0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Cesare

quality posts: 1645 Private Messages Cesare

Pedroncelli Sonoma County Port 500ml 3-Pack and Port Wine Lover’s Dark Chocolate
$44.99 (Normally $81.15) 45% off List Price
2007 Vintage Port Four Grapes, Sonoma County 500ml
Port Wine Lover's Dark Chocolate

Previous offer:
12/4/12

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

I had a feeling it was that time of the month again.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

DELICIOUS! The dark chocolates went unbelievably well with this, too. (see last offer).
And can't forget the great cupcakes we had at Pedroncelli during the RPM tour.

greyday

quality posts: 52 Private Messages greyday

Oh sweet tap dancing Christ, no!

*buries credit cards in yard*

ssufish

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ssufish

Thank you. I'm not able to make it to Barrel Tasting this year and I always buy a bottle of Port. This is perfect, with chocolate no less? Anyone who doesn't jump on this will regret it.

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

I despise pedroncelli wines. But WOOT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luisifer777

quality posts: 4 Private Messages luisifer777

Ohh!! Crap.. i knew it, i knew it... I had that feeling that it was coming.... after 5 wine woots this month alone and between buying or not yesterdays woot wich i did... my wallet is crying. now what do i do if there is a good deal WHAT DO I DO....

Nate650

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Nate650

Is there an ingredient list for the chocolate?

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Oh no, it's 'that' time if the month, again?

Btw, this stuff is good. I didn't take any notes, but I was glad I had put my other bottles in my wine locker..... Otherwise I would have drank them all way too fast.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

hookhams

quality posts: 4 Private Messages hookhams

The chocolate adds another note to the overall value!

mschauber wrote:I didn't take any notes, but I was glad I had put my other bottles in my wine locker..... Otherwise I would have drank them all way too fast.

Damn wine locker...something I don't have so here in MI I just drink them all too fast. Oh well.

hillig

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hillig

I have drank two of these from an earlier offering and was impressed with the quality of this port (especially for the price).

Not so much with the chocolates, but they're an extra anyways.

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
Nate650 wrote:Is there an ingredient list for the chocolate?

HERE is the link to this chocolate on the website for the company that makes it but I didn't see any nutritional info

Bethy54

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Bethy54

Unfortunately I got some last time it was up for sale, and I didn't/don't care for it at all. I love an old, sweet port, and the only thing that was sweet was the chocolate (which is delicious, btw).

coolchris160

quality posts: 47 Private Messages coolchris160
Bethy54 wrote:Unfortunately I got some last time it was up for sale, and I didn't/don't care for it at all. I love an old, sweet port, and the only thing that was sweet was the chocolate (which is delicious, btw).

I hope I don't regret my purchase :-/

Many people have said many great things about this wine (I reviewed some comments from the previous offer) so I decided to place an order. By the sounds of it, I thought this wine was relatively sweet. I like sweet. But you make it sound like it is not sweet at all. Now I'm concerned...

MobileMikey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MobileMikey

Found a review.

The Pedroncelli 2007 Four Grapes Port was produced using fruit sourced at the Pedroncelli Estate Vineyards. The specific vineyard was planted in 1995. This offering is a blend of Tinta Madeira, Tinta Cao, Touriga Nacional and Souzao, the traditional varieties utilized to make Port in the Douro. The fruit was harvested in the field blend style. Fermentation is halted with neutral grape spirits, and barrel aging occurred over 42 months in American oak. This Port is finished in 500 ml bottles and has a suggested retail price of $19. Dark fruit aromas and spice are prominent on the nose of this wine. Those fleshy plum and dark berry characteristics carry through to the palate where they’re joined by bits of brown sugar and plum pudding spices. Kirsch Liqueur, dark chocolate and wisps of earth emerge on the finish, which has excellent length. This Port has medium tannins which recede with some air. Year after year this Port knocks me out. I’ve tasted a lot of Ports, dessert wines and the like from California -- this is far and away the closest example to a traditional example from Portugal you’ll find in the Golden State. And while this may not be intended to age for numerous decades, it will certainly improve and drink well for the next 15 years. Considering the $19 suggested retail price of a 500 ml bottle, it’s a flat out steal. Drink it with dark chocolate, cheeses, or let it act as dessert all by itself.

http://www.bullz-eye.com/wine/reviews/2012/pedroncelli.htm

wfarmer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wfarmer

I had trouble finding much in the way of reviews for the 2007 Port but overall the reviews seem a little mixed with Pedroncelli Port. Most call it a decent but not great port.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
coolchris160 wrote:I hope I don't regret my purchase :-/

Many people have said many great things about this wine (I reviewed some comments from the previous offer) so I decided to place an order. By the sounds of it, I thought this wine was relatively sweet. I like sweet. But you make it sound like it is not sweet at all. Now I'm concerned...

At over 10% residual sugar, it's definitely sweet but not overly sweet; it's balanced. A great QPR!

I have a few bottles of this in my cellar. You won't be disappointed with your decision

kadsworld

quality posts: 10 Private Messages kadsworld
Nate650 wrote:Is there an ingredient list for the chocolate?

I got this a while back with the 2006 port. I enjoyed both the port and the chocolate. From the tin:

Ingredients: Semisweet chocolate (chocolate liquor, sugar, cocoa butter), soya lecithin, pure vanilla, and vanillin (an artificial flavor). Processed on equipment previously used to process milk chocolate.

54% Cocoa
Pairs with Port

Serving Size (40g)
Servings per container: about 2.5
Calories: 190
Calories from Fat: 110

Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 8g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 15mg
Total Carb: 24g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 18g
Protein: 2g

jelliott04

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jelliott04
coolchris160 wrote:I hope I don't regret my purchase :-/

I don't like an overly sweet port and I like this one. It isn't that it isn't sweet (does that even make sense?) but that it isn't over the top syrupy sweet. Very well balanced in my opinion.

Hope that helps!

J