polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
otolith wrote:This picture is incredible. Incredibly stupid, too.

Won't be able to tell if he is bleeding at all though.

Edit: Doc O!! Clearly, the proper thing to claim this time.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Happy Birthday to tenuki!!

Happy Birthday to tenuki!!!

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ ☆ BIRTHDAY !!
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆

Happy happy

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the nap I'm going to take while y'all have fun!

CT

otolith

quality posts: 22 Private Messages otolith

Happy Birthday, Tenuki!

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

otolith

kylemittskus wrote:I know Rioja is Temp. I was talking about the area specifically. Duh!

Brought up a Lan Culmen Rioja, but was outvoted to open up a Triacipedis the I.

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe."
--John Muir

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
North316 wrote:I'm not surprised, we are way more fun and civil (bowtie and kyle excluded) than all of the other sites. She comes here to get a break from the madness.

We still want Inky back though, she was awesome as well. Hopefully it was amicable parting and she will come back to just be a part of the community, but based on the fact that we have no seen her, I'm guessing that may not be the case.

Hey, I'm civil. I'm so civil they'll be teaching civics courses about me in 239 years!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote:I know Rioja is Temp. I was talking about the area specifically. Duh!

BE CIVIL, OR SYBIL, WHATEVER WORKS BEST FOR YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, BUT NOT YOU!

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bhodilee wrote:BE CIVIL, OR SYBIL, WHATEVER WORKS BEST FOR YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, AND YOU, BUT NOT YOU!

Finally, some drunk Bowtie posting.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

North316 wrote:Finally, some drunk Bowtie posting.

North, sweetheart, check your PMs.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
ThunderThighs wrote:North, sweetheart, check your PMs.

Responded

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
ThunderThighs wrote:Y'all have fun at D&D. If you do anything stupid, I expect photos.

Kyle is so fed up with the voodoodoodoo he is resorting to extreme measures to get his point across.

Though, the person in the pic looks a little like it could be Loweeel. Of course, the same explanation would apply.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

polarbear22

Got in the spirit of D&D (inadvertantly) and opened a Vincent Arroyo PS Port last night. This bottle tasted a little off. Still good, but a sort of plastic note on this one. Bad bottle?

And tonight is short ribs cooked in sherry. I think that a PS would be best with this meal. Need some tannins to cut the fat. And my wife planned the menu, not me.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
tommythecat78 wrote:Kyle is so fed up with the voodoodoodoo he is resorting to extreme measures to get his point across.

Though, the person in the pic looks a little like it could be Loweeel. Of course, the same explanation would apply.

That does actually look like Lowel!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Tonight is the WSJ "open that bottle night." So open the bottle you've been hoarding, hiding, putting off, etc.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Tonight is the WSJ "open that bottle night." So open the bottle you've been hoarding, hiding, putting off, etc.

Lol, I was planning on opening a $6 bottle.

CT

polarbear22

kylemittskus wrote:Tonight is the WSJ "open that bottle night." So open the bottle you've been hoarding, hiding, putting off, etc.

Well, I need a PS. Time to open one of the special bottles. Probably too young, but I'll open soon and decant for 6-7 hours.

Thanks for the reminder. I look forward to the excuse to open a special bottle.

My Cellar

otolith

Hmmm...decisions, decisions...

--John Muir

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
ThunderThighs wrote:Y'all have fun at D&D. If you do anything stupid, I expect photos.

The best way to learn about/enjoy wine is to jump in head first but some people take things too literally.

polarbear22

Picked out my bottle for tonight.

2006 Vincent Arroyo Petite Sirah Greenwood Acres. PS should pair well with the short ribs, which already smell wonderful. Best and worst thing about slow cooking - you smell it all day.

My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin

At Scott and Jana Harvey's with 23 others, I think there were well north of 30 bottles including some 2003 Jana, Scott's Barbera and inZin. An exceptional evening!

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:At Scott and Jana Harvey's with 23 others, I think there were well north of 30 bottles including some 2003 Jana, Scott's Barbera and inZin. An exceptional evening!

A) Jealous
B) Want wine list
C) As excellent as a day 2 Ty 2008 PS was tonight with rack of lamb, Scott's cellar is my favourite place to chill with friends and drink wine.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:A) Jealous
B) Want wine list
C) As excellent as a day 2 Ty 2008 PS was tonight with rack of lamb, Scott's cellar is my favourite place to chill with friends and drink wine.

Agreed. I don't know if anyone has the list but it was an amazing evening. Lots of amazing wines. I brought a 2009 chateau montelena Cabernet Franc and it was good.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
CAGrl wrote:Agreed. I don't know if anyone has the list but it was an amazing evening. Lots of amazing wines. I brought a 2009 chateau montelena Cabernet Franc and it was good.

Yes it was, thanks for sharing!

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
CAGrl wrote:Agreed. I don't know if anyone has the list but it was an amazing evening. Lots of amazing wines. I brought a 2009 chateau montelena Cabernet Franc and it was good.

I want to visit them. Never had their wines.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cortot20 wrote:If she does come back here it will be with a different user name.

For realz, no one takes my z.

Things have been really busy and I just haven't had a lot of time (okay, any) to log in and say hello! (Sorry about that.)

Perhaps I need to grab a glass of wine and scroll back up a bit...

I'm just hanging out, really.

otolith

Ended up opening it tonight instead--a '99 Rinaldi Barolo. Went great with the bolognese and fresh pasta (my 8 yo is becoming quite the pasta making expert).

--John Muir

otolith

klezman wrote:I want to visit them. Never had their wines.

Same here!

--John Muir

tommythecat78

quality posts: 18 Private Messages tommythecat78
kylemittskus wrote:That does actually look like Lowel!

The more I look at the picture the more I am convinced that it is him. Christening the first D&D in true PSycho fashion?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
My Cellar (has not been updated in forever)
Do the people want fire that can be applied nasally? -Golgafrinchan Marketing Consultant

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Restaurant Week in Denver. 2 fix prixe for $52.80. Tonight we went to an awesome sushi place. In addition to excellent sushi, I had a lovely chokara sake, oh and they had sparkling sake too!

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
joelsisk wrote:Restaurant Week in Denver. 2 fix prixe for $52.80. Tonight we went to an awesome sushi place. In addition to excellent sushi, I had a lovely chokara sake, oh and they had sparkling sake too!

I love restaurant week, we just had it here in Chicago a couple weeks back. I took my mom to Nomi for lunch and the food, wine and view was spectacular.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei