$89.99 (Normally $277.30) 68% off List Price
2009 Mirage Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Monterey County
CT link above

Previous offer:
12/26/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

kabraxcis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kabraxcis

I haven't even tried this, but low-price cases from woot have never failed me as a daily drink.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother

Previous offer

It's not supposed to be fizzy, it's a flaw. Reviewers say it's okay after decanting for a few hours.

djlund999

quality posts: 3 Private Messages djlund999

I recall this was previously offerred. Interested in any who had it, as I'm nervous about the fizz.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

With proper handling this wine provides excellent QPR. It takes some time for the effervescence to blow off but it's pretty tasty once it does. Decant for a couple hours before drinking.

wycarrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wycarrell

Bought 2 cases of this the last time. A really decent product with a unique fizz. My wife and I have enjoyed this on a number of occasions with red meats and pasta dishes. I would recommend with an open mind to a mild fizz. Unique item. Will buy again.

benyust2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benyust2

I just had a bottle of this on Saturday. The fizz goes away after decanting for a couple of hours. But, if you drink it before then, it is barely noticeable and not really that unpleasant. It isn't as fizzy as beer or soda, it is probably something I wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't mentioned in the title (you can see it get a "head" when pouring it into the decanter though). I'm tempted to buy another case but I'm really trying to cut back on my wine purchases... But, I would say that, even after decanting for two hours, "not bad" is basically how I would describe it (as opposed to "good" or "great")

dmallette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dmallette

I remember the conversation on this last time. I passed then but will pull the trigger now as I have space in my wine rack.

Guess we'll see!!

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fredrinaldi
mother wrote:Previous offer

It's not supposed to be fizzy, it's a flaw. Reviewers say it's okay after decanting for a few hours.

I'm down to my LAST bottle, this is perfect timing, what I do is decant the bottle (my decanter holds 2 bottles so there is a lot of room after pouring the 1 bottle in. then shake vigorously, (it will foam up) let sit 10 minutes and repete 2 more times and its ready to go.
In for another.

Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

benyust2

Last wooter to woot:benyust2
Last purchase:a minute ago

What the heck! In for one! Bring on some more Maryland-shipping eligible reds!

benyust2

fredrinaldi wrote:I'm down to my LAST bottle, this is perfect timing, what I do is decant the bottle (my decanter holds 2 bottles so there is a lot of room after pouring the 1 bottle in. then shake vigorously, (it will foam up) let sit 10 minutes and repet 2 more times and its ready to go.
In for another.

Do you have a lid for your decanter or do you just shake it without it spilling out? I'll have to try this next time (although, as I said earlier, I really don't mind the light fizzy-ness). But, this has always been my "second bottle" (to give it time to decant) so maybe it would be more noticeable in the first bottle of the night.

kenypoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kenypoo

Secondary fermentation in the bottle is the result of poor winemaking practices, either bad filter coupled with residual sugar, or failure to initiate malolactic fermentation in the primary fermentation. Can't tell which without the ABV information.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
fredrinaldi wrote:I'm down to my LAST bottle, this is perfect timing, what I do is decant the bottle (my decanter holds 2 bottles so there is a lot of room after pouring the 1 bottle in. then shake vigorously, (it will foam up) let sit 10 minutes and repete 2 more times and its ready to go.
In for another.

So "shaken, not stirred" is what you're saying? ;)

Any tasting notes? How does it go with Brandini, hehehe?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

djlund999

benyust2 wrote:Do you have a lid for your decanter or do you just shake it without it spilling out? I'll have to try this next time (although, as I said earlier, I really don't mind the light fizzy-ness). But, this has always been my "second bottle" (to give it time to decant) so maybe it would be more noticeable in the first bottle of the night.

And if it's your 3rd or 4th bottle, then perhaps you may not be able to notice?

fredrinaldi

benyust2 wrote:Do you have a lid for your decanter or do you just shake it without it spilling out? I'll have to try this next time (although, as I said earlier, I really don't mind the light fizzy-ness). But, this has always been my "second bottle" (to give it time to decant) so maybe it would be more noticeable in the first bottle of the night.

no lid, my decanter is long stem narrow at top very wide at bottom, I do a rough swirl kinda counter clockwise. Speeds up the process for those of us with no patience

krobart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krobart

If endorsed by fred, I'm in! (Plus, I'm a sucker for anything less than $10 a bottle.)

fredrinaldi

mschauber wrote:So "shaken, not stirred" is what you're saying? ;)

Any tasting notes? How does it go with Brandini, hehehe?

great with da kids toffee

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
fredrinaldi wrote:I'm down to my LAST bottle, this is perfect timing, what I do is decant the bottle (my decanter holds 2 bottles so there is a lot of room after pouring the 1 bottle in. then shake vigorously, (it will foam up) let sit 10 minutes and repete 2 more times and its ready to go.
In for another.

Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

This just sounds..well...um...wrong. More power to you Fred, although next time try the blender it might be quicker

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

djlund999

Request for those who have had this. there's been a lot of discussion about the fizz and ways to eradicate it (I like the blender recommendation).

