 9 bottles pickles and more left over from the last offering or I'd definitely be in for one. They are VERY good so if you haven't purchased some, go ahead!

katikaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katikaf

Sounds interesting but a smaller set would be better. 12 jars is 8 jars too many.

taw28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taw28

I love pickles but I bought these last time and they use Apple Cider Vinegar. I am not a fan and wish I would have saved my money.

kylecountryman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kylecountryman

I've been able to justify (sort of) all of the wine that I've bought recently to the wife. If I ordered $80 of pickles I'd also have to look for a new place to live.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

An hour of pickles and still 66% remaining.

deckerbrian

quality posts: 16 Private Messages deckerbrian

These pickles are like public transportation. Everyone should use it...that way I'd have the roads all to myself. Everyone (else) should buy these so I can see what the next wine is.

true559

quality posts: 23 Private Messages true559

Love to try these but...first I have to see if I have the room to store them. How do these stack up against Nathans or Claussen?

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose
kylecountryman wrote:I've been able to justify (sort of) all of the wine that I've bought recently to the wife. If I ordered $80 of pickles I'd also have to look for a new place to live.

But I bet you could take your pickles with you!