Could you also talk about the flavor profiles? Fruit, earth, cedar, tabacco?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz
fredrinaldi wrote:no lid, my decanter is long stem narrow at top very wide at bottom, I do a rough swirl kinda counter clockwise. Speeds up the process for those of us with no patience

I know you got tired of the Copa Del Rey Cab but since the per bottle cost is about the same with this offer I am interested. How would you compare the two?

"The older I get the better I was"

SkiTrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkiTrent

In for one. Cheap enough to experiment with(and split with a coworker).

pauly1206

quality posts: 14 Private Messages pauly1206

What do you do if you don't have a decanter?

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
djlund999 wrote:

And for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, nobody say "cola."

fredrinaldi

losthighwayz wrote:I know you got tired of the Copa Del Rey Cab but since the per bottle cost is about the same with this offer I am interested. How would you compare the two?

not even close
Copa a 2
this a 6 maybe a 7 IMHO, everyone's taste is different.

fredrinaldi

pauly1206 wrote:What do you do if you don't have a decanter?

buy one it's a good investment
this is the one I bought
http://www.amazon.com/Luigi-Bormioli-Esperienze-Crystal-Glass-68-Ounce/dp/B000P52OYK/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1361292042&sr=1-6

benyust2

pauly1206 wrote:What do you do if you don't have a decanter?

I bought one from Walmart for like $3-4. I know wine.woot had one for more than that just a few hours ago. But, I would imagine that any container would be fine (glass would probably be better). I bet you could even just pour it into a few wine glasses for a couple hours.

pauly1206

quality posts: 14 Private Messages pauly1206

Awesome, thank you!

benyust2 wrote:I bought one from Walmart for like $3-4. I know wine.woot had one for more than that just a few hours ago. But, I would imagine that any container would be fine (glass would probably be better). I bet you could even just pour it into a few wine glasses for a couple hours.

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
djlund999 wrote:Request for those who have had this. there's been a lot of discussion about the fizz and ways to eradicate it (I like the blender recommendation).

The color is a deep magenta, almost purple. On the nose; some dark fruits, a little oak and some barnyard funk.

On the palate, the fruit is a little brighter. Cherries and raspberries but still with notes of darker fruit such as plum and blackberry. Mild oak and medium tannins on the longish finish.

knotworking

quality posts: 11 Private Messages knotworking

Down to my last two bottles from the first case. I'll say this, at around the same price point, it puts the Tasi Merlot to shame! Not even in the same league. Just bought two more cases now. I'm still sitting on 5 Tasi bottles I can't bring myself to drink.

The method that works best for me (I'm not a fan of the fizz) is open the bottle an hour or two prior, run it through the venturi into each glass, and then swirl it several times vigorously the first few sips.

It's not the wine it was intended to be, but it still drinks like a bottle 2 to 3 times its price.

avontron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avontron

I'm about half way through my first case and I have to say I like it! It's a little annoying having to plan to drink it but two or three hours sitting in the decanter and it has a really nice mild sweetness that I've never tasted in a cab before. I can't drink it with the fizz though, it has too much of the "Barn yard funk" flavor and smell for my liking before decanting. Easiest way to plan for drinking this wine is to decant it at lunch to drink with dinner.

I typically like the stronger wines so this cab I drink with chicken, fish, pasta etc.. Definitely still a good food pairing wine but I think this cab isn't as "red meat" oriented as most.

fredrinaldi

knotworking wrote:Down to my last two bottles from the first case. I'll say this, at around the same price point, it puts the Tasi Merlot to shame! Not even in the same league. Just bought two more cases now. I'm still sitting on 5 Tasi bottles I can't bring myself to drink.

The method that works best for me (I'm not a fan of the fizz) is open the bottle an hour or two prior, run it through the venturi into each glass, and then swirl it several times vigorously the first few sips.

It's not the wine it was intended to be, but it still drinks like a bottle 2 to 3 times its price.

the wife loves the Tasi Merlot, hope it's offered during the WO, I now drive 16 miles to get Tasi at a store in West L.A.

I have never tryed it, but "Happy wife, Happy life"

losthighwayz

quality posts: 61 Private Messages losthighwayz

anyone in L.A. want to split?

"The older I get the better I was"

fredrinaldi

losthighwayz wrote:anyone in L.A. want to split?

looks like your too late But if you got one PM me I split it with ya

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
mother wrote:And for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, nobody say "cola."

LOL, best post of the year

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

knotworking

quality posts: 11 Private Messages knotworking
fredrinaldi wrote:the wife loves the Tasi Merlot, hope it's offered during the WO, I now drive 16 miles to get Tasi at a store in West L.A.

I have never tryed it, but "Happy wife, Happy life"

Your wife loves it and you've never even tried it?!?? Separate (but equal) wine cellars?

The Tasi is not undrinkable (I've made it through 7), but it's very weak juice, with no depth, tannins, or finish to speak of. To each his/her own, nothing wrong with liking it.